sdrnet

[MOC] Honey House in Provence

Today I present to you my latest moc:

52719878418_009e3a8c7e_c.jpg

I have always loved photographing beautiful landscapes and in 2007 I took a trip to France in Provence. Towards the end of June in Provence the fields are filled with endless rows of lavender that color the landscape and perfume the air. I adored this landscape and after the advent of the beekeeper in Series 21 of the collectible minifigs, the idea of combining the landscapes of Provence with the lavender honey that is produced in these lands immediately took off in my mind.

I have concentrated all the atmospheres of Provence in a single landscape with the beekeeper's house, a field with rows of lavender, beehives, trees, flowers and vegetation. The story behind this moc is a little girl (the beekeeper's granddaughter) who is accompanied by her mother to visit her grandfather who lives in Provence and her little girl falls in love with this landscape rich in nature and animals.

The house is composed of a rich interior decor which is observable by dividing the two floors and removing the roof. On the ground floor we find the kitchen and the living room, the narrowest part of the house is the laboratory where the grandfather produces his magnificent lavender honey. Through a small window he can leave the jars of honey from the laboratory directly in the kitchen. On the first floor we find the bedroom, a wardrobe and a bathroom with shower.
The grandfather has furnished his house in the most welcoming way possible but it is still a rural house and therefore we will not find a television. All the time is spent in the countryside, surrounded by nature without particular technological means! In front of the house we find a fixed stall where the grandfather sells honey to visitors who come to discover Provence.

The base of the moc can be divided into three parts for easy transport.
The moc consists of approximately 4,200 pieces. The moc is presented for the first time at the MEI in Verona, 4 and 5 march 2023.

Visit the full Image Gallery here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72177720306373386

52718872837_e5951d6a24_c.jpg

52719880108_992a332321_c.jpg

52719816805_cec2acb9d2_c.jpg

52719882848_5cdc1782f0_c.jpg

52719816300_bc1a4d5cbb_c.jpg

52719818675_4b0bd1a43d_c.jpg

Comments and questions are welcome!

Wow. That's stunning. The trees are perfect (Something LEGO sets need to work on.) the lavender field is lovely. Pale yellow is a favorite LEGO color of mine and fits the building perfectly, more so with the lavender plants and vines. The roof has just the right amount of texture and color. I'd buy this if it was an Ideas set. It's really really beautiful.

Love the sunflowers, they caught my eye immediately!

Must just be a reflection of my current state of hunger but my mouth started watering when I spotted the jars of honey!

I thank everyone for the beautiful comments. Thank you very much!!
I am seriously thinking of inserting the project on LEGO IDEAS. I am evaluating if it is a set that might like the great mass of the afol.
In any case, I believed in this project a lot because I love the beautiful landscapes and I inserted all my love in doing it. Thanks again!

This is another great design from you!
The overall picture is great and I love the interiors.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

PS
Finally received your Winter chalet last week; my wife and I can't wait to build it!

Lovely. I like the bright colors and a positive atmosphere. My favourite details are the cypress tree and the house, the bright yellow is very fitting for a facade and there's lots of interesting interior details.