technicboi

Lego banning me from missing bricks and pieces

Hi forum,

I recently got banned on the lego missing bricks and pieces, i only had one order before that (i had a linear actuator missing from my 42121 set) and then i made another one a couple weeks later for one 32054 (the bush was cracked when it came in my newest set) and then i got the email saying i was banned. I dont know why i was banned, some feedback on what to do would be helpful. Thanks.

Just call them. My experience with them in the Netherlands is that they are very customer friendly. I guess some AI network might have been 'at large' and thought you were 'cheating' maybe or?! Keep us updated of course!

They've gotten really pissy towards customers at B&P. They will cancel even the simplest order for defective or missing and you have contact them again and appeal your case.

Mylenium

I'm not sure I would have complained over a technic bush piece worth a penny but then I have plenty of spares. Was it actually cracked when you opened the set?

Give 'em a call.  Email, text, blah blah ... still does not replace good ol' human interaction.  You can convey your situation so much better.  Offer to send pics, etc.  

5 hours ago, MAB said:

I'm not sure I would have complained over a technic bush piece worth a penny but then I have plenty of spares. Was it actually cracked when you opened the set?

Yes it was. The light grey ones often have that problem (at least for me)

6 hours ago, MAB said:

Personally I probably would have emailed them about it, specifically stating I don't need a replacement. I think it is important for them to know if there are quality issues and customer reporting is a big part of this

On 1/24/2023 at 1:03 PM, JopieK said:

Just call them. My experience with them in the Netherlands is that they are very customer friendly. I guess some AI network might have been 'at large' and thought you were 'cheating' maybe or?! Keep us updated of course!

Im not sure, i think if you have an expensive part missing from your order, the AI thinks you are trying to cheat the system to expand your collection. 

My brother in law had a broken Duplo train (a niece/nephew (I don't remember which one ;) dropped it accidentally in a bucket of water). I advised them to call LEGO NL. They had it replaced for free. Happened to me a few years ago (also with a Duplo train). I had the locomotive that was pre-released. It had some firmware issue, I got a whole new Coding express set from them (I didn't contact them but they even contacted me as I reported the issue here at EB). Occasionally some part is damaged or missing and it worked out for me. So I only have positive experiences, maybe they are more 'on edge' in the US but in NL the service always has been very great in my experience.

On the Land Rover, I was missing an 8t gear and a couple other pieces. It is frustrating having to stop a build and wait for Lego to respond, then ship out the part(s), but eventually (about two weeks later) the parts showed up. In the meantime, I visited the local Lego store and they were able to supply the gear and one of the other missing structural parts, so I was at least able the complete the build (other parts were cosmetic).

Banning a customer seems a bit harsh. Every story has two sides, and perhaps as someone suggested, an AI program said the electronic equivalent of "something's going on with this guy". Still, I would try contacting a live body and pleading my case. And remember you get more when you are courteous and polite.

I just finished building the treehouse, and the only missing piece appeared on the first bag! Instead of a LBG "4x4 modified plate" (64799), they put a DBG "4x4 corner" (2639).

Since i'm been busy and I had bunch of stock of the missing part from a previous B&P order for some of my trains that my kids lost, I haven't bothered to mail them. I may not even do that, now that I read about your experience!

64799[1].png

2639[1].png

Not a good sign with Lego's noticeably worst quality control... I literally had to grab my knife to shave off excess plastic around the injection molds on some pieces on a recent new set.

Ultimately Lego has an incentive to ban people from replacement parts, as it's probably a significant expense requiring high shipping costs and expensive labour since it's not done by machines. Lego saves costs by cutting down on quality control and banning people from ordering replacement parts... it's a win-win for the company.

Edited by LegendaryArticuno

I am not able to find out the related news article but a few years ago someone from Hong Kong falsely claimed to have missing pieces and parts by a lot of different accounts or emails and at the end of the day, he built a Titanic or something great (I forget) with all the pieces that claimed from the Lego Group, and then showed off his work in the social network and proudly talked about his tricks on the Lego Group. It shocked the public and since then Lego reviewed and largely restricted their policies on replacement of missing pieces.

Edited by ks6349

7 hours ago, ks6349 said:

I am not able to find out the related news article but a few years ago someone from Hong Kong falsely claimed to have missing pieces and parts by a lot of different accounts or emails and at the end of the day, he built a Titanic or something great (I forget) with all the pieces that claimed from the Lego Group, and then showed off his work in the social network and proudly talked about his tricks on the Lego Group. It shocked the public and since then Lego reviewed and largely restricted their policies on replacement of missing pieces.

Sounds a bit like an urban myth.

1 hour ago, Jdrewg said:

It's fact, truth, widely accepted. Unfortunately, it has been years, I am not able to find out the related news.

1 hour ago, Jdrewg said:

Everything on reddit, facebook, etc is fact, truth, widely accepted. :-)

5 hours ago, ks6349 said:

It's fact, truth, widely accepted. Unfortunately, it has been years, I am not able to find out the related news.

Widely. So widely it can't be found.

4 hours ago, Jdrewg said:

Widely. So widely it can't be found.

At the end of the day it can be found if one insists to search for it, but I don't need to waste this time and effort to convince you of a fact.

8 hours ago, ks6349 said:

At the end of the day it can be found if one insists to search for it, but I don't need to waste this time and effort to convince you of a fact.

It isnt a fact, even if the post exists. Just because someone posts something does not mean it is true.

I have tried, admittedly a brief search, and nothing comes up. You'd expect someone like that to be shared widely, and you've said it was, so it should be very easy to find.

The face that you can't remember what was built doesn't help with the search, but also detracts from your story further.

Great urban myth though.

2 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I have tried, admittedly a brief search, and nothing comes up. You'd expect someone like that to be shared widely, and you've said it was, so it should be very easy to find.

The face that you can't remember what was built doesn't help with the search, but also detracts from your story further.

Great urban myth though.

No, he built a Titanic! Must've been a few orders.

2 hours ago, Jdrewg said:

No, he built a Titanic! Must've been a few orders.

If the story was that he built a Titanic, using the current LEGO Titanic model, then it would have happened within the last 18 months. And yet no one on this forum can recall it happening, and it's not coming up in search (that a relatively recent story would do), and it would be 9000 pieces, which, if you assume a sensible maximum of 30 pieces per missing parts order, would be 300 missing pieces orders, all in a relatively short time, to a relatively small geographic area, requiring not only hundreds of email addresses and accounts (easy enough to deal with), but also hundreds of different addresses to mail the parts to?

There is no universe in which this looks plausible. But if you can find the reports of it, then I would be delighted to read them.

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

If the story was that he built a Titanic, using the current LEGO Titanic model, then it would have happened within the last 18 months. And yet no one on this forum can recall it happening, and it's not coming up in search (that a relatively recent story would do), and it would be 9000 pieces, which, if you assume a sensible maximum of 30 pieces per missing parts order, would be 300 missing pieces orders, all in a relatively short time, to a relatively small geographic area, requiring not only hundreds of email addresses and accounts (easy enough to deal with), but also hundreds of different addresses to mail the parts to?

There is no universe in which this looks plausible. But if you can find the reports of it, then I would be delighted to read them.

Wasn't me! 

On 3/9/2023 at 6:26 AM, LegendaryArticuno said:

Not a good sign with Lego's noticeably worst quality control... I literally had to grab my knife to shave off excess plastic around the injection molds on some pieces on a recent new set.

Ultimately Lego has an incentive to ban people from replacement parts, as it's probably a significant expense requiring high shipping costs and expensive labour since it's not done by machines. Lego saves costs by cutting down on quality control and banning people from ordering replacement parts... it's a win-win for the company.

I bought a lot new set recently and never had to use knife, once... This is definitely weird..