PxChris

New Rumored Pirate Set in July 2023

On 5/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, Renny The Spaceman said:

I feel the figs will be the updated style akin to barracuda bay or the castle remakes, I think LEGO considers Classic Space unique in how they try to update it's figures as little as possible (probably as unlike with castle and pirates they still make new figures intended to fit with the OG sets for it so it'd be weird if they also did modernised ones for the Galaxy Explorer)

I suspect this also has to do with the way that "Classic Space" specifically tends to be strictly associated with a particular period of minifig design — simple torso printing, generic smiley faces, and simple helmets without visors. LEGO has made attempts at more "modernized" Classic Space inspired figures to various degrees (e.g. the Minifigures Series 3 Spaceman and Series 6 Intergalactic Girl), but the result is that fans often struggle to relate to those sorts of figures as part of the "Classic Space" faction.

By contrast, old-school LEGO Castle factions like Lion Knights, Black Falcons, and Forestmen from LEGO Castle lasted long enough to overlap with minifigures that were already beginning to incorporate greater levels of detail to into their torso prints, face prints, and accessories (e.g. molded breastplates and helmets with working visors). So people don't associate these factions as strictly with their earliest and simplest minifigures.

And Pirates minifigures incorporated a wide variety of printed and molded details from the beginning, even if the face prints from their original run still stuck to the traditional black dot eyes (without the white gleam of modern minifigure eyes). So faces with varied print colors and patterns, torsos with detailed contours, etc. aren't anywhere near as huge a departure from "tradition" for them as they would be for a Classic Space minifigure.

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Brickmerge still has the set listed as 7/2023 

https://www.brickmerge.de/10320-1_lego-advanced-models-lego

And consider even LEGO City and Friends sets that are supposed to release in 2 weeks from now, are still not on LEGO.com, I'll just wait and see what happens :)

Also, releasing a set lile this on January 1st (so just after Christmas) would make little sense, at least to me. If you release it that late in the year, you should do it in time for Christmas shopping.. 

5 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I suspect this also has to do with the way that "Classic Space" specifically tends to be strictly associated with a particular period of minifig design — simple torso printing, generic smiley faces, and simple helmets without visors. LEGO has made attempts at more "modernized" Classic Space inspired figures to various degrees (e.g. the Minifigures Series 3 Spaceman and Series 6 Intergalactic Girl), but the result is that fans often struggle to relate to those sorts of figures as part of the "Classic Space" faction.

By contrast, old-school LEGO Castle factions like Lion Knights, Black Falcons, and Forestmen from LEGO Castle lasted long enough to overlap with minifigures that were already beginning to incorporate greater levels of detail to into their torso prints, face prints, and accessories (e.g. molded breastplates and helmets with working visors). So people don't associate these factions as strictly with their earliest and simplest minifigures.

And Pirates minifigures incorporated a wide variety of printed and molded details from the beginning, even if the face prints from their original run still stuck to the traditional black dot eyes (without the white gleam of modern minifigure eyes). So faces with varied print colors and patterns, torsos with detailed contours, etc. aren't anywhere near as huge a departure from "tradition" for them as they would be for a Classic Space minifigure.

A good point I've never actually considered, well said

On 5/18/2023 at 8:33 PM, andabottleofrum said:

Based on the lego dashboard seems like launch is pushed back to 2024, which is a bummer :(

346837906_1725870251200701_721400880677253752_n.thumb.jpg.07a51eddb8ae7427c2dc2b3f7c586e8d.jpg
(source: Jozef from the Classic pirates facebook group)

So June 15 is when we can expect to see some images leak?

On 5/18/2023 at 12:33 PM, andabottleofrum said:

Based on the lego dashboard seems like launch is pushed back to 2024, which is a bummer :(

(source: Jozef from the Classic pirates facebook group)

What kind of page is that anyway?

6 hours ago, Roebuck said:

What kind of page is that anyway?

Looks like from some retailer database.

And even so, there have been sets that have been limited to LEGO.com for a few months at release, and then later sold at other shops, so if this January 2024 is a thing, it seems more likely that's a retailer sell date or something, while it can still launch at LEGO themselves July 1st. (just a theory)

8 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

And even so, there have been sets that have been limited to LEGO.com for a few months at release, and then later sold at other shops, so if this January 2024 is a thing, it seems more likely that's a retailer sell date or something, while it can still launch at LEGO themselves July 1st. (just a theory)

That make sense :classic:

On 5/20/2023 at 10:02 PM, TeriXeri said:

I hope so but I am not sure. I think Lego is not sure if this sell well enough for their shareholders. So I think we can preorder this on june 15th, so Lego will know how many it has to produce for its release next year. 

7 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I hope so but I am not sure. I think Lego is not sure if this sell well enough for their shareholders. So I think we can preorder this on june 15th, so Lego will know how many it has to produce for its release next year. 

Such a procedure would be very unlikely though, no? Not sure whether this process has ever been applied outside BL Designerprogram. 

It's been pretty quite lately and all we got is the initial rumor. I want to know if the thing is real or not :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

It's been pretty quite lately and all we got is the initial rumor. I want to know if the thing is real or not :pir_laugh2::pir_laugh2:

If we recall back to last year, 10305 Lion Knights’ Castle was officially announced on 19 June, 2022.

So June 15 would be following a similar schedule for such an announcement.

I just want to add that while I was at a LEGO exhibition last weekend, I talked to a guy who knows people at LEGO, and he said yes, the set is definitely coming.

18 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Such a procedure would be very unlikely though, no? Not sure whether this process has ever been applied outside BL Designerprogram. 

Yes it is applied to the Jurassic Park visiting centre from the first movie 1993. You can preorder this since a couple of months ago. The rest of the Jurassic Park wave you don't have to preorder. Just check the Lego website. 

6 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

I just want to add that while I was at a LEGO exhibition last weekend, I talked to a guy who knows people at LEGO, and he said yes, the set is definitely coming.

I really hope it's true. If all this is a joke then he should be thrown overboard and feed him to the sharks. Arrrrgh! 

46 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

Yes it is applied to the Jurassic Park visiting centre from the first movie 1993. You can preorder this since a couple of months ago. The rest of the Jurassic Park wave you don't have to preorder. Just check the Lego website. 

Yes, preorder a few months before release is normal, but not half a year or even longer..

New Ninjago City set has some stickers representing posters, one of which has a brown fort with some pirates and red imperial soldiers. The July set may not be brown but I think including red soldiers could be intentional subliminal marketing :pir_laugh2:

1 minute ago, AstroFalcon said:

New Ninjago City set has some stickers representing posters, one of which has a brown fort with some pirates and red imperial soldiers. The July set may not be brown but I think including red soldiers could be intentional subliminal marketing :pir_laugh2:

Could this actually be a remake of Imperial Trading Post then? Maybe the leaker didn't know the difference.

22 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Could this actually be a remake of Imperial Trading Post then? Maybe the leaker didn't know the difference.

The fort features a jolly roger flag and a rope bridge, I'm fairly sure it's not the set we're getting.

1 hour ago, AstroFalcon said:

The fort features a jolly roger flag and a rope bridge, I'm fairly sure it's not the set we're getting.

Saw the sticker here : https://www.instagram.com/p/CslqRsbLEp-/?hl=nl

It's set 6253: Shipwreck Hideout from 2009 

6253-1.jpg?200811130933

Translated Ninjago Alphabet says (see spoiler): 

The

Tale of

Brickbeard

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, AstroFalcon said:

Aye, let's hope that's not the set getting rereleased.

In reality,  6253 Shipwreck Hideout is an inferior remake of 6270 Forbidden Island.

image.png

26 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

It's set 6253: Shipwreck Hideout from 2009 

No sooner do I check this topic and a 6253 Shipwreck Hideout remake appears on Instagram

image.png

3 hours ago, LegoAUT said:

Yes, preorder a few months before release is normal, but not half a year or even longer..

But why has it acces 15 june 2023 and release 1 january 2024 on that computer screen? 

46 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

But why has it acces 15 june 2023 and release 1 january 2024 on that computer screen? 

That is the question, hope we find out soon. I think the theory that 1 January 2024 is the release date for third party sellers and before that date it‘s sold by Lego exclusively would make sense, but let‘s see. If this is good and we can pre-order as of 15 June I would also be okay with it.

And it better be the Eldorado fortress with the bluecoats. I was 9 when it released so I have very strong nostalgic fealings about it. If it something else : a redcoats trading port or a pirate Island, then I will not buy it.

In all excitement and fan of Jack Sparrow I bought the Black Pearl from Bluebrixx. They mentioned it that's a design from create your moc on YouTube so I guess they paid him the design. It really looks fantastic and it's bigger(76cm and 18 cannons! ) than the ship from pirates of Barracuda bay. Still waiting for delivery. Reviewers said that the quality of bricks is good. 

16 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

And it better be the Eldorado fortress with the bluecoats. I was 9 when it released so I have very strong nostalgic fealings about it. If it something else : a redcoats trading port or a pirate Island, then I will not buy it.

In all excitement and fan of Jack Sparrow I bought the Black Pearl from Bluebrixx. They mentioned it that's a design from create your moc on YouTube so I guess they paid him the design. It really looks fantastic and it's bigger(76cm and 18 cannons! ) than the ship from pirates of Barracuda bay. Still waiting for delivery. Reviewers said that the quality of bricks is good. 

You refuse to buy the set if it's not the exact model you wanted as a kid, but you buy PotC knockoffs? Something doesn't jive here. 🙃

Personally, I would be happy with either. But now that I've seen that sticker, I don't think it bears any relevance here.

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Saw the sticker here : https://www.instagram.com/p/CslqRsbLEp-/?hl=nl

Translated Ninjago Alphabet says (see spoiler): 

Hide contents

The

Tale of

Brickbeard

Dang, that's a cool sticker. I'll have to pick up that sticker sheet from Bricklink.

Are we sure about the translation? Looks more like Redbeard than Brickbeard to me.