Sign in to follow this  
A_Goodman

[MOC] Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean

Pirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride

As my all time favorite Amusement Park Ride I have always wanted to represent Pirates of the Caribbean in LEGO.

Lafitte's Landing and the Blue Bayou have always been such a great start to an awesome ride. Thank you for checking out my build!

52673961474_f361a9c3b8_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

52674170028_4b0488b0de_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

52746870543_dbf10943bb_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

52746791380_bbbce161b5_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

52746870673_d8f4fa404f_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

52746375166_15cedbd5d0_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

52746626909_a5f38213ab_k.jpgPirates of the Caribbean Disneyland Ride by Nicholas Goodman, on Flickr

Edited by A_Goodman

On 2/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, A_Goodman said:

. Thank you for checking out my build!

You're most welcome!

How did everyone miss this MOC?  It's got an effective colour palette, lots of nice details and even more some lighting.

On 2/7/2023 at 1:56 PM, A_Goodman said:

As my all time favorite Amusement Park Ride I

A blog post is underway!

How many times have you been on the ride? And at which Disneyland(s)?

On 2/26/2023 at 8:03 PM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Amazing build!

Thank you so much!

17 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

A blog post is underway!

How many times have you been on the ride? And at which Disneyland(s)?

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing it! I'm a Disneyland man myself growing up in Southern California, and honestly I couldn't tell you maybe 20-30 times I always made sure to go a few times each time I made my way to the Park hahah

56 minutes ago, A_Goodman said:

I'm greatly looking forward to seeing it!

Since there's only two photos, the blog post provides a generous amount of information on the actual ride.

Do you happen to have any Work In Progress shots or behind the scenes photos that haven't been posted?

57 minutes ago, A_Goodman said:

I'm a Disneyland man myself growing up in Southern California

Did this inspire you to acquire the Pirates of the Caribbean LEGO sets?  Or do you see the film franchise and it's merchandise as a completely separate entity?

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Since there's only two photos

I just added a few more photos that I hadn't uploaded previously, I do have one or two super low quality photos of the WIP but they probably aren't too great.

Did this inspire you to acquire the Pirates of the Caribbean LEGO sets?

Sadly those sets came out during my dark age so I missed out on collecting them, Here's to hoping they are given a second chance like Indiana Jones, but I view the movies and ride as separate entities however I sure do love both of them

4 hours ago, A_Goodman said:

I just added a few more photos that I hadn't uploaded previously.

These are great!   The close-ups of the minifigs adds so much more character to the scene and brings the place to life. :pir-huzzah2:

This is SO good! You really captured the vibe of the ride perfectly, I really get a sense of being there. Also, great use of lights (and photography).

16 hours ago, Supersick_ said:

This is SO good! You really captured the vibe of the ride perfectly, I really get a sense of being there. Also, great use of lights (and photography).

Guess that means you've been on the ride too? :pir-huzzah2:

Guess that means you've been on the ride too? :pir-huzzah2:

Aye, indeed. I remember it fondly from before the movies as well haha.