Nikonissen

[MOC] Sj X2000 High Speed Train / Snabbtåg

The backbone for Swedish Intercity traffic, the “SJ X2000” or the official lettering “Litt X2”

Still a WIP. Though, I am quite satisfied with the model and the front. But I’d love to recreate the mildly bended sides on the train.

52648060105_feb182644c_c.jpg

The bogies aren’t designed yet either. At the moment, they are using the ones from my Talgo locomotive.

I’ve tried recreating the big SJ-logo on the side of the locomotive with bricks instead of stickers, but unfortunately, I don’t like the outcome. It looks more like an awkward smiley than a SJ-logo.

As opposed to the Talgo, this is a train that I know pretty well personally. Some of my best holiday memories, are vacations in Stockholm with my dad and sister where we of course, rode this train to get from Denmark to Sweden where some of our family lives.

The direct train link from Copenhagen to Stockholm, beats the highway for cars with about 2 hours! (around 5 and a half hours vs. 7 and a half hours)

I built a 6 wide version back in 2019. This was built IRL consisting of 4 wagons (Locomotive, passenger wagon, bistro car and maneuver cab car)

49184600077_60ae5544d4_c.jpg

Though, it has been taken apart because I needed the motors, windows and parts of the roof for other things.

And a picture of what is happening on the roof. (On the newer model, ofc ;))

52647117117_dedc93c0a9_c.jpg

To be fair, the livery of the train is not that exciting, the reason being the gray color. Because of that, I’m considering to build it in the old livery, which I actually really like:

52675895941_b74a26245f_c.jpg

And a pic of the coupling (which is not there yet). The wagon on the left is the bistro wagon.

52676324845_2524925ea7_c.jpg

Fun fact: Amtrack leased this train in the early 90’s when they were tested on the NY - DC route. Together with the German ICE 1, they helped Amtrack define what specifications they needed for a high-speed train, which later became the Acela Express.

Link to a flickr-folder with all the renders of the project:

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjApxwP

Edited by Nikonissen

Yeah with old livery it`s much cooler and better looking (as for me)
and nice design of the 6stud wide version
Awesome bogies! 

A little update on the locomotive

52682732684_3f68abdaaf_c.jpg

The locomotive has been refined a bit - so now the door handles are placed a bit better, and the black/blue lines on the front look better now as well.

Furthermore I've played around with a solution to make the doors easily detachable so it can be displayed stationary at e.g. a station picking up passengers

Great job capturing the essence of this train.....I am starting to warm to the thought of making a go myself ☺️👌👍

Astonishing train. All those SNOT techniques at the front perfectly flush against the slopes make it a pleasure to look at. I like the brick-built logo, but I’m not familiar with it so maybe I don’t notice the difference that much. The old livery is more interesting in my opinion, but the current silver one is still quite elegant. Also, I’d love to see how you recreate the bent sides of the train, it’s a feature I’m trying to incorporate into my trains too.

Wow!! Such a great recreation of the train. Really looking forward to those bent sides on the coaches.

Apparently, I forgot to post a render that I made back in February of the whole train with the cab car, so here it is. I’ve modified the bogies now, so it looks more like the real thing. The big, long DBG rods are the ones enabling the train to tilt. I probably won’t implement that feature into this model, but still playing around with ways to create the angled sides, though I haven’t found a solution that is worth presenting…

52885824370_7c631c8501_c.jpg

52885446331_e3881f8183_c.jpg

52885611414_68261350e0_c.jpg

Edited by Nikonissen