PxChris

New Rumored Pirate Set in July 2023

There is an unsubstantiated rumor going around that the 18+ Icons D2C set 10320 is going to be a Pirates set!

July release, 2509 pieces, $215 USD

Edited by PxChris

An Imperial Ship with new uniforms will absolutely break my budget...

After Lion Knights Castle, Rivendell, a few of the 2022 HP sets... I'm spent... and running out of places to put things.

This is rumoured to be listed as "Vault D2C", so it may be a remake of a classic set. 

53 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

From @lego_insider_news on Instagram: 

10320 - [Vault D2C] - $214.99, 2509 Pieces, 18+ / July release / Based on the Pirates theme 

Thoughts? I am predicting either a new BSB or Eldorado Fortress (leaning towards the latter, since the target audience for this set likely already has the PoBB, and an Eldorado Fortress remake would provide a good rival base). 

I have 4 suggestions for what this could be:

1. UCS style Black Pearl: The set would be a 6 hulled piece Black Pearl with 2 different sail sets. These sail sets will resemble the ones seen in Curse of the Black Pearl with the other one being the ones we see in Dead Man's Chest or At Worlds End. It would include the iconic crew members from the 1st and 2nd film which can combine for thr 3rd movie variant. This set could be likely because of thr 100 years of Disney and the 20th anniversary of the first pirates film.

2. Eldorado Fortress/Imperial Trading Post remake: I combined these next to just due to the similarities between them. Either have a chance to be remade but are less likely due them no longer using raised baseplates. This would make the Lego company use most of the pieces included just to raise the fort. Still though, I believe either of these sets could be re-made.

3. A new Bluecoat ship (The Iron Ram?): In the comics, Governor Boradside used a massive flagship of the Imperial navy called The Iron Ram. We never saw this as a set and now would be a great time to release it. Not only did we never receive a massive bluecoat ship like the redcoats did in 2010 but it would counter the Black Seas Barracuda nicely from 2020. This would also follow Castle and how they did the classic Black Falcon and Lion Knight Cursader remakes in multiple years. 

I have a strong feeling that it's going to be an imperial based set and not a pirate one if it's based on the classic theme. Not only did we just get the best pirate set of all time, but releasing another pirate ship (let's say a remake of the Skulls Eye Schooner) this close after Barracuda Bay seems weird. I guess we will have to wait and see! Either way I know I'm buying this set regardless for what it is :pir-wub:

Oh boy, I have a feeling this one is going to go on the list of terrific sets I'll always have to admire from a distance ... Can't wait to see what it turns out to be!

4 hours ago, PxChris said:

There is an unsubstantiated rumor going around the the 18+ Icons D2C set 10320 is going to be a Pirates set! 

Great another rumour!  Better not take to Facebook or the blog post with a post yet given the last "rumour" as 2 weeks ago.

Do we have an indication of what type of pirate set it will be? I.e. ship, fort, island, etc.  Or will it be some obscure build which is definitely not a classic-style set.

And I assume you're referring to this post by lego_insider_news

image.png

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Do we have an indication of what type of pirate set it will be? I.e. ship, fort, island, etc.  Or will it be some obscure build which is definitely not a classic-style set.

The "Vault D2C" listing suggests that this is a remake/modernisation of a classic set, and the fact that we got PoBB and the Creator 3-in-1 pirate ship only a few years ago makes me think that this will be something for the Imperials. The part-count of 2509 for $215 is close enough to the PoBB's 2545 for $200 that I suspect that this will be a location rather than a ship (the largest Pirates ship (the Imperial Flagship) only had 1664, and even the Ninjago Movie Destiny's Bounty had 2295). My bet is a new Eldorado Fortress. 

BTW, does anyone else think that we could get a Sabre Island remake as a GWP? It is roughly the same size as the previous classic GWPs (Forestmen's Hideout, Blacktron Cruiser), and would make a nice complementary outpost. 

Edit: And I just saw this thread - It seems that I am not the only one who thinks that Sabre Island would make a great GWP! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The "Vault D2C" listing suggests that this is a remake/modernisation of a classic set

Let's hope you're right! :pir-huzzah2:

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

BTW, does anyone else think that we could get a Sabre Island remake as a GWP?

Aye, lots of people think that it would! :pir-grin:

Is this happening first the medieval village and now this?! *oh2*
A Eldorado fortress remake would be a dream set. However 2509 parts is not very big without the baseplate :sceptic: Hope it is not a ship..

Edited by Roebuck

Is this 'lego insider news' guy known for reliable information? 

I might have to hope that this set does retire too quick, if real, as my priorities at the moment are Rivendell, the batcave, Mando S3 sets, Ninjago city markets and the Zelda and medieval village sets from the survey leak. This year is getting very full, though if it's a redcoat boat I might just have to rethink some of my priorities as I missed out on barracuda bay and I wouldn't want to miss this.

Noooo wayyy!!!! I silently would love to get another Pirates-related set, but I have a feeling it will be a Soldiers set, prob an expanded Sabre Island-type of set?

Some kind of Eldorado Fortress or Sabre Island/Lagoon Lock-Up remake or any other imperial set would be really great but for now i'll keep my expectations low until the rumor is confirmed by a trustworthy source.  Personaly i would prefar a location set over a ship at this point. What makes me most happy about the rumor is that the rumored price point is 215$ and not 500$, so more people would be able to afford the set. But yeah, it's just a rumor. Fingers crossed :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Personaly i would prefar a location set over a ship at this point.

100% agree, I actually keep my fingers cross it's not a ship

The source isn't 100% reliable, but it does have some possible merit. I'm waiting for some of the more accurate/reliable leakers (like Promobricks) to leak something before I'll start believing it more fully.

However, even the rumor is very exciting! I'm hoping for a Eldorado Fortress remake personally which would seem to fit in with the "vault" concept.

If true, I'd kinda rather see an Imperial Trading Post remake--$215 is enough to make a nicely sized Fortress and docks with an updated mini ship. Or the mini ship could be the GWP.

8 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

If true, I'd kinda rather see an Imperial Trading Post remake--$215 is enough to make a nicely sized Fortress and docks with an updated mini ship. Or the mini ship could be the GWP.

Ohhhh that would be NEAT!

1 hour ago, TalonCard said:

Yeah... I could definitely go for that too!

Please, what is the meaning of "vault" in Vault D2C ? I looked in the dictionnary but didn't find something that stick or maybe I just miss something here. I'm French, sorry.

It refers to a secure, locked space to keep rare items, like you might find in a bank or archive. There's a picture here. In this case it probably means that they're digging into old LEGO designs to use or inspire the design for the new direct to consumer set.

(I tried finding a good French translation but I couldn't guarantee it wouldn't come out to something like "bank coffee" or "jumpy bank", lol.)

Edited by TalonCard

Thank you ! In french we call that space "chambre forte" (strongroom). I now understand the meaning of "vault". Vault bank is a big strong room.

On the other hand, I find it difficult to grasp the metaphor that would lead one to think that they would draw on old designs to create the new one. Can't it be more literal? For example the port building of an imperial bank?

At last! :pir-huzzah1:

So excited I really thought it was going to be another year with no Pirate love from TLG.

So I don't think it's going to be the Black Pearl like some have suggested if that even happens it will be closer to November to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first PoTC movie but I don't think TLG will ever make another PoTC set again well at least not until they make a new movie.

This will probably be a remake/remix of a classic set like the code name suggests, the most likely candidate is Eldorado Fortress since the Barracuda was already remade for the Barracuda Bay set but it could definitely be a ship given the piece count and price or even some type of island and ship combo, perhaps marrying Eldorado Fortress with a small ship like the Caribbean Clipper.

So many possibilities, bring on July!

Edited by _R_R_

Keeping my fingers crossed for this to be true, but we'll have to see.

I'm hoping for an Imperials set; a remake of Eldorado fortress would be great.

Well, it would be lovely to get such a set. :pir-grin:

If we do compare this (in some way) to Lion Knights' Castle then the piece count could make some sense for an Eldorado Fortress. :pir-thumb:

Deep down I be hoping it will be a pirate pub. :pir-devil:

Let’s hope it’s true! I keep missing out on the past Pirates sets, including B-Bay…. I am not really into Creator 3-in-1 sets so I would like to have a proper Pirate set!