Sign in to follow this  
Brickshipyard

[CSE] Space Police - Multi Purpose Striker

Here is my entry into the Eurobricks classic space era contest. Think of it as an evolution of the original SP Striker with a range of upgrades. You can tell the size is much bigger and that is because this ship can do some heavy lifiting - dropship duty. The lighting system works. The wings fold out for flight/pursuit and the cargo area is adjustable to accomodate not just the custom rover I built, but large SP vehicles like the Spy-Trak I. The cockpit seats an SP Commander and Weapons system / Comm Officer. The primary armament is double barrel laser cannons that can clear a path to a hot LZ (landing zone). Additionally, the radar and communication package is top of the line, capable of intercepting and jamming Blacktron interstellar transmissions. This ship features 2 main rock thrusters on each wing with intake for atmospheric flying plus boosters. Plenty of thrust! The Space Police Command wanted the MP-Striker to serve many roles from recon missions to cargo carrying, without sacrificing speed should a Blacktron pursuit occur and having the firepower for offensive, defensive capabilities. Blacktron galactic crime rates have seen a noticeable plunge wherever the new Striker patrols!

The ship is 39 studs at the longest length and complys with the contest rules. Thank you for viewing and good luck to everyone who entered! More photos found here: https://flic.kr/ps/3mi3BG

Lego Space Police Multi Purpose Striker MainLego Space Police Multi Purpose StrikerLego Space Police Multi Purpose StrikerLego Space Police Multi Purpose StrikerLego Space Police Multi Purpose Striker

Edited by Brickshipyard

Great work making a very roomy cargo bay without making the entire ship too bulky.

Your rover makes excellent use of modern elements while retaining the Space Police style. I especially like the printed panels for doors :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Thanks soccerkid6. I meant to respond earlier, but things have been epically busy for almost two weeks. Yeah the cargo room is spacious! The rover was fun, but wasn't what I actually wanted to produce. I'll take another stab at it in some future point.

Incredible MOC! The exposed studs and most of the parts usage feels very authentically classic, but the angled wings and cargo bay walls give the shape of it a very modern flair.

Thanks Lyichir for taking the time to comment on my ship :). I pretty much pulled the pieces directly from an SP-Striker and a Mission Commander (wings) so that helps a lot with the authentic look. Exposed studs don't detract on classic themes so that works here also. I think the angled wings remind me of the X-man Blackbird ship, which have such a sharp geometry that carries over to Space Police well. Removing the cargo bay would improve the aerodynamic look of the ship, but I dk, I love transporting a full scale Spy Trak-I! ;)

Edited by Brickshipyard