soccerkid6

[CSE] Futuron Astro Warden

The CSE contest grabbed my attention, especially after seeing so many creative entries, so I had to try making something for it myself!

This Futuron patrol craft measures 36 studs wide, carries a small rover, and seats two crew members.

I based the ship around the inverted trans-blue canopies which were not the easiest things to work with at first, but I’m happy I was finally able to use them.

overview.png

side.jpg

back-loaded.jpg

back-unloaded.jpg

rover.jpg

cabin.jpg

Thanks for looking :classic:

Looks great. Nice angles and smooth original shapes. I really like the little details, big rims and tires on the little rover! 

Love the way the rover’s attached, I’m surprised by how ‘right’ it looks. Usually I’d expect a ‘just slap it on there’ technique to look way out of place but it works well here! Cool to see a ship where the longest dimension isn’t the length too.

I really adore the shaping on the wings. You've gotten a great look out of a fairly small number of parts there.

Also, those canopies look great in there - I wouldn't have thought to use the inverted version, but that's worked excellently.

Really unique wing shape!  Great blend of a modern style with some of the old parts.

This is great.

Curvy Futuron shaping - check.

Giant white barrier right down the middle of the canopy just like the auxiliary patroller - check. 

Weapon-shaped scientific apparatus on the wings reminiscent of the Stardefender 200 - check.

I love the rover with the Speed Champions wheels, too. I'd never get anything done if I had one of those on my desk, and I'd probably get some weird looks during Zoom meetings.