Sign in to follow this  
Ferret-

Underground Cat Cathedral WIP

A small subsection of my current landscape moc that I am very excited about! The whole moc is a highland waterfall crossing with stables, gold mine, and will eventually have a keep/tower on a plateau with this cathedral underneath it. I have a missing cat poster tile on the way from pick a brick that will have to be involved with the secret passage entrance getting down there, haha.

52720246495_050c59d502_z.jpgcat cathedralx by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

52720091804_98e5d65275_z.jpgcat cathedral3 by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

52719304822_b8bc803f4c_z.jpgcat cathedral1 by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

52719304832_60d84c0117_z.jpgcat cathedral x6 by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

52720246700_6ef042a962_z.jpgcat cathedral x5 by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

52720092004_a1a8d5be45_z.jpgcat cathedral x4 by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

52720092039_3017766e70_z.jpgcat cathedral x3 by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

and finally, the inspiration for the concept, this piece:

52512047283_b85075840c_z.jpg315517596_451141347095411_2164567805012535642_n by Ferret Percussion, on Flickr

Getting everybody to church on time has to be like herding cats anyway, so why not just combine the two? :tongue:

Fantastic MOC, love the stone paws!

Edited by Murdoch17

9 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Getting everybody to church on time has to be like herding cats anyway, so why not just combine the two? :tongue:

Fantastic MOC, love the stone paws!

I had a lot of fun with the paws, I think I might commit to recoloring the hooks for the claws pearl gold, but we'll see! Also was very excited to use the old belville cats as statues, and the cinderella cat tiles on the shields too. Oh the joys of searching "cat" on bricklink just to see what comes back.

Brilliant idea. Felines have been worshiped as deities since ancient Egypt. Why change the status quo? I thought there would be a few cat people minifigs in there too. Maybe some from the CMF line as well as the Vidiyo heads. Now, who's the black and red fellow officiating over the sacrificial mouse?

On 3/4/2023 at 3:44 AM, Feuer Zug said:

Brilliant idea. Felines have been worshiped as deities since ancient Egypt. Why change the status quo? I thought there would be a few cat people minifigs in there too. Maybe some from the CMF line as well as the Vidiyo heads. Now, who's the black and red fellow officiating over the sacrificial mouse?

I saw the cat in party hat tile for 67 cents an had to have it, then when I actually had it in hand it made too much sense to have a cult of some kind worshiping it in a stone temple of sorts. I don't know who they might be, The Fur Masons? The Feliminati? Totally in the cards to get a CMF style cat leader up on the podium, just used a nexo fig that happened to be in the same bricklink order as some of the other parts for this moc. Eventually when it is fully incorporated into the larger moc from the other thread it will have a cave with a small fountain for the leader to emerge from behind the pulpit.

Haha, this is hilarious—and I love the idea of working a quirky scene like this into a larger MOC as a humorous "easter egg"!

Love the builds of the big paws as well—clever parts usage with those tow hooks used for claws!