BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, Triceron said:

Also something I heard mentioned, one of the trees in the back is using the new Fern piece seen in the Rivendell set.  It uses them upside down to make a spruce-like tree.

Could be, I do not know what other part they could have used either :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I really hope it has as many animals as in the pic if this set does actually come out.

Me too :wub_drool:

32 minutes ago, Captain_SoyBeard said:

What minifigs are there?

Roebuck listed 8 minifigs on the previous page of this thread.  The leaked picture is very blurry so very difficult to make out exactly what everything is.

12 minutes ago, karrit said:

Roebuck listed 8 minifigs on the previous page of this thread.  The leaked picture is very blurry so very difficult to make out exactly what everything is.

Plus, being preliminary, if this does come to fruition, we can guarantee that the minifigs will be different. 

Should be 12-15 minifigs (most of them civilians) in the set I guess if it has 1200 parts less then the castle? A huge number of animals may put it closer too 12 than 15 :shrug_oh_well:

@JeanGreyForever Do you have any more info about the set? Was there a text describing the set or just a picture?

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Should be 12-15 minifigs (most of them civilians) in the set I guess if it has 1200 parts less then the castle? A huge number of animals may put it closer too 12 than 15 :shrug_oh_well:

@JeanGreyForever Do you have any more info about the set? Was there a text describing the set or just a picture?

There was text although it wasn't very descriptive about exactly how many minifigures and animals. It gave the piece count (3200 pieces) and dimensions (11" high, 15" wide, 4" deep when opened) and then a general description that this is an extension of the Medieval Market Village. "Each building features detailed interiors showcasing new merchants and trades not previously seen in the original."

4 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

There was text although it wasn't very descriptive about exactly how many minifigures and animals. It gave the piece count (3200 pieces) and dimensions (11" high, 15" wide, 4" deep when opened) and then a general description that this is an extension of the Medieval Market Village. "Each building features detailed interiors showcasing new merchants and trades not previously seen in the original."

It's good to see LEGO tries to go the way of trades/workmanship portrayal. I hope it is the beginning of a long tradition of such sets.

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

It's good to see LEGO tries to go the way of trades/workmanship portrayal. I hope it is the beginning of a long tradition of such sets.

Agreed. Blacksmithing was important, but was not the only non-military job of the time as past Lego sets would indicate.

What other trades have they shown? Food seller, cook/baker, farmer... court jester and bard. Anything else?

There's opportunity for so many more things. Carpenter, brewer, cobbler, weaver, fletcher, cooper, thatcher, glass blower, painter, sculptor, mason, potter, a fabric dye operation could be cool. So much potential.

A Tinker would be a neat, like a travelling repairman with a small cart selling pots and pans and other knick-knacks.

I'm thinking of using the CMF Carrot dude's sign and adding more produce stalls to make a Farmer's Market.  Little stalls for selling fish, baked goods, sausages and cheese, etc.

7 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Thanks for the info :sweet:
A extension of MMV was just what I was hoping for :grin_wub: It looked to be in scale, but nice to get it confirmed :thumbup: It also fits with buildings in different colours and shape, but with the same opened and closed style.
Interesting to get something else than the blacksmith for a change :tongue:

22 minutes ago, Triceron said:

and cheese

My guess is that the stall in the middle are selling cheese :sweet:

9 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Interesting to get something else than the blacksmith for a change :tongue:

True, especially considering, LEGO still selling the Big blacksmith IDEAS set, and then the smithing area in the 3-in-1 Castle.

I'll probably adjust the Ideas smith to this scale if this set ends up happening. (I don't have old MMV set, but a big fan of the smaller scale)

Edited by TeriXeri

Just found the reddit post where someone listed what they observed from the blurry pic.  Reposting here:

Lego medieval market place 2024

Left to Right and Front to back

Tree with a peasant in front

Small build with oven

2 sheep

Cow and calf and Guard

Cat, Goat, Peasant behind cat

Small table behind that Peasant

Minifigure and small build behind the table

Small build with caldron Blue Bard then market stall

Horse with forest man small build behind

Large bucket and 3 beehive stand

Back row

Viking beside front of building with plants in front

Tudor building with white stucco and dark red roof

Female royalty in front of Tudor building with medium nougat stucco and sand green stucco on 2nd floor tan roof, small tree on side

Guarded inn tower with guard on top, tree on side

Building with gray 1st floor and red stucco 2nd with red roof and falcon in nest

Building with brown 1st floor, olive 2nd and 3rd floors, nougat roof

Tree with bird on top 

Nice @Triceron I will add in what I can see, and hopefully other can do the same :classic:

8 hours ago, Triceron said:

Tree with a peasant in front 

Owl and squirrel (?) in tree some mushrooms at the base .

9 hours ago, Triceron said:

Small build with oven

have no Idea what it is, could be a oven i guess, but what is the rest?

Cat, Goat, Peasant behind cat

peasant girl with red apple to be more specific

Minifigure and small build behind the table

Is the small build a cart with bread?

Small build with caldron Blue Bard then market stall

Blue bard is a jester on stilts I think. Marked stall selling cheese (?)

Horse with forest man small build behind

Another marked stall (?)

Large bucket and 3 beehive stand

beehind (:tongue:) there seems to be a row of plants, maybe flowers or tomatoes made with the new fern piece in more than one color (?)

Viking beside front of building with plants in front

I doubt it is a viking, looks to big to be a minifig, not sure what it could be. something orange among the plants, maybe a pumpkin? a small red bird or chicken/hen to the right on the ground?

Tudor building with white stucco and dark red roof

a small blue bird on the roof.

Female royalty in front of Tudor building with medium nougat stucco and sand green stucco on 2nd floor tan roof, small tree on side

A small red bird or chicken/hen on the ground? a small red bird on the nest in the middle of the building? Owl on top of the tree, made with dark green fern parts upside down?

Building with gray 1st floor and red stucco 2nd with red roof and falcon in nest

Could also be a owl?

Building with brown 1st floor, olive 2nd and 3rd floors, nougat roof

Brown frog on top of the left side of the roof? small blue bird on the lower roof? white snake part used as smoke out of the chimney?

Tree with bird on top 

think it is a squirrel not a bird. also some mushrooms at the base :classic:

1 hour ago, ShoelaceAglet said:

Given the limited info we do know and how these things usually go, anyone hazard a guess on price?

With 99% certainty, it will be between $1 and $1000...

If you want a wild guess, I'd hope for less than $250, but it might be about that? Wisdom of the crowds might be useful here though.

It has 1300 parts less then the castle, but a lot more animals so could be 300$, but I hope for less.. I believe every set in the poll had a price range and then the most likely price, have we gotten that  info for this set yet?

I appreciate the limited Castle we do get, but I am not in a position to afford these expensive sets. Really hope Lego can release something smaller for fans as well

Lego make bigger and bigger sets and more of them as well, I am happy we get a set for Castle every year or every second year (if that is the case). I do not mind that they are big since I can buy less other sets and buy that instead. Of course there are a lot of people who can not afford a big set no matter what, however you can buy parts like animals and minifigs from the sets for the price of a smaller set :def_shrug:

On 2/16/2023 at 11:51 AM, JeanGreyForever said:

Do you remember the price range and the most likely price for the set as well?

6 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Yes, the price range was $190-310. $240 is the most likely price.

With the frankly absurd $70 price tag for the 230 piece 60346 Barn and Farm Animals along with similarly high prices for the wildlife rescue sets I'm quite skeptical of a $250 price for this. One could argue that most of the animal molds already exist with the costs allocated to previous sets but TLG continues to at least give the impression of high marginal costs for them based on a single cow costing $10 on PAB. Even tiny animals like rabbits and birds range from $1.50-2.50 each. If the goat mold truly returns they're well aware of the high demand for it and will likely try to squeeze as much profit out of the set as possible. Since I'm an absolute sucker for castle and animals in general I'm going to buy it regardless of price and I imagine a large number of AFOLs feel the same way.

14 minutes ago, kill will said:

With the frankly absurd $70 price tag for the 230 piece 60346 Barn and Farm Animals along with similarly high prices for the wildlife rescue sets I'm quite skeptical of a $250 price for this.

For some reason City sets have been really expensive in the states lately. It "only" cost 50€, might even been cheaper before the price hike in August, so in a set outside City you might get more animals for your buck :def_shrug: However the rest of your arguments are still true :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

For some reason City sets have been really expensive in the states lately. It "only" cost 50€, might even been cheaper before the price hike in August, so in a set outside City you might get more animals for your buck :def_shrug: However the rest of your arguments are still true :shrug_oh_well:

I hope you're right and the higher costs are isolated to City sets specifically in the US! There are a number of them I've been tempted to get but just can't justify the price and not being able to use a significant number of the other parts. I have zero interest in anything newer than the 1920's so a medieval village with a good selection of animals is doubly appealing to me. Fingers crossed that most of the prototype design makes it into the final product and that the parts make their way onto PAB eventually :pir-huzzah2: