BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

Pretty sure the bag is just 92590, same as was used for Majisto in the Lion Knights' Castle. It's a very common piece, often used for LEGO City crooks (as a place to stash stolen dollar bills or gold bars) or as a feed bag for animals. I would not be surprised at all to see it in this or other medieval sets, but I wouldn't see it as something all that exciting or special either.

Ah well yeah, so I wasn´t wrong that it is existing after all lol. Well I was searching for bag and not sack. Anyways, so yeah that leaves only the legs as reused pieces in the town square - and the goat mould ofc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Ah well yeah, so I wasn´t wrong that it is existing after all lol. Well I was searching for bag and not sack.

No worries, I get that. BrickLink makes it even worse because they call it "Minifigure Backpack Open", which is not even close to how I'd think to describe it in a search! :wacko: I have similar issues sometimes trying to find the LEGO coffee mug piece on BrickLink or Stud.io because my initial impulse is always to search for the word "mug", but the part name on BrickLink is "Minifigure, Utensil Cup".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I am still thinking we will see the legs - but not the torso. 

I expect both, especially since the torso can be reused for a Forestman. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I expect both, especially since the torso can be reused for a Forestman. 
 

It seems very unlikely to me that they use both parts, since one should be exclusive to the CMF-Series. Also we already have a forestmen torso, so why would they use this one instead (which doesn´t look like forestmen at all to me btw)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

(which doesn´t look like forestmen at all to me btw)

It looks like something from Dark Forest to me. 

14 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

It seems very unlikely to me that they use both parts, since one should be exclusive to the CMF-Series. 

They reused every part from the bard aside from the legs and plume (neither of which were needed) in the LKC, so I am not sure why they would not do the same thing with the goatherd; the legs are far more reusable than the bard's were. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The none exclusive parts aside my guess:

  1. the goat probably comes in different colors/print so no.
  2. The face is rather special so no
  3. The torso I give a 50-50% chance, is it possible that they do not add arm-print to save money?
  4. The legs also a 50-50% chance, probably this or the torso not both. However they are dual-molded with print so should be expensive? What about the purse and belt, combined with this torso it must look odd :tongue:

lego-lion-knights-peasant-farmer-castle-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The legs also a 50-50% chance, probably this or the torso not both. However they are dual-molded with print so should be expensive? What about the purse and belt, combined with this torso it must look odd :tongue:

I would say their chances are higher however they would of course not be used with this torso ;) However I think it is also possible they just reuse the print and not the leg - I mean the CMF is a one time production thing so the legs won´t take up space in the logistics and whether they use the exact same one or just print it on different legs wont make that much of a difference.

21 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

They reused every part from the bard aside from the legs and plume (neither of which were needed) in the LKC, so I am not sure why they would not do the same thing with the goatherd; the legs are far more reusable than the bard's were. 
 

Exactly. That is why I think we will rather see them than the torso. And why they wouldn´t use both is because then you can just buy them together later on instead of buying the CMF series. Ofc in this one the goat is also exclusive, but I don´t think we have ever got the Minifigures parts used in a set completely, at least not short afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mopasali said:

We are getting March leaks now, so maybe we'll get a date or even pics soon!

That would be nice. Decent pics that answer some questions and end the broad speculation would go a long way to make the wait easier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting nervous about this set? After the Troubadour, the Lion Knights Castle, the Forest Hideout, the Blacktron set, and the Galaxy Explorer, I had very high hopes for Majisto's Workshop and the space CMFs. Both of those were so disappointing, it really makes me worry about the quality of this set as well.

Eldorado Fortress was another one I was really excited about. It had some good elements to it, but it was still incredibly underwhelming.

The good thing about this set is that they don't have to imitate any particular classic set. They're free to take a new direction, which is great. But after so many major disappointments the past year, I'm really concerned that this may also be a bad set. I really hope I'm wrong. And I hope it was designed by the same guys who did the Lion Knights Castle. They're about two years apart, so that may be possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not nervous at all. First, it’s going to come with new cool stuff, especially when it comes to minifigs and animals. Secondly, if there are disappointing aspects of the build, I can improve it to my tastes, which is honestly one of my favorite things to do with Lego. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Is anyone else getting nervous about this set? After the Troubadour, the Lion Knights Castle, the Forest Hideout, the Blacktron set, and the Galaxy Explorer, I had very high hopes for Majisto's Workshop and the space CMFs. Both of those were so disappointing, it really makes me worry about the quality of this set as well.

What are you most worried about with "quality"?  Minifigures, value for money, play features, stickers, etc...?  The preliminary pic in the leak is probably somewhat similar to the final set and conform to other leaks, so it gives a good idea of what is coming.  

What I want out of this set is a more affordable medieval peasant/civilian set. Mill Village Raid and the original Medieval Market are very expensive on the aftermarket, especially in light of the value of the Creator Castle. Based on leaks, it seems the value is there for the size, parts, and variety of professions. Unlike El Dorado, it's not replacing a molded baseplate, which seems to compromise on typical value for price.

If a door doesn't work, like in Majisto, it's Lego and can be modded for playability vs. aesthetic.  

I don't have a tie to classic medieval sets, and thus I don't need particular factions, professions, or characters represented.  If it's Black Falcons, Lions, or a new faction, it'll work.  It's also civilian, so no faction means it can be associated with any existing faction or it can be a largely "free" town.  Although the leak of a tax collector and a tower guard suggests it's not a free trading post!  Some faction is collecting those taxes!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so hyped for it I worry I will be disappointed at first sight. Was not very impressed with the castle when we saw the first leaks, however now after seeing better pictures, reviews and built it myself I know it is a great set. The only con i can find with it now is the lack of animals especially horses.
 

This however is as far as I can tell from the leaks fantastic, but if they skimp out on animals and civilians I will definitely be disappointed until I start seeing the good parts. Because it is almost impossible that this will be a bad set, but with all the hype for it and if it's not what you have imagined in your mind some might be let down at first :shrug_oh_well:

 

5 hours ago, Mopasali said:

We are getting March leaks now, so maybe we'll get a date or even pics soon!

Do not expect pictures much before it is reveled, but a date would be nice. Are there any D2C we know are coming in January-February, because they look wide open for this set now. Modular came early, LOTR is later and snow white is 1 of March! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not worried about the building. We can modify that. I did that with  Eldorado Fortress. 

I am concerned about the minifigs. I really want a diverse cast of medieval villagers. A clone army is fine but not for the villagers. I'm afraid that Lego will just reuse the minifigs of the Lion knights castle. 

I would be so dissapointed if they do the easy and cheap way. If that's the case I probably will not buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jodawill said:

Is anyone else getting nervous about this set? After the Troubadour, the Lion Knights Castle, the Forest Hideout, the Blacktron set, and the Galaxy Explorer, I had very high hopes for Majisto's Workshop and the space CMFs. Both of those were so disappointing, it really makes me worry about the quality of this set as well.

Eldorado Fortress was another one I was really excited about. It had some good elements to it, but it was still incredibly underwhelming.

The good thing about this set is that they don't have to imitate any particular classic set. They're free to take a new direction, which is great. But after so many major disappointments the past year, I'm really concerned that this may also be a bad set. I really hope I'm wrong. And I hope it was designed by the same guys who did the Lion Knights Castle. They're about two years apart, so that may be possible.

I think you have to remember just because you don't like it that other people might.  Once again we fall into this trap that the set has to be up to our own personal standards.  I really don't think the space CMF is that bad I think there some really good figs in there it's really no different than most CMF's.  Lego did a great job on Rivendell.  You are basing your expectations on a gwp that is a remake of an old set and a CMF that usually doesn't please everyone anyway.  I'm not that worried man look at the viking village which Soccerkid worked on was great.  There are some really good sets recently and you are taking some really smalll and usually up in the air things like a CMF and GWP to base your worries on.  I think maybe just enjoy the good stuff and not worry about what's coming.  There's literally nothing that's going to change what is coming anyway.  The market village is already produced and we are just waiting for pics and either you will like it or you won't.  And it's ok either way it's not really something to worry that much about.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I’m not nervous at all. First, it’s going to come with new cool stuff, especially when it comes to minifigs and animals. Secondly, if there are disappointing aspects of the build, I can improve it to my tastes, which is honestly one of my favorite things to do with Lego. 

Well we got the pics of the survey so it will look similar to that I guess. However what I am actually most curious about is the minifigs. So for me it will depend a lot on those whether I am disappointed by the set or not.

4 hours ago, DonQuixote said:

I am concerned about the minifigs. I really want a diverse cast of medieval villagers. A clone army is fine but not for the villagers. I'm afraid that Lego will just reuse the minifigs of the Lion knights castle. 

I would be so dissapointed if they do the easy and cheap way. If that's the case I probably will not buy it. 

I am pretty sure we will see Parts reused. I just hope that they are few and we get a lot new ones in return. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just hoping that the leaks were an early prototype version of the set, the village felt very shallow to me. Felt like an up-sized Kingdoms set and not a proper full sized Icons set like the Lion Knights Castle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, someguy827 said:

I'm just hoping that the leaks were an early prototype version of the set, the village felt very shallow to me. Felt like an up-sized Kingdoms set and not a proper full sized Icons set like the Lion Knights Castle. 

I mean, Lion Knights' Castle was pretty huge even by Icons standards. I would not expect (or even WANT) every big Castle-related exclusive from here on out to be on par with it in terms of size. Castles are supposed to be big compared to ordinary medieval houses and shops!

Also, I suspect one reason the buildings looked shallow is that they seem designed is that they're "dollhouse style" but designed to fold up back-to-back for an enclosed layout, like the buildings from Medieval Market Village or the two castle wings in the Lion Knights' Castle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, someguy827 said:

I'm just hoping that the leaks were an early prototype version of the set, the village felt very shallow to me. Felt like an up-sized Kingdoms set and not a proper full sized Icons set like the Lion Knights Castle.

To me it looked like a prelim very closed to finished. It's suppose to scale with MMV (and probably MVR and the LKC as well). If you are looking for a building that scale with the to me out of Castle scale blacksmith shop you probably have better luck with Disney:
LEGO Ideas 21341 Disney Hocus Pocus and the upcoming Snow White set:wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the released Lion Knights' castle, in one of the designer interview videos, they said that they'd originally designed a whole village to go with the castle, before realizing that it was too large to be included in the set. I wonder if this is simply what they designed at the same time as the castle, released as a standalone. I hope so, as it will have the same concept of taking inspiration from older sets, but not being tied too closely to them, which is something that the more recent Majisto's Tower and Eldorado Fortress seem to suffer from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

When the released Lion Knights' castle, in one of the designer interview videos, they said that they'd originally designed a whole village to go with the castle, before realizing that it was too large to be included in the set. I wonder if this is simply what they designed at the same time as the castle, released as a standalone. I hope so, as it will have the same concept of taking inspiration from older sets, but not being tied too closely to them, which is something that the more recent Majisto's Tower and Eldorado Fortress seem to suffer from.

I imagine the process of developing it as its own set would've started after the castle design was finalized, just to ensure that the scale and design language would be consistent with the finished castle. But it's definitely possible that it could include a lot of concepts, techniques, or sub-builds originally considered for the Lion Knights' Castle but ultimately omitted from the final design.

This sort of recycling of unused ideas is common at LEGO — for example, as designer Niek van Slagmaat explained on Twitter, the small Wolf Mech in set 71808 from next year's Ninjago range takes some of its inspiration and concepts from an unused "Malware Wolf" sketch model created for the third year of Nexo Knights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The minifigs and minifig accessories are all that matter to me, obviously I want a nice build but if theres no new torsos/legs and tools (dreaming) I can probably just build it from my existing collection.

I do agree the space CMF and majistos gwp were disappointing, but CMF 25 on the other hand looks very promising so I'm hopeful. I think my biggest hope is that they give us the dragon knight torso (or another new one), not just another Lion Knight which we all have plenty of by now I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do hope for a new or returning color of horse, while there are 3 currently available (brown, tan and dark orange), the white horse is in production with a different print in a marvel set (as a unicorn with no bridle) , black has not been made in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeriXeri said:

I do hope for a new or returning color of horse, while there are 3 currently available (brown, tan and dark orange), the white horse is in production with a different print in a marvel set (as a unicorn with no bridle) , black has not been made in a while.

Black and white need to come back, but they at least exist (and can be purchased on BrickLink); I want to see an entirely new colour, such as dark tan, dark brown, grey, etc! 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.