Sign in to follow this  
T-86(swe)

The fishmonger's cottage [Chapter 1]

Erdils story began in a fishmonger’s tiny cottage near the small river of Aerima.  The river Aerima is one of many tributary streams of the grand Avalonian river, moving past Dandelume all the way to the hidden city Zamorah on the mitgardian boarder.

Erdil's mother died in childbirth and he had no siblings. Growing up with an aging father, Erdils childhood was therefore filled with much work and less play in the solitude cottage. His father, Obardil could still get some fish out of the water but he was too weak to travel. Hence Erdil was forced to bring his fathers wheelbarrow with fish to the market at Nhymride to trade for other goods or coins.

52705848422_a28acf25de_w.jpg

52706625119_9835d03b71_w.jpg

The aged father of Erdil was Obardil, a proud man that lived his life by his two inherited mottos: perseverance and discipline.
His lifelong craft as a poor fishmonger had taken its toll and expedited his declining years.

For more builds and story: Dandelume-thread

10 hours ago, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Great build! I love how detailed everything is!

Thanks a lot, Im pleased with the outcome of the build but the last part of the river shows I need more practice in using trans clears-pieces! :-)

Edited by T-86(swe)

Very nice!  I like the story that ties the build in with the main story, and it works well with the build.  The irregular base is great, and I particularly like the dual brown tones, something uncommon but adding to the realism. The waterfall looks great, and your tile placement makes the river look like it's flowing.  Love the dilapidated foot bridge!  The hanging fish is a nice touch and is well done with so few pieces.  The stonework on the cottage is perfect: it looks like a rural dwelling that used the stones found around the dwelling rather than precision hand cut stones like you'd find in an urban area or castle.  I also like that you used a lot of basic plates and didn't use a ton of specialty pieces.  I think it is a great example of what you can do with more general parts as well as adding a more rural touch.  Great job, and it's fantastic to have some new members here on GoH!

14 minutes ago, Grover said:

Very nice!  I like the story that ties the build in with the main story, and it works well with the build.  The irregular base is great, and I particularly like the dual brown tones, something uncommon but adding to the realism. The waterfall looks great, and your tile placement makes the river look like it's flowing.  Love the dilapidated foot bridge!  The hanging fish is a nice touch and is well done with so few pieces.  The stonework on the cottage is perfect: it looks like a rural dwelling that used the stones found around the dwelling rather than precision hand cut stones like you'd find in an urban area or castle.  I also like that you used a lot of basic plates and didn't use a ton of specialty pieces.  I think it is a great example of what you can do with more general parts as well as adding a more rural touch.  Great job, and it's fantastic to have some new members here on GoH!

Oh, thank you for such a rich and detailed feedback Grover. I really really appreciate it and grateful that you took your time to comment on the build.

It has been a blast joining GoH and to be able to combine different interests in one activity. I have to give extra credit to Zilmrud for encouraging me to join. 

You're welcome! I joined to try and get feedback on my builds, so I try and leave it for others, not just what I like and have suggestions on, but why I like or dislike something, since I like that kind of comment to help me improve.  I look forward to more of your builds!

That's a nice little build! I love how you mixed normal green with sand green. I didn't think it would work well but it totally does! the photography looks also pretty good and the edited background makes those classical colours like trans blue and normal green really pop out. great job!