The Librarian

[CSE] Solar Surveyor

I already had an idea for a wedge-shaped spacecraft based around the new trans-yellow canopy before I saw the competition was running, then decided to turn it into a suitable entry. It was quite tricky to remove all disqualified colours from the design but a couple of bricklink orders got me there! It's pretty much exactly 40 studs long - and I wish I had more to play with because I would have preferred to extend the front antennas, but those were the rules.

I don't really have a lot to say, beyond that I was quite pleased with how both the ship and hoverbike came out. If I'm honest, it's my other entry that I have more emotional investment in!

52682697715_dfa90b12a1_b.jpg

52682698150_6361be75b4_b.jpg

52682766553_c080587930_b.jpg

52682551319_a7dc379a07_b.jpg

52682268541_cf06a907bf_b.jpg

Edited by The Librarian

Great shapes and details. Love it! Would like to see the 'extended' version with longer front antennas too!

Nice looking ship! I especially love the design of the cockpits, and the addition of a cargo space for the hoverbike.

This is outstanding! :wub_drool:

The pod for the co-pilot is in a brilliant position, the overall design is super futuristic! :thumbup:

The flying scooter is the icing on the cake!:excited:

If this set was released by Lego it would make a splash in the 80s! :moar::moar:

Hey, this is really nice. I like the overall shaping, and it's cool how you snuck the hoverbike in there, too. 

Did you use the Galaxy Explorer style connections for the sides of the ship?

Thanks everyone!

On 2/14/2023 at 4:36 AM, Stepwise said:

Did you use the Galaxy Explorer style connections for the sides of the ship?

No, this just uses simple hinge connections to create the angles, with a row of brackets down the sides to attach the cheese slopes. I did mean to show off the base of the ship too, where this is more obvious, but none of the photos came out well. I'll try again this weekend and post some additional shots once the competition is over.

This is really great, love the two cockpits and the overall shape--it screams classic space but is still unique!

Nice ship, you got there! Elegantly sleek. It's for me to late to vote for it, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for your ship and have an eye on the results as soon as they are out!