Mr_Fikou

Hello! My (online user)name is mr. Fikou!

Hi folks! I’m mr. Fikou. But you already read that in the title and perhaps my username too. I’m a Dutch AFOL and student. My main interests are Sci-Fi, gaming and Danish plastic (usually tied together by Sci-Fi). I’ve been doing LEGO for as long as I can remember and my parents stopped worrying long ago. I think they’re secretly glad I’m not drunk every weekend instead :P.

My favorite LEGO themes are Bionicle (mostly for its lore and community), Power Miners (nostalgia but also fantastic looking and incredibly inventive functionality), Creator (parts packs! And pretty buildings), Ninjago (idk what they’re doing anymore but the sets are cool) and a whole bunch of B-listers like Mixels and Galaxy Squad. City has been getting pretty good in recent years too. Wait, does 18+ count as a theme? No, it’s called Icons now. But does that include the old Creator Expert? Or the UCS? Nevermind.

I LOVE building MOCs. Spending money on them… not so much. That’s why I mostly design digitally. Also because I study and can’t afford more sorting space than a corner of my bedroom. Still, seeing a digital design taking form (as in, literal physical matter form) after spending a fortune on Bricklink… this world cannot give me greater satisfaction.

Perhaps that is why my no. 1 ambition is and has been for most my lifetime to one day become an official LEGO designer. A major portion of the stuff I do is related to achieving this goal. It’s why I constantly try to build new subject matters and experiment with colors and techniques.

I’m hoping to be able to get honest and useful criticism here and also to find new inspiration among all the amazing builds from fellow forum users. And who knows, perhaps even make a couple friends along the way! See you around!

11 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Inspiring story! I hope one day you achieve your goal of becoming a Lego designer :classic: Welcome to the forum!

6 hours ago, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Hi, welcome among us!

Thanks to you both!