tongesbricks

[LEGO IDEAS] Return to Sabre Island

9 hours ago, tongesbricks said:

Amazing!! Thank you. I really should add a monkey... I'll have to see which pieces I can remove to squeeze one in :)

:pir_laugh2: :thumbup:

I haven't visited this site for a long time, and now that I visited it I immediately clicked on this thread seeing it on the front page.

Your MOC is amazing Tongesbricks! I The design overall and all the details both on the exterior and in the interiors are beautiful.

I love the addition of the cave under the watchtower. It's very "piraty" :)

On 1/29/2023 at 9:30 AM, tongesbricks said:

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the forum. Hopefully, I'm doing it right.

You've done it very right! :pir-thumb:

Let's write a blog post for this marvelous creation!

31 minutes ago, tongesbricks said:

Thanks for the support, Vdog and Mister Phes!!!

Now that I've been going through all the content in more detail, I'm thoroughly impressed that this is your first  Bricklink Studio build.

Thanks! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm used to using design tools like Illustrator, Photoshop and Figma, so this felt relatively familiar (albeit with another axis being 3D!). Things like panning, zooming, and keyboard shortcuts felt intuitive. I only wish I knew about selecting all pieces by color, or by part and color, earlier ;)

Mikey J Productions is going to review it soon too! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3pVqX9CVHsL9xkeEl-H3GA

I'll see if I can generate more renders showing some of the different building techniques.

Also - I'm very keen to do another Studio build soon! Probably more for enjoyment than Lego Ideas, so I don't have the piece limit constraints.

Edited by tongesbricks

Amazing!!! Thanks for the write-up. Great to hear your commentary and thoughts on the set. P.s. It's pronounced 'tongs'... like the Aussie BBQ tongs :)

4 hours ago, tongesbricks said:

Amazing!!! Thanks for the write-up. Great to hear your commentary and thoughts on the set. P.s. It's pronounced 'tongs'... like the Aussie BBQ tongs :)

Actually, you provided us with so much content we wrote two blog posts, the second post has all the Work In Progress material.

We'll publish that at some point in the future, probably when your LEGO Ideas submission exceeds 5,000 supporters and we need to give it a little push to send it on its way to 10K. :pir-wink:

1 hour ago, Albrick said:

You already have my support but sets like this should be voted twice! :laugh:

Only twice? :pir-grin:

This is wonderful. I love the additional story that you’ve added with your techniques and details while staying true to the vibe found w/ original set. Each building’s distinctive own style roofs make me think about how fun this would to build!

Edited by Supersick_

If this doesn't make it through - and I wish very much that it does - do you have any plans to sell instructions? I'd just like to own the thing, frankly. Sabre Island was always my second favorite pirate set - and this feels like it had a baby with Lagoon Lockup (my all-timer). 

Unfortunately, it looks like Lego's jumped ahead with a rehash of Eldorado Fortress so my idea might be dead in the water! I don't have plans to sell the instructions at this stage. I'm still keen to get all of the parts and build it in real life. If I do - I'll share the photos here!

On 6/17/2023 at 1:55 AM, tongesbricks said:

Unfortunately, it looks like Lego's jumped ahead with a rehash of Eldorado Fortress so my idea might be dead in the water!

TLG's jumped anywhere BUT ahead with their take on Eldorado Fortress, m8, actually making your idea much more worthwhile in comparison :pir-thumb: Quite frankly, 10320 looks like a parody compared to such a well thought out & advanced MOC like yours, lad, so heads up :pir-wink: 

Ehhh, imagine if Lego released this set instead of the Eldorado remake :/