Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] LEGO House Set Exclusive: 40504 A Minifigure Tribute

3 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

If that truly is the final product, it does not look bad. Still, didn't particularly expect this.

Where were yer expecting, Jack? :pir-classic:

6 minutes ago, PxChris said:

My only complaint about Blocks is that it's prohibitively expensive to get a physical subscription here in the US, but it's a really well produced magazine with a lot of great content.

The cover of this issue stands out for some reason...

image.png

In the UK I believe. The last issue had a fun section on the old LEGO catalog scenes, with two pirate scenes featured.

On 2/13/2023 at 9:50 PM, Mister Phes said:

Where were yer expecting, Jack? :pir-classic:

A full wave of Pirates sets, the classic type. If not for that, at least an Icons set featuring some minifigure sized model. Who knows, we might get that in the future. :pir-huzzah2:

So turns out the new 4+ 100 years of Disney train comes with a wagon that looks like a little pirate boat. It even has a small sail. Can't tell if it plastic or fabric.

That pirate figure build looks very cool, it's a shame it may not get a wide release.  I'd love to see other iconic LEGO characters get made in that same style (classic spaceman, classic castle king, classic town policeman/doctor, skeleton, Johnny Thunder, Pepper Roni, etc).

It looks like LEGO has started to tease the official March 1st release on Instagram. There will be a live release event on March 1st with the set designers and original Pirate set designer Niels Milan Pedersen. The set is expected to cost 599 DKK (about $85 USD). There will be a live virtual event featuring the product and design process on Instagram on March 2nd. The Instagram post does say "We have planned a number of events around the exclusive LEGO House product, both for those who can come to LEGO House and those who can’t", so maybe there will be some kind of wider release?

10 hours ago, TalonCard said:

We have planned a number of events around the exclusive LEGO House product, both for those who can come to LEGO House and those who can’t", so maybe there will be some kind of wider release?

Some LEGO House related sets eventually showed up on LEGO's online shop in some regions, but could take more then a year.

Hopefully a wider release is planned for this, as 40366: LEGO House Dinosaurs is currently still sold but UK only.

And a big Redbeard is a lot different from a LEGO House specific build imo.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 2/25/2023 at 3:58 AM, TalonCard said:

It looks like LEGO has started to tease the official March 1st release on Instagram. There will be a live release event on March 1st with the set designers and original Pirate set designer Niels Milan Pedersen. The set is expected to cost 599 DKK (about $85 USD). There will be a live virtual event featuring the product and design process on Instagram on March 2nd. The Instagram post does say "We have planned a number of events around the exclusive LEGO House product, both for those who can come to LEGO House and those who can’t", so maybe there will be some kind of wider release?

It's the only two events planned.. And as the employees at LH tells it will only be in Lego House they are sold.

The Dino is sold in UK due to overproduction of the set. 

1 hour ago, PxChris said:

(sorry @Mister Phes I somehow didn't see your post above with all of the official images from the reveal)

I guess yer also didn't see the blog post on Classic-Pirates.com:
https://www.classic-pirates.com/news/newupcoming/lego-house-40504-a-minifigure-tribute

T'would have been fabulous if your Instagram story had linked to that instead of directly to the LEGO House website :pir_tong2:

I like how they decided to use original skull on the hat :pir-thumb:

There was a discussion somewhere about skulls in pirate theme... can't remember where, anyways I prefer the old 'rounded' skull instead of the modern bulky shape.

skull.JPG.c7e9e210a50b22d900e83b56b89136f0.JPG

2 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

I like how they decided to use original skull on the hat :pir-thumb:

Me too! This entire figure would have been much less desirable to me with the modern design on the bicorne or in the face print. As it is, I wish the map sticker was a bit more faithful to the original 1989 print.

An interesting detail: the review copies of this set seem to include a printed minifigure version of Bo'sun Will from the Minifigure Factory design station; I don't know if this is exclusive to the LEGO House as well or just printed as a bonus. (The printing is nothing to write home about, but it's always nice to see the character come back.)

6 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

An interesting detail: the review copies of this set seem to include a printed minifigure version of Bo'sun Will from the Minifigure Factory design station; I don't know if this is exclusive to the LEGO House as well or just printed as a bonus. (The printing is nothing to write home about, but it's always nice to see the character come back.)

Yeah, I saw a photo of that fig on Instagram as well (which I can't seem to find again) - the front print seems to be very close to the red & white striped version we've had for a while, albeit with white arms instead of bare yellow arms, which honestly just looks a little weird to me (maybe just because I'm so used to seeing pirate torsos as tank tops with yellow arms). So it's really just the text on the back that is the more exclusive part it seems.

44 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

That's his winter outfit, lol.

This was the set that got me hooked on LEGO Pirates:

image.png

But the Ladybird Books seemed to have a different idea so there's always been two:

image.png

And now you're telling me there's a third? :pir_wacko:

A fourth if you count the figure in the 3-in-1 set, and maybe even a fifth in the Brick Bounty set. But this is all just speculation based on appearances. ;) 

I like to think the 6235 version is an older Will who grew a mustache but later shaved again. (He's also aboard the Black Seas Barracuda and the Skull's Eye Schooner, I believe!)

To me... the only Bo'sun Will will always be the "young" version with the plain face since that's the one included in 6255 and as depicted in the comic and books.

5 hours ago, TalonCard said:

A fourth if you count the figure in the 3-in-1 set, and maybe even a fifth in the Brick Bounty set. But this is all just speculation based on appearances. ;) 

At the expense of derailing this topic into the Bo'Sun Will topic...

Did the Minifigure Factory design station name the below figure Bo'Sun Will, or is that just what you named the minifig?

image.png

The instructions for the set are available now and are well worth a look at if even just for the introductory reading!