VaneStream

I fed an AI image generator with Lego pirate prompts and this is what happened... (lots of images)

Recently I stumbled upon the trend of AI generated images, which seem to be all the rage at the moment. I thought I'd try it out with Lego pirate prompts to see what would happen. I found it interesting and lots of fun, so I thought I'd share some of the images.

Of course the images are far away from any official Lego and the MOCs wouldn't actually work, what with unexisting pieces or just plain weird conglomerates of Lego shapes. Nevertheless I found it very interesting and inspiring.

To try it out yourself, go to https://stablediffusionweb.com and add your prompt, wait a couple seconds and AI will generate images. Perhaps this can be a thread for anyone to share AI generated pirate pictures. I'd love to see what happens! :pir-classic:

Let's keep it simple at first, with a simple prompt:

Prompt: Lego pirate

52660973025_cbee82084b_d.jpg

Definitely recognizable as legoish figures, interesting hats.

Prompt: lego kraken pirate impressionist

52660811914_5278c730ba_d.jpg

You can see the Jack Sparrow influence here in my opinion, which is the case for a number of the following figures.

Prompt: Lego pirate ship black pearl

52660812004_994de807ab_d.jpg

Prompt: Lego pirate dystopia dark

52660029742_3ff52a2c96_d.jpg

If you squint this actually looks like it could be a set :pir-laugh:

Prompt: lego kraken pirate impressionist

52660528596_cda240ed57_d.jpg

I really like this, feels like a mix between an island and a ship.

52660972985_1fbf4d99e1_d.jpg

I love the black hull of this one, although it would not really be possible to pull off this exact look with lego.

Now for some more minifigs:

Prompt: lego pirate dystopian dark acrylic blackbeard moc fort

52660811889_2a33be776f_d.jpg

no fort turned up in the picture, but I really like this "Blackbeard" nonetheless, cool hat, beard and face. I wonder what that weird squiggly stuff on the right is though.

Prompt: lego kraken pirate

52661019838_ee9cc06e85_d.jpg

Not what I was expecting with the prompt, but I love it. One of my favourite images.

Prompt: lego pirate ship 1970s

52661019883_f0cae188d3_d.jpg

Quite a stylish ship here.

Prompt: lego bluecoat fort caribbean sea

52661019888_ebd5bfd31a_d.jpg

I had quite a hard time trying to get the Ai to create a fort, this was the first picture that kind of works.

Prompt: Lego pirate dystopia dark acrylic

52661019908_812fec110d_d.jpg

A great female pirate figure, I love the colour scheme on this.

Prompt: Lego pirate dystopia dark acrylic

52661019913_17d8072b65_d.jpg

Definitely Jack Sparrow vibes here. I like this image.

Prompt: Can't remember

52660029862_0bd87a5144_d.jpg

A funky hat on this one. The hats make me wish Lego would make a wider variety of pirate suitable hats.

Prompt: lego pirate dystopian dark acrylic blackbeard moc

52661019938_e89e4e5c6a_d.jpg

I love the beard.

And lastly...

Prompt: lego pirate dystopian dark acrylic blackbeard

52661019958_ab2b6a6060_d.jpg

I love the over the top hat on the figure on the right and the shirt of the one on the left is pretty stylish.

What do you think? I'd find it fun if others try out the website ( https://stablediffusionweb.com ), experimented with prompts and posted cool images in this thread.

Edited by VaneStream

1 hour ago, VaneStream said:

What do you think?

I think these AI art generators would be better if they didn't produce such abstract interpretations of LEGO.

What do you think? I'd find it fun if others try out the website ( https://stablediffusionweb.com ), experimented with prompts and posted cool images in this thread. 

I've been doing this weeks and just not sharing the results!

The first time I attempted it, I got this...

Mister_Phes_lego_pirate_on_a_beach_at_night_under_full_moon_and_01aabf38-5c48-4d0b-8b04-a3f21ff965d1.png

And here's me ship!

Mister_Phes_lego_pirate_ship_attacking_lego_eldorado_fortress_w_3940dd46-3d07-43a3-ad52-de2bda6ab96a.png

17 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I've been doing this weeks and just not sharing the results!

The first time I attempted it, I got this...

Could have guessed that others have been doing it for a while now:pir_laugh2:.

Wow, the pictures you posted look incredible! I love the colours and they've really captured a great mood. Great idea to include a moon and a night time atmosphere.

17 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

I think these AI art generators would be better if they didn't produce such abstract interpretations of LEGO. 

There's definitely some weird stuff going on :pir-grin:.

Could have guessed that others have been doing it for a while now:pir_laugh2:.

Only the crazy LEGO Pirate fanatics like me who don't stop thinking about LEGO Pirates! :pir-grin:

There's definitely some weird stuff going on :pir-grin:.

It seems to depend on the AI Generator.

The Discord based MidJourney has produced the best results for me in terms of realism.

Here's what it gave when I asked for an "18th century British red coat with a tricorne"

Mister_Phes_lego_18th_century_british_red_coat_in_tricorne_with_2eb9871d-8dd7-4afa-bad0-3047ecb9e740_png.png

Mister_Phes_lego_18th_century_british_red_coat_in_tricorne_with_c1e1a77c-ad97-4d19-a25a-8248736001f4.png

Wow, they look impressive! I haven't tried other generators yet. For these ones even the fabric of the cloth cape looks quite real. With lego figs not having noses at all the ones on these figures really stand out :pir-laugh:

3 hours ago, VaneStream said:

Wow, they look impressive! I haven't tried other generators yet.

They all seem to produce different results, but most of them are abstract.

I tried feeding one scans from some late 80s/early 90s LEGO catalogs to see if that helped improve the realism...

lego-pirate-catalog_fmf1E1KB_upscaled-scaled.jpg

lego-pirate-catalog_lOZTXrBZ_upscaled-scaled.jpg

lego-pirate-catalog-photo-realistic_9IwmDS41_upscaled-scaled.jpg

So the individual images I can handle, but the AI generating a whole product lineup with ships and logos is a little unnerving to me. :laugh:

1 hour ago, TalonCard said:

So the individual images I can handle, but the AI generating a whole product lineup with ships and logos is a little unnerving to me. :laugh:

Just remember... he comes to you while you're asleep...

progress_image_100_cdf41c1b-8de2-407b-a134-490081e0e1ad.png

I was playing around with both, Stable Diffusion and MidJourney, but i must say, i got nowhere near any useful output when it comes to Lego Pirates :pir_laugh2:

On 2/4/2023 at 3:21 AM, Yperio_Bricks said:

I was playing around with both, Stable Diffusion and MidJourney, but i must say, i got nowhere near any useful output when it comes to Lego Pirates :pir_laugh2:

Nonetheless, got anything really abstract to share?

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Nonetheless, got anything really abstract to share?

Sorry, i didn't save any of the pictures. None of them was useful as inspiration for a Lego build. I'll go back to historic paintings :pir_laugh2: Though MidJourney created some good results when i was looking for pirate themed stuff without mentioning Lego :pir_laugh2:

I'm interested if AI is capable of making classic backgrounds for MOCs like in the old pirates sets.

Example:

lego-6285.jpg.9b3ac51f0e13ae6b808f04f51646a45e.jpg

Anyone tried this?

2 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

I'm interested if AI is capable of making classic backgrounds for MOCs like in the old pirates sets.

If only they could produce something useful! :pir-grin:

The AI don't know what Lego is :pir_laugh2:

And as you can see on the pictures below, it can not seperate ships from buildings in the source material and the output shows things mixed up.

It is more useful to create some general non-Lego artwork for inspiration (Midjourney output basically always looks like some videogame artwork imo).

Midjourney AI; Prompts: lego pirates colonial port town

yperio_lego_pirates_cxaijg.jpg

yperio_lego_pirates_cc5d2c.jpg

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The AI don't know what Lego is :pir_laugh2:

And as you can see on the pictures below, it can not seperate ships from buildings in the source material and the output shows things mixed up.

It is more useful to create some general non-Lego artwork for inspiration (Midjourney output basically always looks like some videogame artwork imo).

Midjourney AI; Prompts: lego pirates colonial port town

yperio_lego_pirates_cxaijg.jpg

Even tho the A.I has some issues some of those look pretty sweet if you use your imagination to fix the mistakes and fill in the blanks and could serve as inspiration for MOCs, I have a feeling these A.I generated pics are the closest we're gonna get to seeing new Lego Pirate sets so thank you for sharing with us matey! :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

In my experience, while not perfect Midjourney was perhaps the most capable of realistically generating LEGO Pirates.

Here are some more. The one pirate island looks very atmospheric :thumbup:

Prompts: lego pirates small island outpost

yperio_lego_pirates_s6scts.jpg

yperio_lego_pirates_svdezi.jpg

Prompts: lego 1700 spanish colonial fortress at the coast

Where is the coast?? :pir_laugh2:

yperio_lego_1700_span4xiym.jpg

yperio_lego_1700_span69iip.jpg

yperio_lego_1700_span5yidj.jpg

Prompts: portrait of a lego pirate captain with a black beard and a tricorn

yperio_portrait_of_a_rvie5.jpg

Wow, I am very impressed by some of the results from midjourney. Some of those pirate island outposts have a fantastic colour scheme and just work as a whole, rounded model (even though it's probably best not to look too closely at what some of the elements are supposed to be.

The figures make me wish lego would create more beard, hair and hat pieces!

4 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I wanted to try this out myself : 

These look a lot less abstract than my efforts!

Which AI generator did you use?