Captain Braunsfeld

Herlock Sholmes - The Adventure of the Horse Race Money 1

800x574.jpg

Prelude:

A man in his home. He hears a noise and turns.

640x952.jpg

"Who are you?"

640x1076.jpg

(end of prelude)

Chapter 1

An afternoon in Quaker Street 9 ¾.

Dr. Sonwat enters Herlock Sholmes‘ living room: “Ah, I see you have solved the mystery of the vanished silver ingots”.

800x481.jpg

Sholmes: “Yepp.”

800x579.jpg

Dr. Sonwat takes a seat: “Still no sign of Lady Hemsworth’s tucan?”

Sholmes: “Nope.”

800x600.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Well…”

But he stops as he is interrupted by an unexpected knock on the door.

Who can it be now?

Sholmes: “Who can it be knocking at my door?”

Dr. Sonwat: “Make no sound! Tiptoe across the floor. If he hears he’ll knock all day!”

Suddenly, the knocking ends and in comes the well-known figure of Lord Robert Rushinthought.

Spoiler

Well, I mean he is known to Sholmes and Sonwat. You probably see him for the first time.

Let's get on with it.

800x504.jpg

Rushinthought: “My dear Sholmes, did you not hear me knocking?”

Sholmes: “Nope.”

Rushinthought – looks puzzled.

Dr. Sonwat: “That means that he did hear you.”

800x600.jpg

Rushinthought: “You did?”

Sholmes: “Yepp.”

Dr. Sonwat (coming to Sholmes' aid): “But the butler has his day off.”

Rushinthought: ““Yes, yes. I see. I didn't even know you had a butler. Well, friends, let me take a seat.”

800x553.jpg

Rushinthought: “I think I have a case you should start working on!”

Dr. Sonwat: “Would you like to tell us some more?”

Rushinthought: “Yes, yes. Well, in short,I had it, but when I came home, it was gone and I am very sure that it wasn’t me.”

800x611.jpg

Dr. Sonwat: “Would it be possible for you to be a bit more specific, if you don't mind?”

Sholmes: “Well, Sonwat, our friend, Lord Rushinthought went to the horse race yesterday where he won a large sum of money. But this money has now disappeared – am I right?

Rushinthought: “Yes, yes. Quite so. Impressive deduction!”

Sholmes: “Well, it’s all in a day’s work for a detective.”

Dr. Sonwat spots the newspaper on the table that has the headline “Huge Win for Lord R. as Tempest Comes in First”.

Sholmes: “Now, where exactly did you put the money and how did it disappear?”

Rushinthought: “Yes, yes. Let me tell you the whole story. When I returned home yesterday evening, everything seemed normal. “

800x615.png

Sholmes: “But the money was gone.”

Rushinthought: “Yes, yes.”

Sholmes: “Where exactly did you put the money?”

Rushinthought: “It was in my study, in a bag. When I came home, the bag was missing. I asked my butler about the bag, but he said something very strange indeed…”

(to be continued)

This episode's hidden song reference:

Spoiler

"Who can it be now..." - Men At Work: Who Can It Be Now (1981)

The storyline:

Chapter 1 (you are here)

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Here it is, the new storyline, playing out in Corrington. :pir-huzzah2:
I had wanted to write something with Herlock Sholmes after the Marquis-storyline was finished and it took some time to develop the basic plot.

I hope you will like it! :pir-sweet:

Great, a new sequel story:pir-huzzah2: A very nice study furnished with many details. There is also a pipe and a violin to match Herlock Sholmes. It is understandable that if the butler is not present no one can open the door.

Perhaps the butler will tell Rushinthought, that he saw Rushinthought's wife with a new dress and hat? :pir_laugh2: She had probably found the bag with the money and went shopping with it.

Edited by NOD

A fun start of a new storyline! I wonder what the butler will claim?

The diorama is also very well done, a lot of nice details throughout and there's something nice to look at in every corner!

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

7 hours ago, NOD said:

Great, a new sequel! :pir-huzzah2: A very nice study furnished with many details. There is also a pipe and a violin to match Herlock Sholmes. There is a dog under the work table. It is understandable that if the butler is not present no one can open the door.

Perhaps the butler will tell Rushinthought, that he saw Rushinthought's wife with a new dress and hat? :pir_laugh2:She had probably found the bag with the money and went shopping with it.

I say the butler did it! The butler ALWAYS does it! :pir-tongue:

22 hours ago, NOD said:

Great, a new sequel! :pir-huzzah2: A very nice study furnished with many details. There is also a pipe and a violin to match Herlock Sholmes. There is a dog under the work table. It is understandable that if the butler is not present no one can open the door.

Perhaps the butler will tell Rushinthought, that he saw Rushinthought's wife with a new dress and hat? :pir_laugh2:She had probably found the bag with the money and went shopping with it.

Thanks. That is a common problem in Corrington these days that nobody is able to open the door.

But it gave me a chance to reuse that old 80s song "who can it be now"... :pir-grin:

BTW: I don't know yet whether Rushinthought is married or not.

20 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

A fun start of a new storyline! I wonder what the butler will claim?

The diorama is also very well done, a lot of nice details throughout and there's something nice to look at in every corner!

Thanks. Aren't these mystery stories wonderful? Sooo many questions :pir_laugh2:

15 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

I say the butler did it! The butler ALWAYS does it! :pir-tongue:

What would Colombo say?

8 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yay, a new story :pir-huzzah2: I am exited!

And me!  :pir-huzzah2:

Nice builds! Cool details, especially like the the thought cloud with the insert of the home-situation of Lord Rushinthought (great name too..)!

Looking forward to read and see episode 2!

Always a pleasure to open up the forum and find a brand new Braunsfeld story! Looking forward to it!

On 2/4/2023 at 8:10 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

it took some time to develop the basic plot.

I already was wondering where all the monkeys went.. 

Of course it was the butler... case closed. :pir-grin: 

I like Herlock's living room, though the deer eyes are a bit creepy.  But the lime is great, I'd never paint a wall of mine that color, but the red and the paper on the other side really tone it down!  Lord Rushinthought also has a nice dining area, I love the decorations over the windows!

On 2/5/2023 at 6:15 PM, Bricksbypidy said:

Nice builds! Cool details, especially like the the thought cloud with the insert of the home-situation of Lord Rushinthought (great name too..)!

Looking forward to read and see episode 2!

Thanks!  Part 2 is out there!

On 2/5/2023 at 6:24 PM, Fraunces said:

Always a pleasure to open up the forum and find a brand new Braunsfeld story! Looking forward to it!

I already was wondering where all the monkeys went.. 

:pir-sweet: The monkeys are here with me writing the story!

On 2/6/2023 at 11:50 PM, Kai NRG said:

Of course it was the butler... case closed. :pir-grin: 

I like Herlock's living room, though the deer eyes are a bit creepy.  But the lime is great, I'd never paint a wall of mine that color, but the red and the paper on the other side really tone it down!  Lord Rushinthought also has a nice dining area, I love the decorations over the windows!

It was the butler? But do you know what "it" actually was? :pir-laugh:

The deer eyes - glad you did not see the first version...

The room is inspired by the 2010 tv series Sherlock. sherlock-2340x1208-c-default.jpeg

More interiors to come :pir-grin:

On 2/8/2023 at 12:11 PM, Mister Phes said:

Horse Race Money?

Where's the monkeys?

No, the question is: "Where is the horse race money".  Not "horse race monkey". Although, I could do that :pir-laugh: