PxChris

New Rumored Pirate Set in July 2023

2 hours ago, Samarth said:

Guys, guys, they're re-doing the old soccer theme with 40634. This set is definitely coming then. Surely pirates is a more popular classic theme than soccer! 

6 minutes ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

Otherwise I will loose all hope in legos customer base.

Better start believing in terrible company choices, your in one.

In all seriousness though, I think they are trying to appeal to certain demographics regardless of sales figures. 
 Politics aside I know a lot of lego fans and I don’t know anyone that would buy that set. 

where as themes that sell consistently well get pushed aside for garbage sets and release 522 of a background starwars character that was never given a name that now has 3 Disney plus series coming soon tm*

4 hours ago, Samarth said:

Guys, guys, they're re-doing the old soccer theme with 40634. This set is definitely coming then. Surely pirates is a more popular classic theme than soccer! 

Well then you are not living in Europe or Latin America. Soccer is a not a sport but a religion in those regions. So I do think Lego thinks soccer sets will be appealing to more people and Lego will prefer selling soccer sets over pirates sadly. I will only be sure of the release of the remaster Eldorado Fortress when I see real pictures and not rumours. A couple of months ago I saw rumours on a German site of a Lego Barbie set with the same number as this Eldorado set rumour. So rumours are all garbage. The best thing to do is to expect nothing so I cannot dissapointed. The only thing Lego cares about , is Starwars and Harry Potter. Because there is where the most money is. 

Edited by DonQuixote
spelling mistake

On 5/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, Sir Dano said:

I have so many old torsos that are broken that I don't think Lego's quality has gone as downhill as people like to claim. 

I have 2 recent ones, a head from 21322 has split on one side and the queen torso from 10305 also has cracked for me . And at the same time I have wolfpack figures from 1992 which are fine. Let's not talk about the actual briks (new brown) they break a lot, even new brown horses also break super easy.  It is all out there the plastic has changed for more "greener plant based alternatives" . Garbage .

26 minutes ago, odinbricks said:

And at the same time I have wolfpack figures from 1992 which are fine. Let's not talk about the actual briks (new brown) they break a lot

Okay, but you understand that you having a few damaged parts from new sets and a few old parts with no damage doesn't mean the new bricks are worse? Some things break even when the quality isn't poor overall. Equally, some things don't break even when they're known to be fragile. I have a few of the milky-white antennas from the 60s in perfect condition, but that doesn't mean the part wasn't prone to breakage. And this is the Pirates subforum - the classic flags are known to have breakable clips, which is part of the reason they're so expensive to buy on the second-hand market.

And while the reddish brown and dark red bricks were famously fragile (though if we're talking anecdotal experience, I've never had a brick break in either colour) that issue has been fixed now.

6 hours ago, Samarth said:

Surely pirates is a more popular classic theme than soccer! 

40634 doesn't really seem to be a remake of the old theme so much as a set based on the sport. And football is absurdly popular, the single most popular sport on the planet - not only is it likely more popular than pirates (as a topic of play for kids, not a Lego theme; obviously Lego Pirates has a far higher cultural footprint than Lego Sports), I wouldn't be surprised if football exceeds Lego itself as a pastime for children. On top of that, football isn't something people age out of. Lego, much as we here love it, is just a kid's toy for most people in the world. When they reach a certain age they get rid of it or put it up for their own children. Even many AFOLs tend to have a period (usually starting in their teens) where they're not so much into Lego, possibly due to cultural pressure to give it up. The term 'Dark Ages' exists for a reason.

Lego releasing a football set not only makes complete sense, but says nothing about the viability of a pirates theme. If it says anything about the likelihood of a pirate set, it would be that - as Lego are clearly comfortable releasing one-and-done AFOL-targeted sets for a variety of topics - a single release of a pirate set is more probable than if Lego were rigidly sticking to only what they could make a full-blown theme out of.

1 hour ago, Alexandrina said:

that issue has been fixed now. 

Don't make me laugh.  Just go and do a search on "lego broken brown horse". - I literally have 2 of them break in exactly the same way.
And the brown briks are still breaking like mad even with the latest sets (don't trust me - i have a bag full of them - broken plates, 1x1 cylinders, dark reds - same thing ).  Sadly lego is not as durable as it used to be (thank you "sustainable" briks) And I am not speaking just one set from 1992, any old set you pick is tough as hell. You can not tell me that a sets I used to play since I was 10 and now my kids play with  are still perfect have the same quality as something coming out of the box now and breaking in 2-3 months. 

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

What was his name?  What date did he confirm it?  And who did he confirm it to?

I quite like the set, although many disagree.

I've got two of them!

Pirates Perilous Pitfall was released 4 years  into my Dark Age, so unlike Forbidden Island and Rock Island Refuge, it's not a set I remember from childhood.

In fact, I didn't discover it until 2002 when I reemerged from my Dark Age and began learning about all the pirate sets released post 1993.

And for whatever reason, it took me a while to get to the 1997 sets, but when I first it, Pirates Perilous Pitfall was a pleasant surprise!

I wasn't expecting a set that large to be released so late in the line - how did this manage to escape me for so long?

But that's more than 2 decades ago now, so that particular set evokes quite different feelings of nostalgia.

If you scroll back in the thread there is multiple comments talking about how they have reached out to him. FluffySky6 on Reddit. He is the source for the swamp speeder, gunship, venator and the fort.

Yeah and since then we have heard nothing about the set. I just want to see Eldorado Fortress and go back to business :pir_laugh2:

12 hours ago, Samarth said:

Guess we're only getting half of Eldorado Fortress if we're basing it on that set.

1 minute ago, Sir Dano said:

Guess we're only getting half of Eldorado Fortress if we're basing it on that set.

Fine by me as long as it is made so you can buy 2 and they fit together to make a big one:pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah and since then we have heard nothing about the set. I just want to see Eldorado Fortress and go back to business :pir_laugh2:

I mean what do we expect? The employee worked in customer service iirc and had access to the images of the pieces in the set not the actual set. We didn’t see any leaks for the castle except for that drawn out image until Legocon 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

36 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Which is really disappointing. Why not put the big names players such as CR7, Messi, Lewa etc. That would sell like CRAZY

1 hour ago, Sir Dano said:

You just had to, didn't you? And now that's what will happen, and we'll end up with this again. With two River Niles. Or whatever they include.

Great Pyramid of Giza 21058 | Architecture | Buy online at the Official LEGO® Shop US

21058_Hero4_Standard_Large.jpg?fit=crop&

8 hours ago, odinbricks said:

Just go and do a search on "lego broken brown horse"

A search which yields a handful of results, almost all of which can be definitively dated to parts produced when the brittle brown was a known issue. And, this issue aside, new bricks are not more breakable than old bricks. If anything, they're more durable - primarily as a result of Lego moving to new clips which are less prone to snapping. If you genuinely have a full bag of brand new, broken reddish brown parts from since 2019, you are incredibly unlucky.

12 hours ago, kuzyabricks said:

If you scroll back in the thread there is multiple comments talking about how they have reached out to him. FluffySky6 on Reddit. He is the source for the swamp speeder, gunship, venator and the fort. 

Yes, I know.  I've read the FluffySky6 Reddit post and replied to Classic Space Man, the person who communicated directly FluffySky6 and shared the information here.

I was just being a facetious because you said: "I'm a little confused by people's speculation on whether the set is coming or not. It is. The former Lego employee confirmed it "

Former employees don't confirm anything!

Nothing is confirmed until the LEGO Group makes an official announcement because the details could change, or the set could be completely cancelled - that's happened to a couple sets recently.

And accuracy of past leaks, is not a absolute guarantee that future leaks will be 100% accurate.

So yes, people should speculate and be skeptical over the alleged details until an official announcement is made.

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Yes, I know.  I've read the FluffySky6 Reddit post and replied to Classic Space Man, the person who communicated directly FluffySky6 and shared the information here.

I was just being a facetious because you said: "I'm a little confused by people's speculation on whether the set is coming or not. It is. The former Lego employee confirmed it "

Former employees don't confirm anything!

Nothing is confirmed until the LEGO Group makes an official announcement because the details could change, or the set could be completely cancelled - that's happened to a couple sets recently.

And accuracy of past leaks, is not a absolute guarantee that future leaks will be 100% accurate.

So yes, people should speculate and be skeptical over the alleged details until an official announcement is made.

If this set gets cancelled I’ll never post another eurobricks comment. I just don’t understand why people don’t believe this set is coming out. I was talking more about the speculation that this set will have red coats and that the set is planned to be released . It’s not like the employee said we’re getting a new flagship or something. They confirmed a previous rumour , they never said it was set in stone.

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

This is why people are sceptical, easy as that. 

1 hour ago, kuzyabricks said:

I just don’t understand why people don’t believe this set is coming out.

Not everybody believes rumours.  You may be happy to believe information leaked on the internet that originated from a complete stranger you cannot even name (and I mean real name), but that's not enough for the next person.

Also there's been a recent history of pirate themed sets being rejected/ignored by LEGO Ideas and the Bricklink Designer Program to the point some people don't want to get their hopes up.

34 minutes ago, kuzyabricks said:

a new flagship

That would be nice, there's the new BSB for the pirates, the bluecoats may reasonably expect an upgrade to their out of date Caribbean Clipper. 

I still have everything from the original pirate wave in 1989.I really like the upgrade with the pirate Island and black seas barracuda from the lego ideas. Now I am curious how a remaster of Eldorado Fortress will look like. My favourite soldier set. I never liked the red coats and the trading post. Though I had some sets of them including the red coats ship. The design of the Eldorado Fortress is just top notch! Especially for a 1989 set. The most impressive wave of the eighties! And it still looks good today! That says enough. 

I got one of the ghost pirates from BAM yesterday. Looks nice, but shame it's only a new torso and there's only one. Tempted to get a crew of them though.

Perhaps to invade the fort in a three force battle with the pirates.

I visit this thread everyday in the hopes this got leaked or revealed :pir_laugh2: but we are getting closer and closer to the reported reveal date, I plan on making this the centerpiece of the pirate collection by making it a port for ships and have pirates attacking on the barracuda, a part of me is also tempted to make it POTC themed and have the Black Pearl attacking it but we'll see.

Edited by _R_R_

52 minutes ago, _R_R_ said:

I visit this thread everyday in the hopes this got leaked or revealed :pir_laugh2: but we are getting closer and closer to the reported reveal date, I plan on making this the centerpiece of the pirate collection by making it a port for ships and have pirates attacking on the barracuda, a part of me is also tempted to make it POTC themed and have the Black Pearl attacking it but we'll see.

Today I recieved the Black Pearl from Mould King. Bought it at the bluebrixx webshop. The box looks really good. Lego quality. Actually better because it feels very smooth. Tomorrow I will start building. Ship is a beauty with 2850 pieces and is 76cm in length. First time I bought non Lego there is nothing good avaible at Lego pirate themed. 

3 hours ago, _R_R_ said:

I visit this thread everyday in the hopes this got leaked or revealed 

Let us not get our hopes up too much. That way, if the leaks aren't true, we shan't be so disappointed. 

3 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

Today I recieved the Black Pearl from Mould King. Bought it at the bluebrixx webshop. The box looks really good. Lego quality. Actually better because it feels very smooth. Tomorrow I will start building. Ship is a beauty with 2850 pieces and is 76cm in length. First time I bought non Lego there is nothing good avaible at Lego pirate themed. 

It looks cool but the design is stolen from MocYourBricks which sucks but I understand a lot of us don't care and given the price and size of the official Pearl those bootlegs look a lot more enticing, I actually ended up getting lucky and got a nice deal on an official Pearl which now sits proudly alongside the rest of the PoTC collection, it is really tiny tho! :pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, Jack Sassy said:

Let us not get our hopes up too much. That way, if the leaks aren't true, we shan't be so disappointed. 

I know that is way I said "in the hopes" but it does seem like it's probably real.

13 hours ago, _R_R_ said:

it does seem like it's probably real.

I know, but always keep a bag of salt next to ye. :pir-wink: