PxChris

New Rumored Pirate Set in July 2023

1 hour ago, Jiesdeo said:

So, back to the rumoured Pirates-set.

If it's a new more detailed Eldorado Fortress, do you think Lego will re-use the bluecoat uniforms from the 2015 wave, or do you think they will design new ones? I would however assume that the soldiers would get red epaulettes instead of white. Maybe the officers will get double moulded legs with black boots?

I see no reasoning for TLG to create a new design for Imperial Soldiers as 2015 Pirates wave was essentially a "picture-by-picture" copy of the Classics, just a modernized one obviously, and there's nothing wrong with that design, tbh.

Red epaulettes is a must, IMHO. I don't get why in 2015 TLG went with white ones in the first place, lol, especially considering in 2009 refreshed Imperial Guards had blue epaulettes — come on, staying true to the original ain't gonna hurt :pir-wink:

I'd love the officers to have boot prints, it'd save me some $$$ really, but I don't think it's likely to happen — gotta wait & hope for the better tho :pir-huzzah1:

For me it's also interesting to see what kind of Cap'n Redbeard we're about to get in this set, intrigued fr!

Do you think there will be any civilians in the Eldorado Fortress set? Maybe some kind of gouverneur's daughter? I appreciate that there is more diversity in nowadays sets an for sure there will be some female minifigures, like in the Lion Knight's Castle, no? Maybe some female soldiers?

But to be honest, the prints of the civilian minifigures from the castle set look rather simple while the Lion and Falcon Knights look more detailed. Same for some of the latest pirates, like Port and Starboard from PoBB. They are very simple. So i hope at Eldorado Fortress they look more detailed like PotC minifigues.

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

I'd be surprised if there's no female minifigures at all (whether they take the form of civilians is another matter). Barracuda Bay had two female minifigures even when the figures were direct modernisations of the original 1980s/90s wave which had one female fig. Recently we've seen through the Black Falcons/Lion Knights revival that Lego have no qualms about making female knights. In that vein I'd expect to see at least a few female guards - especially since unlike the pirates, which all had their own characters, most of the original run's guards were just generic smilies.

I'm not a fan of female soldiers, but I would like to see more actual female minifigures. There's never been enough of them in historical themes. Even with the Lion Knights castle, there's only one dress in the entire set. I would have liked to have seen several varieties of dresses.

For Eldorado Fortress, I would really like to see Anne and Camilla. Camilla never appeared in a set.

18 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Maybe some kind of gouverneur's daughter?

Or any kind of NIECES, hopefully? :pir-grin: Does the name "Camilla" still ring any bells for TLG? Just about time we finally get her as a minifigure!

9 hours ago, Jiesdeo said:

If it's a new more detailed Eldorado Fortress, do you think Lego will re-use the bluecoat uniforms from the 2015 wave, or do you think they will design new ones?

8 hours ago, F1stzz said:

I see no reasoning for TLG to create a new design for Imperial Soldiers as 2015 Pirates wave was essentially a "picture-by-picture" copy of the Classics, just a modernized one obviously, and there's nothing wrong with that design, tbh.

They are out of production so Lego will make new ones, they may end up close to the ones from 2015, but will not be the same. When they finally brought back the horse mould they made it slightly different in the printing even if it was no reason to do it. Had there been any bluecoats in production they would probably just used the same for at least some of the figs to same on the budget :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, jodawill said:

I'm not a fan of female soldiers, but I would like to see more actual female minifigures. There's never been enough of them in historical themes. Even with the Lion Knights castle, there's only one dress in the entire set. I would have liked to have seen several varieties of dresses.

For Eldorado Fortress, I would really like to see Anne and Camilla. Camilla never appeared in a set.

I think they will include some females and hopefully not only female soldiers. Camilla would be a very nice fig to include so would not surprise me :sweet:

8 hours ago, jodawill said:

I also really hope they have red epaulets. I bet they will because the original set did and that part is only available in gold right now anyway.

There is one in orange(?) in the flower set as well :classic:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

They are out of production so Lego will make new ones, they may end up close to the ones from 2015, but will not be the same. When they finally brought back the horse mould they made it slightly different in the printing even if it was no reason to do it. Had there been any bluecoats in production they would probably just used the same for at least some of the figs to same on the budget :shrug_oh_well:

I believe the red striped pirate tank top from 2015 was also out of production since 2016, but it was still brought back with the exactly identical print for 31109 & 21322 releases. I'm not 100% sure tho, maybe this torso was a part of some books or packs released before 2020, but there are no mentions of any on BL. Therefore I see no problem for TLG to re-release the bluecoat torsos from 2015 in the same manner. Don't get me wrong tho, I'd be interested to see what kind of a new print for Bluecoats TLG could come up with for the 6276 remake if they decide to go that route, but I just don't really see the need for 'em to make those, as, first of all, it's not a guarantee they'd create something 100% better than 2015 print (even though it's not likely for TLG to smh fail this task nowadays, especially considering all they have to do to make a print better than 2015 version is add a buckle onto the crossed belts, lol) & second — this means prices for 2015 Bluecoats on the aftermarket could very much skyrocket over time as the new print solidifies the point of no return to previous patterns, which adds to the rarity of those. I don't have to explain how it would affect those of us, who are gathering Bluecoat armies :pir-look:

8 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

I believe the red striped pirate tank top from 2015 was also out of production since 2016, but it was still brought back with the exactly identical print for 31109 & 21322 releases. I'm not 100% sure tho, maybe this torso was a part of some books or packs released before 2020, but there are no mentions of any on BL. Therefore I see no problem for TLG to re-release the bluecoat torsos from 2015 in the same manner. Don't get me wrong tho, I'd be interested to see what kind of a new print for Bluecoats TLG could come up with for the 6276 remake if they decide to go that route, but I just don't really see the need for 'em to make those, as, first of all, it's not a guarantee they'd create something 100% better than 2015 print (even though it's not likely for TLG to smh fail this task nowadays, especially considering all they have to do to make a print better than 2015 version is add a buckle onto the crossed belts, lol) & second — this means prices for 2015 Bluecoats on the aftermarket could very much skyrocket over time as the new print solidifies the point of no return to previous patterns, which adds to the rarity of those. I don't have to explain how it would affect those of us, who are gathering Bluecoat armies :pir-look:

You may be right or it was in BAM maybe, definitely seen some pirate parts there? If it is so close in time that they can easy just bring up the print on the pc they may use it and probably give it a new part number:shrug_oh_well:

On 4/15/2023 at 4:40 AM, Mister Phes said:

Yes, I know what you meant.  When I said straight-forward re-release I was specifically referring to the Legend sets released ~20 years ago. I.e 10400 Black Seas Barracuda, 6292 Enchanted Island, 6292 Armada Flagship and 6290 Red Beard Runner.

In short: Re-releasing older sets in their original form doesn't work, but updating their design with modern building pratices and more pieces does work.

Ah - We agree, but I misunderstood you! 👍

15 hours ago, F1stzz said:

I agree. I doubt that we will get dual-moulded legs, though red epaulettes are probably likely. 

15 hours ago, F1stzz said:

Red epaulettes is a must, IMHO. I don't get why in 2015 TLG went with white ones in the first place, lol, especially considering in 2009 refreshed Imperial Guards had blue epaulettes — come on, staying true to the original ain't gonna hurt :pir-wink:

White epaulettes were extremely rare at the time, so perhaps that was a factor? 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

White epaulettes were extremely rare at the time, so perhaps that was a factor?

I can see that, as an option TLG could've left those just for the mid rank officers if they were truly aiming for variety (like we had blue, red & gold coloured epaulettes for 2009 Guards), but equip the regular soldiers with a red ones. Anyway, hopefully we'll get this fixed in the upcoming set 🤞🏻 

2 hours ago, F1stzz said:

I can see that, as an option TLG could've left those just for the mid rank officers if they were truly aiming for variety (like we had blue, red & gold coloured epaulettes for 2009 Guards), but equip the regular soldiers with a red ones. Anyway, hopefully we'll get this fixed in the upcoming set 🤞🏻 

In my "army", I've classified it as red epaulettes for artillery and white epaulettes for infantry.

2 hours ago, F1stzz said:

We got red epaulettes on the governor/admiral in 2009, so LEGO may have also wanted to differentiate Pirates III from Pirates II (as they released only six years apart). 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We got red epaulettes on the governor/admiral in 2009...

The funny thing is that Tierney's gotta be the only guy in Imperial Guards faction to wear a blue coat, which allows him to rock the red epaulettes as a perfect match, lol :pir-grin: This guy just takes the established in the 90s dress code & throws it out the widely opened window of his Flagship :pir_tong2:

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We got red epaulettes on the governor/admiral in 2009, so LEGO may have also wanted to differentiate Pirates III from Pirates II (as they released only six years apart). 

The doorman in the 2022 City Advent Calendar had dark red epaulettes, so maybe they'll switch it up a bit. If so, maybe the uniforms will be dark blue as well.

84415_IMG_2316.JPG

7 minutes ago, Jiesdeo said:

The doorman in the 2022 City Advent Calendar had dark red epaulettes, so maybe they'll switch it up a bit. If so, maybe the uniforms will be dark blue as well.

I doubt that we will get dark blue Bluecoats, but I can see the dark red epaulettes being reused. I do not have any - How do they look on the 2015 Bluecoat? 

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

👍I doubt that we will get dual-moulded legs, though red epaulettes are probably likely. 

An excellent idea. Just been into a LEGO store and got five of the dual molded white legs with black boots. If nothing else, they go to the crew of my Caribbean Clipper, who will look mighty fine with them.

Edited by RichardGoring

I waited dark red epaulletes for my bluecoat army on Pick a brick online, and contacted Lego and they said the mentioned epaulettes are no more in production. This was 40-50 days ago.

That doesn't really mean much, though.  Of course since the advent calendar is not in production, dark red epaulettes are also not in production.  Neither are red or yellow epaulettes, but any of them could come back for this set.

On 4/16/2023 at 3:23 PM, brickbride said:

Sorry! I was referring to Roebuck's and Yperio_Bricks' comments about the goat.

It was helpful to the discussion that was taking place, thanks. 

...I really hope they just honor the original pi061 in all its glory!

2 hours ago, CvS said:

The only real change that they need to make to the 2015 Bluecoat is to swap the white epaulettes for red; a new dual-moulded shako would be nice, though. 

7 hours ago, CvS said:

That is probably my all time favourite minifig :wub:

On 4/17/2023 at 4:00 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree. I doubt that we will get dual-moulded legs, though red epaulettes are probably likely. 

What are "dual-moulded legs"?

Can we have a picture of them?