Pchan1983

REVIEW: 40582 4x4 Off-Road Ambulance Rescue

Here is my review on current GWP 40582 4x4 Off-Road Ambulance Rescue:

THE GOOD:

• A different looking ambulance compared to other you typically get in city theme.
  • Good size for a GWP as typically CITY GWP you get much smaller set.
  • 3 minifigures.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• The door at the back of the ambulance has visible space & gap.

I was skeptical at first but I ended up quite like this GWP.  First, a more reasonable threshold to get this and lucky for those got this during 2x VIP.  Back to this set, it's refreshing because usually City GWP are a bit more smaller.  You do get a different looking ambulance compared to the ones you usually get from City.  There is also space incorporated for the 2nd rescuer to attend the injured while transiting to a hospital.  The neon yellow parts are just bonus.  Having 3 minifigures also is great.  I did enjoy the build in the end.  The only thing bothers me is the door and the back have notable gaps, this is not going to feel good for the injured during the trip to hospital.  Otherwise, a cool GWP recommend to everyone, as of the time writing this review, you still have 2 more days to get this set while it's still in stock!

3 minifigures is a surprise for me. Normally it comes with only 2 minifigures for such a small set.

I agree with you 100% on everything. Personally, I won't be really into this set as I'm a town builder and I prefer to not have monster vehicles in my town (Sorry if I'm being picky :laugh: so I only do vehicles with normal wheels. But for playability, this set is a great set and its a shame this wasn't a mainstream set as part of a Paramedics or Medical subtheme as I can say for a fact that kids would love to have this in their collection. As far as the back door is concerned, it looks like you've got your work cut out for you. But congrats on getting the set. Enjoy it! 

On 3/8/2023 at 7:12 PM, ks6349 said:

3 minifigures is a surprise for me. Normally it comes with only 2 minifigures for such a small set.

or sometimes just 1.

On 3/9/2023 at 6:25 AM, The Brick Boss said:

its a shame this wasn't a mainstream set as part of a Paramedics or Medical subtheme

exactly

21 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

exactly

I think Lego is trying to do something similar to that thing that cereal companies do when you get a prize by sending in X amount of box tops during a promotion. It's really just a ploy to sell more sets so they make certain sets that they KNOW will be desired by not only adults, but kids as well, challenging to obtain. But thanks to eBay, this set wouldn't be that hard to get. 

Edited by The Brick Boss

On 3/9/2023 at 1:25 AM, The Brick Boss said:

I agree with you 100% on everything. Personally, I won't be really into this set as I'm a town builder and I prefer to not have monster vehicles in my town (Sorry if I'm being picky :laugh: so I only do vehicles with normal wheels. But for playability, this set is a great set and its a shame this wasn't a mainstream set as part of a Paramedics or Medical subtheme as I can say for a fact that kids would love to have this in their collection. As far as the back door is concerned, it looks like you've got your work cut out for you. But congrats on getting the set. Enjoy it! 

I have got a few of it for $10 each only. It gives me three City minifigures.