Sign in to follow this  
Vitruvius

Could Simpsons line of Minifigure series or Sets return?

Honestly, I would love to see the return of Simpsons to the LEGO world with someimprovements.  For example, Lisa and Bart would get medium legs while Maggie is “shrunk” to a mircofigure or baby minifigureinstea of “oversized” normal minifigure. Some minifigures may need dual molded legs or arms. 

However, I don’t know if it would be possible becuase I think the sets ‘ CMF seriies were not sold well. 

I know the previous Simpsons line didn't sell well, but I can't help but think the problem was the price point and the lack of availability. CMFs and D2Cs are less available / less visible to consumers than "regular" sets. Not everyone could afford the Simpsons house, and it wasn't sold by many retailers anyway. And for those adult collectors who COULD afford it, it was highly inaccurate, which doesn't justify the price. And blind bags are more for kids swapping in a playground, not an adult fan wanting to buy a piece of nostalgia.

I'd love the theme to return with more accessible sets, both to broaden availability and to spread out the costs of new molds. Ideally, the characters would use standard minifig heads with new hair pieces, so they could have different expressions to help tell stories... not unlike their Lego-fied appearance in the tie-in Simpsons episode at the time. Get some iconic vehicles and locations, maybe some dioramas with quotes from some of the more memed episodes (TLG loves memes), and you've got yourself a best-seller... in my head, anyway.

If they came back, there would be a lot of repeats before they get round to the missing figures. I'd prefer molded shaped heads again. I still can't understand why they did Edna Krabappel and Willie but not Skinner. I can understand leaving out Moe and Barney due to alcohol, even though they could be done in other outfits, but the omission of Skinner is very strange.

Simpsons were weird line and dont miss them by any means. Simpsons as sitcom are past their glory, so Im not interested in them anyway.

Not mention theme consist  of two hefty D2C sets and only minifigures were on regular sale. This doesnt help me in deciding either.

Edited by Ondra

On 3/21/2023 at 10:08 AM, MAB said:

If they came back, there would be a lot of repeats before they get round to the missing figures. I'd prefer molded shaped heads again. I still can't understand why they did Edna Krabappel and Willie but not Skinner. I can understand leaving out Moe and Barney due to alcohol, even though they could be done in other outfits, but the omission of Skinner is very strange.

There is a Mini-bobble-head toy line which has rubber heads you can just take off and put on a Lego torso. Combined with a custom printed Torso it is the perfect Skinner. Sadly they didn't do Moe, Lenny and Carl.

I agree. I'd love to see them back. It is by far my favourite Lego theme. From a reboot with a d2c house each year to a bunch of smaller dioramas there would be huge potential.

What do you guys think people would be willing to pay for legolike custom resin printed heads of Moe, Lenny, Carl and Quimbi? Made my stl Files as a hobby project for some years. I found the perfect printing service mixing special plastic in yellow and reddish brown. It would cost about twice as much to get 50 sets of heads instead of 1, so I am thinking about selling the other 49...