1280x1105.JPG

When word hits the holonet that the grand prize of Coachelle Prime's Riot Race is a Hyperspace Star Chart the various factions throughout the galaxy put together their best racers to compete.

Contest Specifics:

There are 3 categories for this contest.

Cat A: Build a Riot Racer and pilot. Assign a total of 12 points across the three categories of Attack, Defense, and Speed. No category can have more than 5 points assigned to it. Try to have your Riot Racer match the stats you give it. For example, if you put 5 in Attack, 4 in Speed, and 3 in Defense your Riot Racer should be sleek with lots of blaster canons.

All racers will compete against each other. Various obstacles will be faced by all racers requiring Attack, Defense, or Speed stats to "beat." So chose your stats wisely. The race will consist of 24 "spaces" split into 3 laps of 8 spaces each. Each round your Racer will move the number of spaces corresponding to its speed stat. So if you have a Speed of 4, you'll move 4 spaces. During each round your racer will face an obstacle requiring Attack or Defense to overcome. If a whomp rat with defense of 3 gets in your way you'll have to shoot it. If your attack is 3 or higher you get to proceed as normal. But if your attack is 2 then you'll be penalized the difference between the 2 stats and the number of spaces you get to move will be decreased accordingly. If a Tusken with attack of 5 starts shooting and your defense is only 3 you'd be penalized 2 movement spaces.

1280x632.JPG

Before you face each obstacle a luck dice will be rolled. All players will have a 1/6th chance of avoiding the obstacle completely. The player that gets the 2nd highest score from the judges on their Riot Racer will get a 1/3rd chance of avoiding obstacles each roll. And the player with the highest scoring Racer will get a 50/50 chance of avoiding obstacles.

Winner of the race gets the Star Chart which will grant you 50 XP in any one territory you currently have access to.

Cat B: Build a repair pit where you can work on your Riot Racer. You can include the Racer in pictures, but the score will be based off everything but the Racer. Winner gets a Star Chart which grants 25 XP in any one territory you currently have access to.

Regardless of where you set your repair pit in the galaxy please title and submit your MOC under the following:
Dark Side - M10
Light Side - P7
Mercenaries - S10

Cat C: Show a scene where fans are enjoying the race. They can be in the stands or at a cantina. Winner gets a Star Chart which grants 25 XP in any one territory you currently have access to.

Regardless of where you set your scene in the galaxy please title and submit your MOC under the following:
Dark Side - M10
Light Side - P7
Mercenaries - S10

The Rules:

• All entries must be entered using this form: Link to Submission Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • Each person may only enter each category once.
  • All entries will earn XP for their team based on their score.
  • The Episode will run from Mar 1 to Apr 30th June 19th. As long as it is still Apr 30th June 19th somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points.
  • The criteria by which your MOCs will be scored is 1) Storytelling, 2) Aesthetics, and 3) Technical Ability. You can earn up to 10 points in each category for a max total of 30 points per entry.
  • The player with the highest scored build using a particular seed part will win control of that seed part. The faction that controls the most seed parts will be the Winning Faction.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Mysteries, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. 3rd party parts may be allowed if used to customize characters and in small quantities. I.E. guns or decals. 3rd party bricks are not allowed to be intentionally used (if you have a Megablock 2x2 brick in a wall of Lego bricks you won't be penalized).
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• In Cat A the winner of the race gets the Star Chart which will grant you 50 XP in any one territory you currently have access to.
  • Highest scoring MOC in Cat B will be the winner and gets a Star Chart which grants 25 XP in any one territory you currently have access to.
  • Highest scoring MOC in Cat C will be the winner and gets a Star Chart which grants 25 XP in any one territory you currently have access to.
  • All points won must be assigned within 3 weeks of the contest's end by announcing in your team's public thread.

Intriguing side-upturn of events, I like this starwars merit. I havnt seen a con-, er well I'm not competing for the idea's glory- I havnt seen this sort of competition yet on EB, just some scenes from a tub.

Definitely a interesting challenge! I hope i can put something together. These little speeders are not my comfort zone :laugh:

19 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

Intriguing side-upturn of events, I like this starwars merit. I havnt seen a con-, er well I'm not competing for the idea's glory- I havnt seen this sort of competition yet on EB, just some scenes from a tub.

You're still a riddle to me...

I always wonder what's going on in your brain after seing your posts...

14 hours ago, Guyinaplaguemask said:

Can we use Stud.io instead of ldd? I prefer the former.

Using Stud.io is allowed.

I'm sorry, but due to real life issues i have no time to build anything in April and this drought will last few more weeks. So i have to skip this contest, although i like the general idea of the contest very much.

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I'm sorry, but due to real life issues i have no time to build anything in April and this drought will last few more weeks. So i have to skip this contest, although i like the general idea of the contest very much.

I think most of our players are having time challenges. @Jody Meyer @Professor Thaum What would you think about extending the contest another month?

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

@Yperio_Bricks Would a deadline of May 8th give you enough time to enter?

No, sorry. I have no time to build for some more weeks. Please don't wait for me. I will be back later!

Well, I'd prefer for people to have a chance to build. What if we postpone the contest till after the May the 4th one is over, so till June sometime? Would that work for everyone?

Do the race course, pit, stands or cantina have to resemble a certain kind of aesthetics, or are we free to choose? Coachelle Prime is said to have hot swamps but that's it. So maybe a more generic build is possible?

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Do the race course, pit, stands or cantina have to resemble a certain kind of aesthetics, or are we free to choose? Coachelle Prime is said to have hot swamps but that's it. So maybe a more generic build is possible?

You are welcome to add your own creative take on the kind of buildings or terrain. Planets are big places :wink: