Bricksbypidy

[COR - FB - GOC] Rum Distillery, Jamestown

Peter Nash (architect) had meanwhile become the house architect of sugar kingpin 'Padre Azúcar'. After designing his hacienda on Queenston and his agave farmhouse on Mesabi Landing, Peter received a new assignment from the 'Padre'. His eye had fallen on Jamestown. Here he wanted to further expand his sugar empire. He had a plantation here and wanted a rum distillery to process the raw products into the divine liquid: rum.

BoBS - Rum Distillery JamestownBoBS - Rum Distillery JamestownBoBS - Rum Distillery JamestownBoBS - Rum Distillery JamestownBoBS - Rum Distillery Jamestown

---

Will be licensed as a Large Factory to Jamestown (Mayor Colonel Sir Dirk Allcock @Ayrlego), by @Bricksbypidy.

Completing GoC task 6.2 Sweet, Sweet, Corrington with this build. 

Property type: Large Factory
Dimensions: 130 x 98 studs
Total parts: ~18,300

Credits:
- Inspiration: My earlier 'inspiration post on our Discord channel from AI generator Midjourney'
- Design carts: @ Peter.g.keith (Instagram) - modified by Bricksbypidy
- Design well: @ Peter.g.keith (Instagram) - modified by Bricksbypidy
- Desgin water tower rooftop: LEGO set 76178 Daily Bugle (Marvel Super Heroes)
- Have you spot the custom logos on the rum crates and facade?

Edited by Bricksbypidy

You've really nailed the inspiration pic while keeping the modern elements out.

Bricksbypidy_ancient_factory_building_in

Do you ever get an opportunity to build in real bricks? I'd love to see your style and photography.

Your factory is really well designed, you can instantly see what it is without it looking too modern for the time period. The sugar cane fields around it really makes the scene for me, well done!

Very nice architecture style and colors. :pir-huzzah1: In addition, there is a very beautiful landscape and many details that belong to a rum factory.

@evancelt Congratulations on being promoted to Pirate Regulator.  :pir-triumph:  

10 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Do you ever get an opportunity to build in real bricks? I'd love to see your style and photography.

Thanks all for the compliments... 

About your comment above: I haven't that much bricks in my collection! 

Pretty cool to be on the frontpage! :cannon:

Another beauty!  I love the sand green half wall so much, going to have to make a mental note of that!  Wonderful vegetation and so lush, I do love how well these digital builds lend themselves to creating so much context around a building.  The little bit of warm light in the distillery looks perfect too.

An ingenius build. I've had a few laughs imagining an enthusist that would get frustrated before even flustering to make the distillery itself. Just joking, obviously it gets made first. The architecture is comforting the more I gander at it. The coloring is obviously brick, but did you imagine a hot day or is it just that good of a reanactment of history?

A beautiful build and very welcome addition to Jameston. I have really enjoyed your sugar builds for this GoC task but this may just be my favouritism of the three. Well done and :thumbup: for GoC of course.

Excellent rendition of the inspiration pics, and an amazing build in itself. I like the story too, although Mr. Nash seems to make his way through the Colonies very quickly! :pir-grin: (Personally, I prefer a bit more internal consistency in my characters' travels, but I have nothing against your approach.)

The building itself is really nice, and captures that colonial industrial feel spot on. But to me, it is the inclusion of the landscaping around it that makes it stand out. It is something that is often hard to do with physical bricks, so I am really happy to see you go the extra effort here.

A definite :thumbup: for GoH, of course!