BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Even you just said they could easily make the mold, then why not when it's so popular and yet they keep cranking out new molds.  Explain to me how they made the sheep mold recently and why couldn't just make the goat mold and throw it in a city farm set like they did with the sheep.  They literally put a koala bear mold in the cmf.  They make new molds all the time all I'm saying is they can make the goat it's not like there is some mystical force field around the goat that is preventing them from making it.  

Because as I have previously speculated, the goat was likely included in the original plan for the Lion Knights' Castle before the village part was split off (which would make it one of the first animals in the recent uptick in new animals) and now that Lego have a village coming, and the goat is going to be in it, they don't need to introduce it. Internally the goat 'exists', so to speak. You're right: there is no mystical force field around the goat. There is a bit of a mythos among AFOLs, though. Because of the history of the goat, Lego are holding off to release it in a set where it'll have the most impact. Who knows, maybe when the village is out, they'll release cheaper sets with goats in.

And why would goats be thrown in a Farm set? Unlike sheep, they're not in the A tier of farm animals.

But here's the thing: I've already said all this. It's been done to death. You raised economics as a separate point, but that's not the be-all and end-all. There is both an economic argument (that moulds do cost money) and a separate argument that Lego are waiting to release the goat at the right time. I'm not sure why you're acting like nobody is making any argument other than the economic one, when people are just replying to your comments.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe there is no village, or there is no goat in it. But from what we know and the rumours that exist, it seems likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

Maybe there is no village, or there is no goat in it. 

Ah, Schrödinger’s goat.

Maybe it will be a chase figure, in gold, and only in one in every 100 sets.

I honestly think part of me is going to be sad when the goat is no longer of mythical status. In so many ways it’s one of the most obvious animals for Lego to produce, as goats are universally known and kept. Though obviously they are not first in line in the standard Old MacDonald farm repertoire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, williejm said:

I honestly think part of me is going to be sad when the goat is no longer of mythical status

It is going to be a bittersweet moment for sure:laugh: This set is on top of my list over sets I want Lego to make and I desperately hope it comes for sale soon, however the legend of the goat will die with it :cry_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

It is going to be a bittersweet moment for sure:laugh: This set is on top of my list over sets I want Lego to make and I desperately hope it comes for sale soon, however the legend of the goat will die with it :cry_happy:

Just watch them turn it into a Creator 3 in 1 set, and so there is a brick-built goat...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The goat will be done Friends style...

I'll never forget the buzz around Elves and everyone wanting it to be Middle Earth Minifigures and I joked at the time that it would be Friends...

...it was a good theme but not the Eleven minifigures that the historic forums desired.

Edited by The_Cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This goat discussion has waded into the territory of madness. 
 

At this point, I don’t care about the stupid goat, I just want this set to actually happen. Civilian-focused medieval setting done in modern style sounds like a dream set and the fuzzy prelim photo has a ton of promise and would be the best set of this kind that we’ve ever gotten, with or without a goat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

At this point, I don’t care about the stupid goat, I just want this set to actually happen. Civilian-focused medieval setting done in modern style sounds like a dream set and the fuzzy prelim photo has a ton of promise and would be the best set of this kind that we’ve ever gotten, with or without a goat. 

Shhh, don’t say “spid” in front of goat or they will charge toward ya. 

Joke aside,I agree. I want some citizens’ Middle Age village. And there will be a Viking village set later this year. I can’t wait to get both in different time periods, how cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, williejm said:

I honestly think part of me is going to be sad when the goat is no longer of mythical status.

Careful what you say! There's still time for Lego to remove the goat from the set and keep it in hiding for another ten years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

This goat discussion has waded into the territory of madness. 
 

At this point, I don’t care about the stupid goat, I just want this set to actually happen. Civilian-focused medieval setting done in modern style sounds like a dream set and the fuzzy prelim photo has a ton of promise and would be the best set of this kind that we’ve ever gotten, with or without a goat. 

Yeah, I don't care about the goat either. It's one of the least interesting animals. I'd rather see the cow and horse produced in more traditional colors again. I'd love them to bring back the white and black horse and have the cow made in white with black spots.

And if the goat does return, by any objective standards, it will be one of the least interesting things about this set. We've gotten extremely few civilian themed castle sets ever since the beginning, so basically everything about this is more interesting than a goat.

I would say welcome a new goat, but I could think of dozens, or even hundreds of parts I would rather see return than the goat. How about those trans yellow plates, huh? Or better plumes, or castle doors... I could go on for hours. All of these things would be more interesting than a goat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirBlake said:

This goat discussion has waded into the territory of madness. 
At this point, I don’t care about the stupid goat, I just want this set to actually happen...

Ooh. It's not going to be brick-built. It's not going to be Friends. It's going to be a village for Fauns... :laugh:

1024px-Faun_(PSF).png

We'll get goat minifigure legs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Ooh. It's not going to be brick-built. It's not going to be Friends. It's going to be a village for Fauns... :laugh:

1024px-Faun_(PSF).png

We'll get goat minifigure legs.

That's funny.  I actually do hope they make the faun legs in different colors.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoth33 said:

That's funny.  I actually do hope they make the faun legs in different colors.  

Yeah that fauna legs haven’t been seen since 2016 or 2017 (they showed up in CMF). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lion King said:

Yeah that fauna legs haven’t been seen since 2016 or 2017 (they showed up in CMF). 

Yeah I have 6 or 7 of then but legs are useful.  they also used the legs for stripe from Gremlins, just in green.  So there are 2 different colors out there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, williejm said:

Ah, Schrödinger’s goat.

Maybe it will be a chase figure, in gold, and only in one in every 100 sets.

I honestly think part of me is going to be sad when the goat is no longer of mythical status. In so many ways it’s one of the most obvious animals for Lego to produce, as goats are universally known and kept. Though obviously they are not first in line in the standard Old MacDonald farm repertoire. 

Don’t give them ideas.  Part x only available randomly in a limited number of sets and not available on PAB.  Each set $300.  I could live without a goat.  But if they did it with forestmen.  One available each set in randomly different colors that might bankrupt me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Yeah I have 6 or 7 of then but legs are useful.  they also used the legs for stripe from Gremlins, just in green.  So there are 2 different colors out there.  

It was also used for the Demogorgon from Stranger Things, though in that case it had printed wrinkles and claws so less useful for fauns specifically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

It was also used for the Demogorgon from Stranger Things, though in that case it had printed wrinkles and claws so less useful for fauns specifically.

I forgot about that one.  Yeah there is some specific printing on that one that would make it hard to incorporate with certain minifigs.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Just watch them turn it into a Creator 3 in 1 set, and so there is a brick-built goat...

If that happens I would rather they never release the set, Creator 3 in 1 means no new minifigs and no animal moulds so the set would be useless to me :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lyichir said:

It was also used for the Demogorgon from Stranger Things, though in that case it had printed wrinkles and claws so less useful for fauns specifically.

And the Flying Monkeys in TLM2, and most recently the werewolf version of Professor Lupin in the Shrieking Shack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing concrete but Brick Clickers video yesterday mentioned the medieval village happening in 2024 and including a goat.

He made the point Lego’s been remaking iconic sets for a few years now so this would be the next in that line.

But other than that there wasn’t anything new, so who knows if he was just going off that focus group leak/this thread or if he has more reliable information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, woodford86 said:

Nothing concrete but Brick Clickers video yesterday mentioned the medieval village happening in 2024 and including a goat.

He made the point Lego’s been remaking iconic sets for a few years now so this would be the next in that line.

But other than that there wasn’t anything new, so who knows if he was just going off that focus group leak/this thread or if he has more reliable information?

I think Brick Clicker posted this video because at this time of the year we are a bit in the bottom of the wave regarding leaks. He focuses on the famous massive leak of this beginning of the year but as you say we don't know if he confirms them or if he is just summarizing what we already know (we can see that there is a goat from the beginning in the center of the prototype model).

I'm not sure if the Medieval Market is to be included in the "remakes / reboots of iconic sets line", not that this one isn't iconic enough, but It is more as a side project of the castle that was put aside for reasons budgets. Of course, its release is an opportunity to pay tribute to the set 10193 released in 2009. But maybe I'm wrong because we can see that this new medieval market includes what looks like remake of the 6067 Guarded Inn. Maybe things don't have to be so strict after all.

For me there are two possibilities:
- or the future medieval market will cohabit with the release of a "true" new remake of a classic set that we ignore yet; 
- or there will be no new remake in 2024 and the release of the medieval market is kind of a disguised way to release the remake of a "classic set", but they had better produce a pretty yellow vintage packaging in this case, which I doubt because the first medieval market is too recent to have benefited from such an honor ! ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh this set includes a goat? Good. This will serve us (animal fans, not Castle ones) justice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Oh this set includes a goat? Good. This will serve us (animal fans, not Castle ones) justice!

The blurry picture of the leaked model shows us that it seems to contain not only a goat but quite a lot of animals!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khargeust said:

The blurry picture of the leaked model shows us that it seems to contain not only a goat but quite a lot of animals!

That’s also a great deal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, Khargeust said:

I think Brick Clicker posted this video because at this time of the year we are a bit in the bottom of the wave regarding leaks. He focuses on the famous massive leak of this beginning of the year but as you say we don't know if he confirms them or if he is just summarizing what we already know (we can see that there is a goat from the beginning in the center of the prototype model).

That was my impression also, but if no new information has come up we basically do not know if a single of of those set from the survey will ever be released. As song as we get this set I do not mind getting the rest, however if one of the others are confirmed then the chance of us getting this increases a lot :shrug_oh_well:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

That was my impression also, but if no new information has come up we basically do not know if a single of of those set from the survey will ever be released. As song as we get this set I do not mind getting the rest, however if one of the others are confirmed then the chance of us getting this increases a lot :shrug_oh_well:

I want to believe that if @Brick Clicker persists in relaying these informations, it does not do so without having some guarantee that the leaks are founded and therefore that the survey sets will really come out one day or another.
But maybe I'm wrong and it's just about surfing the buzz and getting views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.