Sign in to follow this  
MrLind

GoH 10A : The craft district of Cedrica

This is my entire to "Life in Cedrica" contest.

At the perimeter of Cedrica there are remains of the old city wall. Around these pieces of stone walls, the houses have been built so that they enclose the parts of the wall that still stands up. In the block, several craftsmen has moved in from the four guilds. All have come to Cedrica to seek fortune in the city with the crafts and skills they have.

A business man from Kaliphlin has his fish shop on the ground floor of his house. He buys much of the fish from local fishermen. But since he is financially minded, he also pulls up fish directly from the channel as well and sells to his customers.

From Varlyrio comes a baker who sells fresh bread every morning to the neighbors. When there is time, he devotes himself to his passion in life, reading books.

A potter from Avalinia has moved into a small house on a back street. Here he sells the produce of his craft.

A cabinet maker and his family live in a house next to the old city wall. On the ground floor is the carpentry shop where many of the block's furniture have been made.

52710492693_f1f9c3752c.jpg

52710010591_afd21ffb7c.jpg

52710010731_c2dea3e54d.jpg

52710273094_73c03c227b.jpg

The fish shop

52710011216_8e4d4293c3.jpg

The bakery

52710426290_abace7fcaf.jpg

The potter house

52709491367_8e75d64e4f.jpg

The cabinet maker house and his family

52710273179_675bd541ee.jpg

And some more pictures

52710493263_f42d0f77f2.jpg

52710010821_0c69e12a0f.jpg

52710492733_bccba4f681.jpg

More fotos will be available at Flickr The craft district of Cedrica

Edited by MrLind
Add a link to Flickr.

Great trio of buildings, I especially like the vines and tree, really makes the place look alive and pretty.

Nice one. I like details such as the small bridge, vines etc. The interiors are also nice and fun to hold up and look at. God job!

Edited by T-86(swe)

Wow, what a great build!  I love the detail packed onto one base plate!  The exterior cornerstones look great, and the overall feel reminds me of the netherlands, with the tall, narrow houses on the canals.  Great job working in the angled canal!  The purple vine and green tree look very organic, and I'm glad to see a seagull in there (they are everywhere)!  I like the chances you took with the various roof designs, it lends to variety.  The minis are posed well, and the child dancing on the bed is hilarious!  My favorite part is the slightly rounded stone wall.  Fantastic!

that are some nice houses and the interiors look so cool. you really made something out of such a small space. I think the houses on the outside could have used some more colours, for example: a combination of red and dark red roofs would have worked well with the colours of the buildings. but overall nice work! i like how you really fit 3! buildings in such a small space

On 2/25/2023 at 6:29 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great trio of buildings, I especially like the vines and tree, really makes the place look alive and pretty.

Thanks Kai NRG. At the inner side of the stone wall the tree trunk is standing. But it was to hard to get a good photo unfortunately.

On 2/25/2023 at 6:57 PM, T-86(swe) said:

Nice one. I like details such as the small bridge, vines etc. The interiors are also nice and fun to hold up and look at. God job!

Thank you T-86. This contest was fun to build. The limitation in space made it a great challenge.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:24 PM, Grover said:

Wow, what a great build!  I love the detail packed onto one base plate!  The exterior cornerstones look great, and the overall feel reminds me of the netherlands, with the tall, narrow houses on the canals.  Great job working in the angled canal!  The purple vine and green tree look very organic, and I'm glad to see a seagull in there (they are everywhere)!  I like the chances you took with the various roof designs, it lends to variety.  The minis are posed well, and the child dancing on the bed is hilarious!  My favorite part is the slightly rounded stone wall.  Fantastic!

Thank you Grover for the positive feedback. The angled canal was fun and challenging. Not so much the canal, but the houses with angled walls and roofs. I’m glad you mentioned the rounded wall. I wanted to add a layer to the city block. The evolving of a city with old buildings (or walls) together with new houses. And the environment that has been growing over the old city wall.

6 hours ago, Simon_S said:

that are some nice houses and the interiors look so cool. you really made something out of such a small space. I think the houses on the outside could have used some more colours, for example: a combination of red and dark red roofs would have worked well with the colours of the buildings. but overall nice work! i like how you really fit 3! buildings in such a small space

Thanks Simon_S. I agree with you about the colors. To add a new color on the roof will give a more interesting view for the eye. Black gives a compact look.

The roof on the cabinet maker’s house was fun to build. A craftsman with a roof that has sunk down in the middle is perhaps a sign of poor craftsman.

Awesome job! I like how you made them openable in the back and put in interiors!

Oh, and that curved stone wall is an excellent addition.

Edited by jtooker

1 hour ago, jtooker said:

Awesome job! I like how you made them openable in the back and put in interiors!

Oh, and that curved stone wall is an excellent addition.

Thank you jtooker. To make the curved stone wall was a great way for me to learn new techniques and skills. Glad you love it.

Awesome, I like how you've managed to put seperate buildings on a 32x32 footprint. While still have details like the angled channel in the middle. And those interiors are a joy to like at, love seeing so many crafts from all corners of Historica!