PxChris

New Rumored Pirate Set in July 2023

5 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

After some googling I believe ether 6276 or 6277 are the most probable candidates. Is there any other set that would fit the bill?

If we're talking about large imperial/soldier sets, then 6276 Edlorado Fortress and 6277 Imperial Trading Post are the only two.

5 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

I've been thinking. Going over the placeholder name for the set that includes the word "vault"

From which source(s) can this placeholder name be observed?

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

From which source(s) can this placeholder name be observed?

from Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation thread

@lego_insider_news on Instagram: 

10320 - [Vault D2C] - $214.99, 2509 Pieces, 18+ / July release / Based on the Pirates theme 

pointed out by @Classic_Spaceman, not sure about Instagram leaker's reliability though

3 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

10320 - [Vault D2C] - $214.99, 2509 Pieces, 18+ / July release / Based on the Pirates theme 

pointed out by @Classic_Spaceman, not sure about Instagram leaker's reliability though

Thank ye!

@lego_insider_news came through with the goods on the recent LEGO House exclusive so maybe there is hope...

Just now, Jiesdeo said:

r/Legoleak recently banned posts from @lego_insider_news however, so I'm still taking this rumour with a grain of salt.

Aye, take every rumour with a grain of salt until there is an official announcement.

But it appears @lego_insider_news was banned for stealing information, not the accuracy of the information itself.

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Aye, take every rumour with a grain of salt until there is an official announcement.

But it appears @lego_insider_news was banned for stealing information, not the accuracy of the information itself. 

If anything that speaks to me a true pirate :pir-triumph:

Otherwise I do hope we see the Trading post making a come back. But considering the set is rather huge with the port structure and a small ship  I think it will be hard to fit in the piece count, especially given modern builds.

I’m wondering if this is either the “vault” set for the Flying Dutchman? Or maybe a ucs black pearl?

I know it was translated from french, so maybe listing it as a “pirates” set was a translation issue?

5 hours ago, thewatchman said:

I know it was translated from french

Where does that info stem from? 

6 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Where does that info stem from? 

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but I thought the leaker said the info was from a French retailer?

1 hour ago, thewatchman said:

Maybe I’m remembering incorrectly but I thought the leaker said the info was from a French retailer?

Ah that could be, not sure. However, this does not mean necessarily it has to be/ was translated from French. I hope we find out soon! 

16 hours ago, thewatchman said:

I’m wondering if this is either the “vault” set for the Flying Dutchman? Or maybe a ucs black pearl?

I know it was translated from french, so maybe listing it as a “pirates” set was a translation issue?

When asked if it could be PotC, the leaker said they "think" it's Classic Pirates.

7 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

When asked if it could be PotC, the leaker said they "think" it's Classic Pirates.

Fantastic!

I’m really hoping for trading port remake!

10 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

Did yer ask what makes them think that?

6 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Did yer ask what makes them think that?

No, I wasn't the one asking the question.

On 3/19/2023 at 9:35 AM, Alpha Draconis said:

from Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation thread

Ah, well if that’s the leaker then I shall start lessening my expectations for this set being real 

On 3/24/2023 at 10:56 AM, HothFan1987 said:

Ah, well if that’s the leaker then I shall start lessening my expectations for this set being real 

what's wrong with this leaker? sure they stole info but that doesn't mean it's false

2 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

what's wrong with this leaker? sure they stole info but that doesn't mean it's false

There may be legal and moral concerns in regards to stealing information.

However, it's not specified where the information was stolen from... so so it could be "stolen" from another leaker elsewhere on the Internet, or it could be stolen from within the LEGO Group.

At this point in time we just don't know!

21 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

There may be legal and moral concerns in regards to stealing information.

However, it's not specified where the information was stolen from... so so it could be "stolen" from another leaker elsewhere on the Internet, or it could be stolen from within the LEGO Group.

At this point in time we just don't know!

Per definition every leaker publishes information that TLG does not want to be published at that time, so all leaked information is „stolen“ either directly or indirectly.

3 minutes ago, LegoAUT said:

Per definition every leaker publishes information that TLG does not want to be published at that time

That's only if the information is legitimate.

If somebody fabricates a leak, then it's not actually stolen from the LEGO Group.

5 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

That's only if the information is legitimate.

If somebody fabricates a leak, then it's not actually stolen from the LEGO Group.

If its fabricated, it's not really a leak.

44 minutes ago, dilligan said:

If its fabricated, it's not really a leak.

That is correct - that's actually what I'm saying.

However, when information is first leaked we don't whether it's legitimate stolen information or fabricated.

Yes well, I was obviously speaking of real leaked information, not fabricated stuff. 

21 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Yes well, I was obviously speaking of real leaked information, not fabricated stuff. 

Yes, you are correct.  Most companies would prefer not to have information stolen and published by third-parties prior to making an official announcement.

However, when information is first leaked, we don't know how accurate it is.

So yes, it could be stolen from a legitimate source, or it could be invented by someone on social media to attract more followers.

Either way, leaks sure do get people speculating! :pir-triumph: