Sign in to follow this  
Fraunces

Fraunces Brothers Story Part 3: Stuck in Puerto Alijo

After a long time of many side stories, it is time to focus again on the day to day lifes of the Sea Rats. In particular that of the three Fraunces brothers, some may know them, but for many a Lurker it could be a bit of inspiration. After all: wo doesn’t want to introduce himself as a “mighty pirate”? :monkey:

It was a day like any other. Alfie argued with the quartermaster, but Jacobo searched for Lothario. He smelled stormy weather in the air… it was true, and Captain Lothario Fraunces knew it too..

View upon the Isle

Disaster soon came, as could be expected in these waters. The rain began to fall just mildy in the morning, but soon winds filled the air and at some  point the whole ship was in danger . The crew fought  against the  blows of water running into the hull but were unable to keep sight on the other ships, and soon lost course. The Fraunces trade convoy, sailing from port to port, and from governor’s daughters to hidden treasures , under the protection of the mighty Octopus II was not ready for a storm the size she met.

As friend and foe read in the latest KPA, the ship was in chaos and diverted in the storm to Puerto Alijo, a sleepy little town on Terrach Bonn. The ship anchored the next morning with great  difficulty on the shore of the nearby an Eslandolian gambling den called appropriatly “ gamblers point”. Not the worst place for a Sea Rat crew to get stuck, wouldn’t you say? The mood was good among the men, and the other ships of the convoy where messaged right after the storm on where they had to regroup. Luckily, no one of the ships saw Davy Jones’ locker this time.. 

On the flip side: Lothario and his crew could finally enjoy some time playing poker with imperials, his favorite hobby. 
Let’s hope the carpenters can fix the main mast before the Sea Rats run out of their hospitality in this Green settlement.

The Puerto  Alijo  mishap

TO BE CONTINUED

Edited by Fraunces
Some white spots...

Great micro build, and glad to see an MRCA-result build! :thumbup:

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Puerto Alijo, a sleepy little town on Terrach Bonn

So sleepy, in fact, that I encourage you to license it as a small property there, since there are identifiable structures in your build. Perhaps commerce since you've got the docks and a lighthouse. And if you don't want to license it, would you let Eslandola license it?

Yes, Puerto Alijo is desperate for visitors! :pir-grin:

Good and fitting story for the last Kings Port Advertiser. :pir-huzzah2:It is interesting to read about the adventures of the three Fraunces brothers.

The first photo of the ship after the storm is a good idea of how you photographed it in the dark.  The Octopus II is clearly recognizable on the MicroBuild, also Puerto Alijo is also very well built.

@Capt Wolf Good offer.  @Fraunces you should think about it

22 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Nice micro build and a really great story!

Many thanks! It's my first try. So happy to see it worked out.

21 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Lovely build, and that silhouette is so moody! I love it

Ah yes the silhouette-pic I made just before I took the original moc apart years ago.. Somehow knew it would fit sometime. Thanks for the comment.

1 hour ago, NOD said:

Good and fitting story for the last Kings Port Advertiser. :pir-huzzah2:It is interesting to read about the adventures of the three Fraunces brothers.

The first photo of the ship after the storm is a good idea of how you photographed it in the dark.  The Octopus II is clearly recognizable on the MicroBuild, also Puerto Alijo is also very well built.

@Capt Wolf Good offer.  @Fraunces you should think about it

Many many thanks I plan on doing more. Comments like this help in the building process. And yes I'll take the offer!

21 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Great micro build, and glad to see an MRCA-result build! :thumbup:

So sleepy, in fact, that I encourage you to license it as a small property there, since there are identifiable structures in your build. Perhaps commerce since you've got the docks and a lighthouse. And if you don't want to license it, would you let Eslandola license it?

Yes, Puerto Alijo is desperate for visitors! :pir-grin:

I plan on building more for Puerto Alijo!  The Rats will wake the town up! (Between acceptable limits :laugh:).

I'll post the links in the settlement thread and Eslandola can license it, for sure. My heart has always been split between the our factions (due to the Dutch factor)... Sometimes I wonder if I would have been a good Eslandolan. But alas! Fate , freedom and low ship licencing- costs made me do it!

20 hours ago, Fraunces said:

I'll post the links in the settlement thread and Eslandola can license it, for sure.

Wonderful! Thank you! :pir-huzzah2:

The Rats will wake the town up! (Between acceptable limits :laugh:).

Looking forward to it. It needs waking up. :pir-oh:

My heart has always been split between the our factions (due to the Dutch factor)... Sometimes I wonder if I would have been a good Eslandolan. But alas! Fate , freedom and low ship licencing- costs made me do it!

There is a thin line between trading and pirating. :pir-grin:

12 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine miniature! I like the use of the epaulettes-piece together with the other yellow pieces.

Thanks! I had some small minifig pieces lying around and for my first minibuild i took some liberties :wink: