Hi,

I downloaded Mindstorm EV3 Home Edition, Went to try and upload the ball cleaner file.  All selections in the tools tab are grayed out except the Firmware update.  I updated the Firmware to 1.09H.  Problem is it keeps asking me to update firmware, and all selections in the tools tab are stilll graed out.  Any ideas or suggestions on how to advance beyond this?

OK - I think I figured that out - Next question is how do I import a file into the EV3?

1 hour ago, Fyredog said:

Next question is how do I import a file into the EV3?

File -> open project

6 minutes ago, Fyredog said:

Sweet - Thank you - I have a lot to learn - at least I had put it into the correct folder.

No, there is need fror a specific folder. The normal OS "open File" dialog is used.

Are the help fiels not included in you package?

I'm sure they are - I just need to start fiddling with everything.  I realized There was a home version - I first had the educational version.  I see you can use Micropython too.  I figure that studying these pre-progammed modules will help me learn how to program my own stuff.

Is it "labview"? Where do you find Micropython there?

Edited by Lok24

I think it works through labview in a way and using an SD in The EV3 - I haven't fully read up on it yet. 

Try this Link:

https://pybricks.com/ev3-micropython/

I bought a bad Lipo pack - I'm going to see if I can dissect it so all I need is the AC adapter to plug into the shell and use the contacts as the connection points, or maybe even replace the Lipo inside.

34 minutes ago, Fyredog said:

I bought a bad Lipo pack - I'm going to see if I can dissect it so all I need is the AC adapter to plug into the shell and use the contacts as the connection points, or maybe even replace the Lipo inside.

Cool! That ought to be possible one way or another

6 hours ago, Fyredog said:

I know that, but that has nothing to do with the LEGO Mindstorms Software (which should be LABVIEW).
You can use a dozen of laguages and packages on the EV3. like, Ptyhon, like C++, like Java.....