granz

[MOD] Black Galaxy Explorer 10497

Hello everybody,

I loved building the Galaxy Explorer and had the idea to build it in a more "darker" way :wink:

So I checked my parts and ordered some more via bricklink.

I had to make some compromises, as not all the parts are available in black, but I think it came out quite good.

I also changed the interior from white to dark blueish grey and created some custom stickers for the control tiles.

So let me know, what you think about the result - I am very happy with it. 

GEx02_small.jpg

Edited by granz
spelling errors

The modded  result is beautiful, but what does CS need a stealth Galaxy Explorer for? Unless they are spec ops group or maybe Blacktron infiltrators :). Speaking of Blacktron, your ship only needs a couple of yellow piece exchanges, some Blacktron logos, and trans red parts to achieve the transformation.

Well . . . some people only build in black. Or sometimes very dark grey.

So did you build the 'insides' in all black, too, or did you throw in some color to make it easier to see when you were connecting things? (Not the cockpit or the cabin, I'm thinking of the wing structures, etc.)

@granz Very cool! Thanks for sharing. 

I hadn’t even thought about whether 10497 could be remade in other colours. A version that replaced 10497’s bley parts for white to emulate the early- to mid-1980s CS colour scheme might work quite well.

Looks very Blacktron to me! Maybe they stole the blueprints and made there own?

Great MOD either way!

Going to echo the others here, but your "black" edition Galaxy Explorer really has a Blacktron feel, minus the yellow parts. Definitely a sinister look.