Fraunces

Fraunces Brothers Story Part 4: Yellow Gambling Den

~Parrots whispering~

The red parrot Popsy: "I cannot believe my eyes, look who it is!”

The blue parrot [hyacinth macaw] called Inigo:  "Ahoi Popsy, fled the Carnovian captain did you? I knew you did not have the stomach for war. Too bad, it would have been great hearing about it from a more reliable source then the KPA, those minifig journalists always report from the imperial point of view!”

"War is not for parrots. I am a pacifist after my time with Redbeard!"

"Pff ..that explains your presence here in the most quiet settlement of the old islands. I have been helping my master Lothario Fraunces for years now and he has been feeding me fruit, beans, grains and all kinds of peppers along the way. He’s even getting better at poker. With my teachings he has even won the election rounds leading up to the Sea Rat of the Year Award.”

"Ah well, that award is not even a real thing yet, and even if it was, who would be the judge? Nordeau? Gore? The Rat with the most DBs to bribe would win.”

“Exactly , that’s why we poker!”

Parrots know poker!

Lothario and his crew have been pokering in the Yellow gambling den in Puerto Alijo, while the mast of the Octopus II was fixed. The Eslandolian merchant just gambled away all of his doubloons, and only has his ship left to put on the table… Lothario is not afraid  to put on the emerald of the lake of Hades to double the stakes … Will the Greenie go all in before they notice there is a mirror behind him? 

To be continued!

Overview of the Eslandolan gamblers den

Pokering pirates

Edited by Fraunces

Great scene and fun story! I like the construction of the thick beams that also holds the chandelier. The gambling tables look great (maybe the green of the floor distracts a bit from the green tables).

Wonderful story and interior. I especially like the perspective from the rafters of the first photo. :thumbup:

Puerto Alijo is coming alive!

A funny conversation between the 2 parrots. :pir_laugh2:  I like the high room with the ceiling beams. Great decor with the poker tables, chandelier and mirror.

On 2/26/2023 at 9:13 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

That is a loud and inspired interior! Loving the lanters and wrap around tilework! Good, solid tables too.

Thank you!

On 2/26/2023 at 10:11 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Great scene and fun story! I like the construction of the thick beams that also holds the chandelier. The gambling tables look great (maybe the green of the floor distracts a bit from the green tables).

Thanks, and you are right. I build the floor to look Eslandolan like but it didn't fit perfectly with the tables. But it is how it is. I had no motivation to change the whole floor again:grin:

23 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful story and interior. I especially like the perspective from the rafters of the first photo. :thumbup:

Puerto Alijo is coming alive!

Thanks!

23 hours ago, NOD said:

A funny conversation between the 2 parrots. :pir_laugh2:  I like the high room with the ceiling beams. Great decor with the poker tables, chandelier and mirror.

Always good to see you guys like it!

4 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine scene, and nice poker tables.

Great addition of the candles and the mirror! :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you captain! The mirror came in perfectly for this scene. Sometimes 1 brick can inspire a whole build...

9 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Is that a LEGO mirror?

Where is it from?

Its in the blue building on the assembly square. You need you get one of those, beautiful build 

11 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Its in the blue building on the assembly square. You need you get one of those, beautiful build 

Ok. Unfortunately we have a clear distinction here in the family. My wife buys and builds all those modular houses. And I do most of the MOC stuff. 

Which means, I cannot take her houses apart. But I might check whether TLG sells this part on their site.

Talking parrots are hilarious once again! Build is also super-nice (especially ceiling and walls - I am a bit torn of the white-green floor pattern though as it makes my eyes hurt :pir_tong2: )

On 3/1/2023 at 8:23 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Ok. Unfortunately we have a clear distinction here in the family. My wife buys and builds all those modular houses. And I do most of the MOC stuff. 

Which means, I cannot take her houses apart. But I might check whether TLG sells this part on their site.

Ok, I got some mirrors on bricklink. Let's see where I will use them.

Thanks for the inspiration!

On 3/1/2023 at 5:26 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Talking parrots are hilarious once again! Build is also super-nice (especially ceiling and walls - I am a bit torn of the white-green floor pattern though as it makes my eyes hurt :pir_tong2: )

You are right about the floor... but it needed to be an Eslandolian build :blush:

On 3/1/2023 at 9:05 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Nicely done! The wooden rafters, wielder lamps and ships wheel chandelier are great. 

Thanks my friend!

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Ok, I got some mirrors on bricklink. Let's see where I will use them.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Haha I see you and I work the same way, first buy legos, then think about it later :pir_tong2: good luck and glad to be of service.

Great build en fun story! Love the (simple but effective) poker cards; the mirror is great too!

Also love details like the candle wax (white modified tile with clip) on the chandelier! Goed gedaan!

Edited by Bricksbypidy

On 2/26/2023 at 6:23 PM, Fraunces said:

Sea Rat of the Year Award

Go on, we got to vote for Leader of Eslandola; give us a chance to vote for the Shiniest Sea Rat.

On 3/5/2023 at 1:15 PM, TribunM said:

Nice scence, awesome interiour and great punching line!

19 hours ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Great build en fun story! Love the (simple but effective) poker cards; the mirror is great too!

Also love details like the candle wax (white modified tile with clip) on the chandelier! Goed gedaan!

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Go on, we got to vote for Leader of Eslandola; give us a chance to vote for the Shiniest Sea Rat.

Thank you for your support, the most honorable Sea Rat faction  

12 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

tag-frontpaged-2019.png

Congratulations! :pir-huzzah2:

That's wonderful! Did not expect that at all my friend. Thanks a lot!

Now lets see if the human resource department of LEGO Groups stumbles upon this one...

Ps: I am willing to move to Denmark

6 hours ago, Viper Knight said:

Jolly good!

Thanks Viper! 

3 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

I could swear I had already said this was a lovely looking scene! Scrolling through it, seems I didn't.
Either way, looks amazing!

Bedankt Thomas, always make sure you comment on a fellow countryman :parrot:

On 3/22/2023 at 9:55 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow, what a beautiful depiction of an old gambling den! :pir-wub:

On 3/27/2023 at 3:44 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Great build! I love the design for the tables!

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.