NilsvN

SystemTrains - Union Pacific 4014 Big Boy

Hello all, I'm very excited to finally be able to share with you the project I've been working on the past half year. It's a 1:50 scale model of the big boy, with working lights and sound! (yes, another big boy model:laugh:)

Instructions are available, which also includes the PFx Brick configuration file; plug and play! You can build it unmotorized, with 2 or 4 PF L motors, with LEGO PF or PFx Brick, using batteries or 9v. I really tried to include everything and make it as easy and fun as possible:classic:

You are also able to use a BMR knuckle coupler without needing extra parts, those steps are also included!

For more info on the instructions, see here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-139121/SystemTrains/union-pacific-4014-big-boy

And if you just want to see (and hear!) it in action, here you go! 

640x360.png640x360.png640x360.png
640x360.png640x360.png640x360.png

640x905.png

999x562 thumbnail.jpg

Edited by NilsvN

Oh man! You really pulled all of the stops for this one. This looks amazing! Hats off to you for trying your best at making it compatible with as many forms of motorization as possible. That and the Boxpok Drivers are a nice touch.

43 minutes ago, X_Builds said:

Oh man! You really pulled all of the stops for this one. This looks amazing! Hats off to you for trying your best at making it compatible with as many forms of motorization as possible. That and the Boxpok Drivers are a nice touch.

Thank you so much! That describes it pretty well, no compromises on looks while having all the functionality you could ever want. The Boxpok wheels I'm super excited about, supposedly they are almost ready for production over at HA Bricks. From what they shared on facebook it's going to be awesome once they do!

Edited by NilsvN

16 minutes ago, canuckster said:

How this failed Lego ideas I'll never understand.

This is actually not that ideas project, my locomotive was built from the ground up :)

I could post it on ideas, but am selling the instructions instead because I want anyone to be able to build one for themself. If I were to post it on ideas, I would not be able to share instructions since it is then owned by lego. Would be cool for it to become a set though, but the odds would be slim with the amount of submissions in each review period.

Lego will never go for such an immense loco as a kit, not even if it's only a display model like the HP monstrosity.  Something this big would have to sell for over $1000US.  And they know they'd only sell five. :roflmao:

Nice teakettle, by the way.  :grin_wub: