Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

[OFFICIAL] LEGO House Set Exclusive: 40504 A Minifigure Tribute

All the official information has been compiled here.

We can now also confirm the set has 1,041 pieces and will retail for 599 DKK ($85 USD / AU$126) exclusively at the LEGO House store from March 1 onward.

Here be the official images:

40504-1.jpg

LEGO-House-A-Minifigure-Tribute-40504.jpg

LEGO-House-A-Minifigure-Tribute-40504-2.jpg

According to online rumours,  The LEGO Group may be releasing a pirate-themed LEGO House exclusive.

A kind person on Instagram alerted us to this news via a story... (think his name might have been @PxChris)

According to exabrickslegogo via Instagram, a buildable Classic Captain Pirate, in the same style as 76393 Harry Potter Hermione Granger, could be a future LEGO House Exclusive.

Here's the image floating around social media - it's not watermarked "confidential" so is it real or fake?

image.png

image.png

In this style:

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

The LEGO Group may be releasing a pirate-themed LEGO House exclusive.

First of all, that is a very evil thing for LEGO to do. Also, while it would be good to have Pirates set, buildable figure would have been the last set idea on me mind, what about fortresses, ships, hideouts? :pir-cry_sad:

Just now, Jack Sassy said:

First of all, that is a very evil thing for LEGO to do.

And why is it an evil thing to do, Jack?

I'm not familiar with LEGO House - what the hell is it? :pir-oh:

The LEGO House is sort of like a children's museum with interactive experiences near LEGOLAND in Billund. There's also a museum exhibit of LEGO sets in the basement, with an interactive table that lets you examine virtually any LEGO boxed set from any angle. It's pretty amazing; I went there in 2019 with my brother and included pictures of the Pirates related displays in this thread.

I know this isn't the set many of us were hoping for, and it's sure to be expensive on the aftermarket, but it's a great surprise, a fantastic design, and a really cool tribute to one of the best minifigures ever.

4 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

The LEGO House is sort of like a children's museum with interactive experiences near LEGOLAND in Billund. There's also a museum exhibit of LEGO sets in the basement, with an interactive table that lets you examine virtually any LEGO boxed set from any angle.

Precisely.

17 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

And why is it an evil thing to do, Jack?

Since it is LEGO House, set will be exclusive to that LEGOLAND (I believe). So, anyone who wishes to obtain this set in their country, will not be able to do so (unless they live in Denmark, of course).

I'm really unhappy that this is going to be a LEGO House exclusive!! :pir-bawling:

1 hour ago, TalonCard said:

The LEGO House is sort of like a children's museum with interactive experiences near LEGOLAND in Billund. There's also a museum exhibit of LEGO sets in the basement, with an interactive table that lets you examine virtually any LEGO boxed set from any angle. It's pretty amazing; I went there in 2019 with my brother and included pictures of the Pirates related displays in this thread.

Thank you for that explanation! :pir-thumb:

1 hour ago, Jack Sassy said:

So, anyone who wishes to obtain this set in their country, will not be able to do so (unless they live in Denmark, of course).

Or they're an eBay freak like me!

1 hour ago, TalonCard said:

know this isn't the set many of us were hoping for, and it's sure to be expensive on the aftermarket

That's what I assumed about Ray the Castaway and Pirate Adventure Ride.  After waiting several weeks their prices dropped significantly, On eBay in my region at least.

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

That's what I assumed about Ray the Castaway and Pirate Adventure Ride.  After waiting several weeks their prices dropped significantly, On eBay in my region at least.

We can hope, then. The LEGO House exclusives tend to be pretty expensive even at the LEGO House itself, so the base price is going to be pretty steep even before the sellers cut, site fees, and shipping.

To be honest this was the kind of thing I'd hoped to see ever since those buildable Harry Potter figs first showed up, so it'd be nice if this were real!

The map looks a little awkward (it's scaled as if it were a 1x1 tile instead of a 2x2 tile), but otherwise I really like how this looks.

If they just did this as a regular set in the first place instead of that silly wooden figure (wooden pegleg not included :pir-huzzah2:), we'd probably have more of those by now. 

I mean the concept of this is pretty cool, like the clocks they had a while ago but this is actual LEGO. (And yes I know there were the harry potter builds, but this is a figure you'd see redbeard as brick built statues or in toy stores back in the old days way before HP was a thing)

LEGO House exclusive however isn't that nice,  BUT 40366: LEGO House Dinosaurs is still sold at LEGO.com (retiring soon) , and that started as a LEGO house set too.

Edited by TeriXeri

Cute detail I just noticed...is that supposed to be Denmark on the pirate map, with an X for Billund?

14 hours ago, TalonCard said:

Cute detail I just noticed...is that supposed to be Denmark on the pirate map, with an X for Billund?

It is Billund marked on the map yes.. 

20 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

According to online rumours,  The LEGO Group may be releasing a pirate-themed LEGO House exclusive.

A kind person on Instagram alerted us to this news via a story... (think his name might have been @PxChris)

According to exabrickslegogo via Instagram, a buildable Classic Captain Pirate, in the same style as 76393 Harry Potter Hermione Granger, could be a future LEGO House Exclusive.

Here's the image floating around social media - it's not watermarked "confidential" so is it real or fake?

In this style:

This is just amazing. I'm going to the release on March 1. Can't wait.

Edited by Piraten

8 minutes ago, Piraten said:

This is just amazing. I'm going to the release on March 1. Can't wait.

Exciting!

Will you take photos and/or video while you're there?

Just now, Mister Phes said:

Exciting!

Will you take photos and/or video while you're there?

Yes if we can I will for sure . Niels Milan will be there will ask him to say hi to all the fans :) 

1 hour ago, Piraten said:

Niels Milan will be there will ask him to say hi to all the fans :)

Better still, ask him to join Eurobricks Pirates section :pir-triumph:

33 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

Better still, ask him to join Eurobricks Pirates section :pir-triumph:

How.. He don't do the internet that much :)

12 minutes ago, Piraten said:

How.. He don't do the internet that much :)

Ha… when I did the LEGO Inside Tour he said that he knew how to do three things with a computer… turn it on, swear at it, and turn it back off. :tongue:

He may be somewhat more tech savvy now than he was then (or than he was willing to give himself credit for), but he still doesn't seem like the type to join a LEGO forum. If only it were so!

22 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Here's the image floating around social media

If that truly is the final product, it does not look bad. Still, didn't particularly expect this.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

Ha… when I did the LEGO Inside Tour he said that he knew how to do three things with a computer… turn it on, swear at it, and turn it back off. :tongue:

He may be somewhat more tech savvy now than he was then (or than he was willing to give himself credit for), but he still doesn't seem like the type to join a LEGO forum. If only it were so!

Then he learned more than when I talked to him first time. 

Speaking of Niels... there is a really great article about him and 1980s set design in the latest issue of Blocks Magazine!

(In the article, he actually talks a bit about trying to learn to use a computer more for modeling.)

1 minute ago, PxChris said:

Speaking of Niels... there is a really great article about him and 1980s set design in the latest issue of Blocks Magazine!

(In the article, he actually talks a bit about trying to learn to use a computer more for modeling.)

Is it online ? Yeah but he is really old fashioned. And he have no lego in his home.

Blocks has a digital subscription option that lets you read all their back issues and sends you an email when there's a new issue out, I love it!

The article also has a great sketch he did for the early Pirate ship hull designs and a picture of the prototype Black Seas Barracuda--great stuff!

47 minutes ago, Piraten said:

Is it online ? Yeah but he is really old fashioned. And he have no lego in his home.

34 minutes ago, TalonCard said:

Blocks has a digital subscription option that lets you read all their back issues and sends you an email when there's a new issue out, I love it!

The article also has a great sketch he did for the early Pirate ship hull designs and a picture of the prototype Black Seas Barracuda--great stuff!

Like @TalonCard said the digital subscription is probably the best option - https://blocksmag.com/digital-issues/

It's also available on Readly if you have that digital magazine service in your region.

My only complaint about Blocks is that it's prohibitively expensive to get a physical subscription here in the US, but it's a really well produced magazine with a lot of great content.