Alpha Bernini

[CSE] Beryllium Buzzard

Hi, this is my entry to the Classic Space Era Spaceship Contest. 

The spaceship is about 39 studs long (including the antennas) and about 38 studs wide.

The Beryllium Buzzard is a prospecting vessel in charge of mapping remote celestial bodys, focussing on deposits of natural resources.

52652959149_818d0ca9b4_z.jpg

52652959214_f8d6367f6f_z.jpg

52652194552_b3cd2a7e97_z.jpg

52652685021_27ecbd394e_z.jpg

52652684956_e154925dda_z.jpg

52652684926_4f4cce9228_z.jpg

The secondary vehicle is a Space ArachnoMobil, perfect for excursions on raw surfaces of asteroids, moons and uninhabited planets.
It can be hung up magnetically at the ship’s middle section.

52653125115_c4b8784255_w.jpg

52652684796_4c70c03b71_z.jpg

The front section contains two decks:

Pilot’s and navigator’s seats on the upper deck,
scientific workstations and vidiyo communication on the lower deck. 

The upper deck is connected by clips and can be removed:

52652684891_e7a6a8ed74_z.jpg

52652684821_b9e6b2381d_z.jpg

The crew from left to right:

Yeboah: Pilot, adrenaline, music.
She gets you safely to every imaginable unstable dusty rock out there. And picks you up performing the most dramatic flight maneuver you’ve ever seen. 

Khan: Captain, communication, coffee.
Like his infamous ancestor, he leads the crew with a rough hand and great passion. He often needs his diplomatic skills, e. g. when local leaders lay claim on "their" asteroid fields.

Kowalski: Security, navigation.
He usually serves as copilot and navigator. Always keeps a nervous eye on the surroundings.

Da Silva: Science, tech, outdoors.
She does all the cool spacewalks, rides the ArachnoMobil and analyzes the dust samples. Outsiders think her job is the best one.

You might wonder, why the ship contains 5 workstations, while there are only 4 crew members.
The sad truth is that I only have 4 M:tron-minifigs Crewman Five tragically died on the latest outdoor mission, just to reinforce the situation’s hazardousness ;P

Thanks for reading/watching! I hope you like this little exploration ship :)

Edited by Alpha Bernini

On 1/28/2023 at 1:35 PM, JackJonespaw said:

Love the shaping of this! It's so dynamic and interesting to look at - so many nice little details.

Thank you very much :)

I love this model but surely promoting just this one on the front page when it’s part of an ongoing competition is wrong?

38 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I love this model but surely promoting just this one on the front page when it’s part of an ongoing competition is wrong?

It's at least the third entry we've put on the frontpage, and the contest runs for another nearly three weeks. Drives interest in and exposure for the contest in general, which is good for all the entries. That's the aim, anyway.

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

It's at least the third entry we've put on the frontpage, and the contest runs for another nearly three weeks. Drives interest in and exposure for the contest in general, which is good for all the entries. That's the aim, anyway.

Just shows I need to check the homepage more often. 🤣 some great entries so far

Interesting shape. From the first picture, the top view, I was expecting a sleek fighter like craft. I was presently surprised. Good M-Tron ship.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:39 AM, Viper Knight said:

I was thinking to say the exact same thing.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:59 AM, Henchmen4Hire said:

Looks like a ship that could fly straight out of the Steredenn video game, awesome

On 1/30/2023 at 7:23 AM, Third Navigator said:

White stripe you made, in her red hull looks impressive. also I think her bow design looks cool, compact

good job

On 1/30/2023 at 4:27 PM, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting shape. From the first picture, the top view, I was expecting a sleek fighter like craft. I was presently surprised. Good M-Tron ship.

Thank you very much :)

On 1/30/2023 at 11:58 AM, Seasider said:

Thank you, I’m happy you like my ship :) Although I’m personally happy that my moc got featured on the front page, I understand your thought that this might be unfair, as long as the contest is open.

On 2/2/2023 at 12:53 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Great spaceship! And I love the ArachnoMobil too!

On 2/2/2023 at 2:28 AM, Operacion Saturno said:

It even has magnets! well done!

I love the spider!

On 2/9/2023 at 6:55 AM, jkupitz79 said:

Well done! By far my favorite secondary vehicle. I wish I'd thought of it!

Thanks, guys! I’m happy you like my ship and also the ArachnoMobil :)

On 2/12/2023 at 7:34 PM, JulianH said:

Very cool design and great story telling in the pictures!

23 hours ago, EamonnMR said:

This chunky utilitarian craft really nails what M-Tron is about, great job!

Thank you :)

Great amount of interior space in this impressive craft! Your combination of windscreens for the main canopy looks terrific, as do the chunky intakes.
Magnets are always the ultimate for cargo transport in my mind, and the arachnomobil is a clever twist on the usual ground vehicles :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6