BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, AgentCooper said:

I hope they do a new Tournament set for Castle in the near future; perhaps including a new horse color and new minifig faction print. 

A tournament makes sense for the next big Castle Icons set, though I would not expect it until ‘25 or ‘26. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be great to have a tournament, and if they keep going with the level of complexity they've been doing, then some cool features in it too. But yes, probably a way off. And it assumes they'll do a regular release of a set every year or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An updated Kingdoms Joust would be perfect for Classic Castle, especially if it can tie in some of the CMFs like a return of the Raven Knight torsos and prints and some updated Black Knights, maybe even Royal Knights through a new king figure.

Edited by Triceron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Triceron said:

An updated Kingdoms Joust would be perfect for Classic Castle, especially if it can tie in some of the CMFs like a return of the Raven Knight torsos and prints and some updated Black Knights.  THAT would be something premium worth paying a good price for.

I feel like we will get Black Knights before 2026 (most likely year for a hypothetical tournament set), so maybe Royal Knights could appear instead?
I can see around 12 Minifigs: Royal Knights King, Black Knights Lord, Royal Knights champion, Black Knights challenger, Royal Knights guard (2x), Royal Knights squire, Black Knights squire, stable boy, tavern keeper, and some miscellaneous nobles and peasants to fill out the audience. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Knights and Royal Knights would go well together, even if not from the exact same timeline (and then Wolfpack if a bandit faction is needed for a 3rd)

Design wise, they used Black Castles with grey details, if they need to share moulds/prints.

Speaking of a part they all could share , would be a Black masonry brick, which actually does not exist yet.

 

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I feel like we will get Black Knights before 2026 (most likely year for a hypothetical tournament set), so maybe Royal Knights could appear instead?
I can see around 12 Minifigs: Royal Knights King, Black Knights Lord, Royal Knights champion, Black Knights challenger, Royal Knights guard (2x), Royal Knights squire, Black Knights squire, stable boy, tavern keeper, and some miscellaneous nobles and peasants to fill out the audience. 
 

Good assortment, but considering modern Lego, half of em will probably be female.  So I'd take a princess or queen into consideration, as well as handmaidens.  It'd also make sense in general for tournament knights to fight for the hand of a lady.

Also a personal hope, but I'd like them to throw in extra color options of tiles, banners and flags so we can customize the pageantry to fit whatever knights are fighting at the time.  Sorta like some of the Harry Potter sets that have customizable tiles for each house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Black Knights and Royal Knights would go well together, even if not from the exact same timeline (and then Wolfpack if a bandit faction is needed for a 3rd)

Design wise, they used Black Castles with grey details, if they need to share moulds/prints.

Speaking of a part they all could share , would be a Black masonry brick, which actually does not exist yet.

 

It would be amazing if they did a couple of different faction knights. They would have to do lots of foot soldiers etc. I’d be happy with just different knights competing from that point of view. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Triceron said:

Good assortment, but considering modern Lego, half of em will probably be female.  So I'd take a princess or queen into consideration, as well as handmaidens.  It'd also make sense in general for tournament knights to fight for the hand of a lady.

The Royal Knights had the first Minifig king, so I doubt that he would be swapped for a female character; I was already thinking of the tavern keeper being female, however, and obviously half of the knights/guards/squires can be women as well. The additional few Minifigs can include noblewomen, and maybe the Black Knights’ leader can be a woman as well. 

17 minutes ago, Triceron said:

Also a personal hope, but I'd like them to throw in extra color options of tiles, banners and flags so we can customize the pageantry to fit whatever knights are fighting at the time.  Sorta like some of the Harry Potter sets that have customizable tiles for each house.

Considering the inclusion of Easter egg shields in the LKC (and also presumably in the MTS, given the shieldsmith), I can see something like this appearing. If the set is large enough, we might even get cloth flags for each of the factions! 
 

19 minutes ago, Westbrick said:

It would be amazing if they did a couple of different faction knights. They would have to do lots of foot soldiers etc. I’d be happy with just different knights competing from that point of view. 

I am thinking of this as being a ~$250 set, so we would probably only get 12-14 Minifigs. Also, we only really need a few footsoldiers in the set itself, since the parts would be up on PaB a few months after the set’s release. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is the medieval market forum but I am just curious :

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february? 

I think it looks very good and I am trying to get one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda torn on that. On one hand, it does look good (though the interior I have mixed feelings  about a few things), on the other I kinda don't have a place to put something that tall... And yet I want it - if only to have a decent castle for the Falcons :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Lion Knight Castle isn't currently set to retire until the end of 2025 (according to the leaks). So, I think the earliest some kind of new D2C Castle set would be early-to-mid-2026 or so. That would parallel the retirement and release of the Blacksmith and the Medieval Town Square in a way.

As far as animals and minifigs for Medieval Town Square goes... Honestly, a new horse color is one of the last things that is on my list. I've already got several, and I'd much rather use that budget on a recolor of a different animal/new peasant torso. I'd much rather get, for example, a grey sheep or brown goat over a new color of horse personally (though I would love the new horse with printing that has horse blinds, like the one in Mill Village Raid). I'm also hopeful that a majority of the budget goes towards new peasant prints and not much goes towards knights - maybe reuse the one from Majesto, and possibly one other one, but I don't need any few factions or anything like that. Let the peasants be the stars of the set! Other animals and knights can potentially come in other sets - this might be peasant's one and only time to shine for the next decade.

As an aside, I was favored by the Lego gods recently and was actually able to find a copy of Mill Village Raid on Marketplace, plus about 20 other Creator/Friends sets, for only $80 where my brother lives. I'll have to wait to see it myself until March, but it at least has the buildings, the horse, the pig, and one goat (no idea about the second goat or any minifigs, my brother didn't check). I'll happy add that to my Village once I can get my hands on it!

14 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february? 

I'm tempted, but don't think I can afford it sadly. I'll probably keep an eye out on all of the preorders on that day and see how quickly it goes, and if it looks like it might sell out as fast as Castle in the Forest, I might try to get a preorder in. I'll play it by ear, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

I know this is the medieval market forum but I am just curious :

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february? 

I think it looks very good and I am trying to get one. 

I want it, but with baradur, D&D, pirates bricklink set, AND the village coming out soon I simply can't get this one :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I know this is the medieval market forum but I am just curious :

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february? 

I think it looks very good and I am trying to get one. 

I think I am going to pass as it will be easy to build with bricks I have on hand. No paper instructions are a big deal for me. But, then again I may get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always like some of the BDP sets but the prices are off-putting.  There are so many expensive official LEGO sets I'm interested in getting that I much rather spend my money on those.  I can always download the instructions for the BDP sets I'm interested in and then see if I have the parts to make them work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

I'm also hopeful that a majority of the budget goes towards new peasant prints and not much goes towards knights - maybe reuse the one from Majesto

If we were getting Dragon Masters in the MTS, we would probably have gotten their shield in the GWP; also, the faction is a weird choice for a realistic civilian setting. My guesses are either crossed-axe Lion Knights or Black Knights (one new torso shared between both guards (see prelim), also one set of new legs for both if we get Black Knights). 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I know this is the medieval market forum but I am just curious :

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february? 

I think it looks very good and I am trying to get one. 

It was in my planned budget, but then my phone suddenly needed replacing.

Ah well, I'm not sure I have the space for it regardless.

I look forward to the instructions, I can incorporate some elements into a home build hopefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If we were getting Dragon Masters in the MTS, we would probably have gotten their shield in the GWP; also, the faction is a weird choice for a realistic civilian setting. My guesses are either crossed-axe Lion Knights or Black Knights (one new torso shared between both guards (see prelim), also one set of new legs for both if we get Black Knights). 
 

I really hoped they would have gotten a new shield, something that fixes the simple green recolor of the Black Knights shield.  Something like the custom shield print that Cult of Bricks has.  Maybe for a future CMF, one that has a new custom helmet too.  Since they don't do the dragon plumes, I could see them dual-molding something straight onto the sides and top of the helm.  New cape with Dragon print would be awesome too.

Cultbricks_Custom_Premium_Prints_Medieva

Edited by Triceron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AgentCooper said:

I hope they do a new Tournament set for Castle in the near future; perhaps including a new horse color and new minifig faction print. 

That would be nice, hopefully some more civilian side to the set as well. However my guess is that we get a forestmen D2C next, even if they have gotten a lot of love so far they still miss a home base inside the forest :classic:

11 hours ago, Triceron said:

An updated Kingdoms Joust would be perfect for Classic Castle, especially if it can tie in some of the CMFs like a return of the Raven Knight torsos and prints and some updated Black Knights, maybe even Royal Knights through a new king figure.

Why can't Lego understand we need more figs from the raven knight fraction, that is a amazing looking color combination, a barding would be fantastic in those colors as well :sweet:

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I feel like we will get Black Knights before 2026 (most likely year for a hypothetical tournament set), so maybe Royal Knights could appear instead?
I can see around 12 Minifigs: Royal Knights King, Black Knights Lord, Royal Knights champion, Black Knights challenger, Royal Knights guard (2x), Royal Knights squire, Black Knights squire, stable boy, tavern keeper, and some miscellaneous nobles and peasants to fill out the audience. 
 

Black knights is one of the more popular ones that have not made a return yet so would be great to see:classic:

9 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I know this is the medieval market forum but I am just curious :

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february?

Not me, personally no interest in the BL sets..

9 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

As far as animals and minifigs for Medieval Town Square goes... Honestly, a new horse color is one of the last things that is on my list. I've already got several, and I'd much rather use that budget on a recolor of a different animal/new peasant torso. I'd much rather get, for example, a grey sheep or brown goat over a new color of horse personally (though I would love the new horse with printing that has horse blinds, like the one in Mill Village Raid). I'm also hopeful that a majority of the budget goes towards new peasant prints and not much goes towards knights - maybe reuse the one from Majesto, and possibly one other one, but I don't need any few factions or anything like that. Let the peasants be the stars of the set! Other animals and knights can potentially come in other sets - this might be peasant's one and only time to shine for the next decade.

I agree, we have a lot more chances for a new horse somewhere else than the other farm animals. In the prelim non of the animals where recolored or reprinted, but that most likely will change for the set. Since the moulds are in circulation I do not think a recolor cost so much on the budget and even the CMF brought back the goat for this set. Mill Village Raid had crazy amounts of new moulds/recolours and that was a lot smaller so this should at least manage the same number of recolours, maybe even a new goat kid mould if we are lucky :wink:

9 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

As an aside, I was favored by the Lego gods recently and was actually able to find a copy of Mill Village Raid on Marketplace, plus about 20 other Creator/Friends sets, for only $80 where my brother lives. I'll have to wait to see it myself until March, but it at least has the buildings, the horse, the pig, and one goat (no idea about the second goat or any minifigs, my brother didn't check). I'll happy add that to my Village once I can get my hands on it!

That was a great find, hopefully the most important stuff are there, you can probably sell the other sets and get a lot of your money back it you do not want them! I got one in excellent condition with only a handful parts missing this summer at a flea-marked for around 50$, was over the moon :grin_wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Triceron said:

Maybe for a future CMF, one that has a new custom helmet too.  Since they don't do the dragon plumes, I could see them dual-molding something straight onto the sides and top of the helm.  New cape with Dragon print would be awesome too.

Something like the new Basil Minifig would be amazing! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If we were getting Dragon Masters in the MTS, we would probably have gotten their shield in the GWP; also, the faction is a weird choice for a realistic civilian setting. My guesses are either crossed-axe Lion Knights or Black Knights (one new torso shared between both guards (see prelim), also one set of new legs for both if we get Black Knights). 

I still think that Lion Knights are very likely too ;). Axe Knights, maybe, but I don´t see them including any unrelated faction like Black Knights in that set.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

I still think that Lion Knights are very likely too ;). Axe Knights, maybe, but I don´t see them including any unrelated faction like Black Knights in that set.

I feel like we will get a new faction or design in the MTS, since that follows the pattern of previous sets (Blacksmith - Black Falcons, LKC - Lions, Forestmen); also, I am not sure how the Black Knights are unrelated. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I feel like we will get a new faction or design in the MTS, since that follows the pattern of previous sets (Blacksmith - Black Falcons, LKC - Lions, Forestmen); also, I am not sure how the Black Knights are unrelated. 
 

Both Black Falcons and Forestmen appeared in more that one set post-revival (BF - 3 in 1 castle; Blacksmith, LKC; Forestmen - LKC, Hideout), Lion Knights had their castle, would make sense for them to appear than in another set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I feel like we will get a new faction or design in the MTS, since that follows the pattern of previous sets (Blacksmith - Black Falcons, LKC - Lions, Forestmen); also, I am not sure how the Black Knights are unrelated. 

I would hardly call that a pattern. First of all it would have been hard to give the Blacksmith anything but a new (or better said redesigned) faction, since there wasn´t any at that time. Then they used them for the 3-1 castle and again in the Lion Knights Castle. Maybe they decided to give the castle to the Lion Knights since the Black Falcons already had one - plus having two Knight-Factions and the Forstmen adds a lot playability. Although beeing a 400€-Set aiming for Adults you can´t deny that the castle also has a lot of playabilty.

Anyways, the mean reason why I don´t think they will put another faction there is because I think the Village will be the company set for the Lion Knight´s castle, meaning it is placed in their dominion, so we should see their knights then. So, now we could see the Axe Guards as some kind of Town Watch, and they were a faction that were related to the Lion Knights in the past, which the Black Knights are not, that is what I meant when I stated they would be unrelated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That was a great find, hopefully the most important stuff are there, you can probably sell the other sets and get a lot of your money back it you do not want them! I got one in excellent condition with only a handful parts missing this summer at a flea-marked for around 50$, was over the moon :grin_wub:

Glad you were able to find one as well! And that is my plan currently - I have little affinity for Friends stuff (especially the older sets), and based on pricing a few things out on Bricklink, I should easily be able to make that $80 back, if not more.

16 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

If we were getting Dragon Masters in the MTS, we would probably have gotten their shield in the GWP; also, the faction is a weird choice for a realistic civilian setting.

The "budget" for the GWP might have only allowed for one new print - if that is the case, I think it would have been just as odd to get a new shield with a plain torso. That, and in some ways, it makes more sense to have several new shields in the set featuring a shield-smith. I could very well be wrong, though.

I guess I also didn't think about the faction choice potential clashing - I'm a Fantasy Era/Crown Knights guy, so I don't think twice about dragons or magical elements in my setups.

My only true prediction for knights in Medieval Town Square (since I assume there will at least be a few): someone will not be happy with the choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I know this is the medieval market forum but I am just curious :

Who is going to buy the Black Falcons Mountain Fortress on Bricklink 7 february? 

I think it looks very good and I am trying to get one. 

Nope.

Too much official Lego coming out to meet my castle needs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.