Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] LEGO Group to Release New Sail Piece (2023)

In celebration of the Walt Disney Company's 100th anniversary, The LEGO Group will be releasing a set named 43212 Disney Celebration Train.

The train offers an assortment of carriages, each sporting a Disney themed design with one featuring Peter Pan.

This particular carriage resembles a ship with a red and white stripped sailor with a Jolly Roger emblem.

image.png

image.png

Bit of a roller coaster with the Peter Pan sets; the book has mini mini dolls and is based on the new live action Peter Pan, not the animated version. The mini pirate ship is very meh. However, the Disney birthday train, while it has no pirate minifigures, does look like it has a cool skull and crossbones sail design, so that's something to look forward to.

4 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

Bit of a roller coaster with the Peter Pan sets; the book has mini mini dolls and is based on the new live action Peter Pan, not the animated version. The mini pirate ship is very meh. However, the Disney birthday train, while it has no pirate minifigures, does look like it has a cool skull and crossbones sail design, so that's something to look forward to.

We'll see when the better pictures come out, but I think I'll be getting the train mostly for the Tinker Bell figure.

I do however really wish that we were getting something much, much better for Peter Pan (classic cartoon version) than this!

Shame that it has a hook on it--how many LEGO pirate captains could that possibly be used for?!

Oh wait... :pir-grin::pir_laugh2:

This is the thread i was looking for :pir_laugh2: That wagon shows again that they have not completely forgotten about Lego pirates. That hook is a funny detail :pir_laugh2:

The little ship on the train is cute. And I really like the graphic on the sail! Just makes me want a full fledged Jolly Roger more though!

For the 4+ line, I'm going to guess it's plastic.

11 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

So turns out the new 4+ 100 years of Disney train comes with a wagon that looks like a little pirate boat. It even has a small sail. Can't tell if it plastic or fabric.

image.png

16 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

So turns out the new 4+ 100 years of Disney train comes with a wagon that looks like a little pirate boat. It even has a small sail. Can't tell if it plastic or fabric.

Aaand red and white stripes again! Is LEGO obsessed with those sail colours? :pir-laugh:

It may be a good thing though, might fit nicely as the smallest topmost sail on a ship, combined with some of the older sails.

5 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

Aaand red and white stripes again! Is LEGO obsessed with those sail colours? :pir-laugh:

To be fair, while Hook's ship in the original movie had white sails, the Disneyland attractions have used red and white striped sails for Hook's ship pretty consistently even before LEGO Pirates existed. 

As a side note, I think this is the first time this skull and hook crossbones has been used for Captain Hook? The idea also showed up in Jake and the Neverland Pirates and the non-Disney-but-now-owned-by-Disney Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates, but with very different looks.

Of course, it's official LEGO canon that Captain Hook got the idea for his hook from Captain Redbeard. :pir-grin:

On 2/15/2023 at 11:13 AM, Jack Sassy said:

A full wave of Pirates sets, the classic type. If not for that, at least an Icons set featuring some minifigure sized model. Who knows, we might get that in the future. :pir-huzzah2:

That would be the dream matey! :pir-love:

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

image.png

What a letdown the only thing worth using here is the tiny sail for a raft MOC, I was really hoping they would give us Hook's pirate ship for Disney's 100th anniversary.

1 hour ago, _R_R_ said:

I was really hoping they would give us Hook's pirate ship for Disney's 100th anniversary.

Oh come, this is The LEGO Group we're talking about.  They don't want to release proper pirate set!

Let's examine their thought process:

Here, have a parts pack... what about a rocking horse that looks like pirate ship... maybe a Little Golden Book...  an oversized Captain Redbeard figure tickle yer fancy?

But under NO circumstances can we release a pirate set which AFOLs will get excited over....

No siree!  That's not company policy anymore!

:pir-grin:

my post was moved here but makes no sense now, so I'm deleting it

Edited by zinnn

On 2/18/2023 at 2:14 AM, zinnn said:

my post was moved here but makes no sense now, so I'm deleting it

Could have easily moved it back...

I saw an early review for the set that indicated that the sail was indeed cloth, not vinyl as I had assumed it would be.

47 minutes ago, PxChris said:

I saw an early review for the set that indicated that the sail was indeed cloth, not vinyl as I had assumed it would be.

Do yer happen to have a link to this review?

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Do yer happen to have a link to this review?

@PxChris well, great then :pir-thumb: My only problem with this sail now is why TLG decided to put their fat insignia exactly down under the skull & crossbones, lol, why do they always have to put their trademarks right in our faces :pir-hmpf_bad: