Sign in to follow this  
Svelte

Agents Review - 8637 Volcano Base - Mission 8

It looks very nice, with a lot of useful pieces. I am so going to buy this set!

Thanks for the review, I liked it.

Thanks for the sweet review! It looks like an awesome set, i might get it... sometime in the far future. Gotta save up for those other SW and IJ sets! Anyways, all the figs are great. I especially like Fuse, his head is going to be used for my sig-fig. And all of those trans- pieces, especially the red lightsaber blades, will come in handy in many MOCs. :thumbup:

Awesome review - just as good as your specatcular Mobile Command Center review. :thumbup:

Man, this set is just LOVELY. Beats the old Alpha Team "volcano base" in every catergory. The piece selection is just amazing, and I love all the detailing. You can't go wrong with two exclusive figures either. :wink:

Cheers for the review! Looks 'good'? :tongue:

God Bless,

Nathan

Nice set! Looks great. I'm loving the exterior - I could so see this become a cinema flick. It would be intense.

Set is pure love - I'm liking female figs too. Interior is okay... but seriously, why make an interior at all if nearly nothing is in it?

I also find it funny how they're in a volcano and they're wearing ridiculously warm clothing... :wacko:

Anyways, that set it love. I'll probably pick it up on discount. Thanks for the review! :thumbup:

-ZotS

Nice set! Looks great. I'm loving the exterior - I could so see this become a cinema flick. It would be intense.

Set is pure love - I'm liking female figs too. Interior is okay... but seriously, why make an interior at all if nearly nothing is in it?

I also find it funny how they're in a volcano and they're wearing ridiculously warm clothing... :wacko:

Anyways, that set it love. I'll probably pick it up on discount. Thanks for the review! :thumbup:

-ZotS

I think it is all about the exterior with this one, the volcano-scaping is second to none and I agree with you about the movie angle! It definitely has a cinematic feel and the trans-orange would look great well-lit and shiny.

Maybe Dr Inferno has anti-thermal underwear - or maybe the giant laser is heat-powered so it absorbs all the surrounding energy :wink:

Yes Silent_Sigfig my slime sense feels it too....En it smels.........SLIMEY :tongue:

Yes Silent_Sigfig my slime sense feels it too....En it smels.........SLIMEY :tongue:

Slime sense? Is that like spider sense? Does that mean slime shoots out of your - wait, actually, I don't want to know :tongue:

Slime Face is a cool fig, though :wink: As pustulous and dripping as his name suggests.

Yes it is something like spider-sense but now it is slimey :tongue:

And yes i shoot slime OUT MY HAND :tongue:

Do you mean a real review is coming :oh: ??

Undersigned MoWo

Do you mean a real review is coming :oh: ??

Maybe on the weekend unless someone wants to do one first. Somebody else out there must love Agents besides me! You can't all be saving for Clone Wars sets!

Thank you. :cry_happy: So much. So very, very much. :cry_happy:

This is in my opinion most definately the best set, it just screams awesome. Though that could be my unnatural love for orange and fire. :look: I studied the online instructions which have horrible colouring and are nothing compared to these great pics. Thanks again, svelte_corps. So much. :cry_happy::grin:

~Peace

Thanks for the review svelte_corps! I would have replied earlier about it but I was too busy looking at all the pics. :tongue:

I thought the set looked good when I saw the first picture of it, and it certainly is. Very nice outside, and who cares if it has an inside? You could make that yourself! :tongue::laugh: I would, if I buy this. I probably will buy this, when it's a bit cheaper - though it looks worth the price that it is! I'd love to see a review of the underwatery set (hehe).

Pretty nice. Might buy it or not. WARNING words might be invisible here!All I need is a whole ton of money!

Umm, the words aren't invisible, hehe :blush:

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

Somebody else out there must love Agents besides me! You can't all be saving for Clone Wars sets!

I'm still saving...

Somebody else out there must love Agents besides me!

I do. :wink:

But I'm not really into reviewing. :sadnew: First taking pictures, than uploading them to the pc, then uploading them to EB, then too much typing then, then.. blah blah blippity bloo blah...

You know what I'm saying? It takes up alot of time. :sceptic:

But anyways, great review svelte corps! Can't wait for Deep Sea Quest. HURRY UP ALREADY! :sing::tongue:

Thank you for the nice review with many pics.

The base has many nice pieces and has a very good retro 60s villain base feeling.

If I can get this set for a nice price in a shop, I maybe buy it.

Maybe on the weekend unless someone wants to do one first. Somebody else out there must love Agents besides me! You can't all be saving for Clone Wars sets!

i do, i'm just poor :cry_sad:

Stinkin' child labor laws...

*stalks off, mumbling about said child labor laws*

:sceptic: hhmmmm i dunno if i wunna buy it or not

but if i do i will detail the enterier buy adding i detailed desk infront of the thhrone, ad some guards from other sets or something.

I am starting to like this theme more and more. I like this set but is to expensive for me.

deffo a buy once it hits the discount bin. just wish it came with agent charge instead of chase. (im not planning on purchasing any other agents line)

Thanks for the excellent review svelte-corps of this fantastic set. I'm really glad I ordered it and can't wait for it to get here. The whole thing is wonderful, like the brown burps and chocolate brown slopes. Little touches like the monorail and fire pit really sell it for me. I love the figs too, especially Claw Dette, it's good to get a female villain with a new torso.

One thing about Fire Arm though, it seems you have put the gun on him wrong, the scope part of the blaster is meant to be on his arm, thus it shouldn't look as ridiculously huge :wink:

I certainly can't wait to mod the interior as well, I'll be sure to add all sorts of villainous 007 style things!

Thanks again for the review, this set looks to be one of the best of the year to me.

Batbrick Away! :devil: