LM71Blackbird

[GOC] ETTC Warehouse, Stormhaven

ETTC Warehouse, Stormhaven

In early 622, Major Brickford landed in Stormhaven after being blown off course in a storm while on his way to Spudkirk from Terraversa. While there he setup a headquarters for the ETTC (East Terran Trade Company) and left behind a few Sepoys that volunteered to set up the ETTC with a presence in the settlement.

52644813412_07c1f2e4ba_c.jpgWarehouse 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Since that first landing, a company of ETTC Marines have been sent in to assist the setup process. Not far from the ETTC office, a warehouse has been procured for storing goods before they head inland.

52645323276_5675256679_c.jpgWarehouse 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

-----------------------------------

My second entry for GOC task 12: Mangrove Madness. Building to be licensed as a small commerce by the ETTC. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking! 

@Ayrlego @Bregir @evancelt @SilentWolf @Captain Dee

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Nice little diorama! I like the scenery by the water with the trees and plants. The jetty with the warehouse built on piles looks good. The whole has been built with many beautiful details.

I like the level of detail packed into a somewhat small and simple build. Great colours and neatly presented as well. You should build in Stormhaven more often, this style definitely seems to suit you! :thumbup: for GoC

Where are those muskets from?

A lovely little Stormhaven built, and very tightly packed with lots of ongoings for such a small footprint. The wall technique is great for Stormhaven, and it all feels very "close", as I imagine the mangroves of Stormhaven should.

One thing to consider for future builds would be not to have everything quite so square. It can be hard to achieve in general, and in particular on such a small footprint, but I find it is often worth the effort.

That's for consideration for the future, though - definitely a :thumbup: from me for GoH.

2 hours ago, NOD said:

Nice little diorama! I like the scenery by the water with the trees and plants. The jetty with the warehouse built on piles looks good. The whole has been built with many beautiful details.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

I like the level of detail packed into a somewhat small and simple build. Great colours and neatly presented as well. You should build in Stormhaven more often, this style definitely seems to suit you! :thumbup: for GoC

Thanks! I have at least a total of 6 builds I want to do in Stormhaven for the ETTC, so this is certainly not my last!

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Where are those muskets from?

A lovely little Stormhaven built, and very tightly packed with lots of ongoings for such a small footprint. The wall technique is great for Stormhaven, and it all feels very "close", as I imagine the mangroves of Stormhaven should.

One thing to consider for future builds would be not to have everything quite so square. It can be hard to achieve in general, and in particular on such a small footprint, but I find it is often worth the effort.

That's for consideration for the future, though - definitely a :thumbup: from me for GoH.

They are Perfect Caliber Flintlock Mickelson from Brickarms. Picked some up on sale for some extra detail on closeups!

I would definitely agree. Angles can add to a build substantially. Something I still need some practice in.

Thanks for all the :thumbup:

I really like that warehouse and its surroundings! Everything fits together well and creates a dense little scene :thumbup:

Are these tan cheese slopes or are they yellowed? I can't tell from my pc screen :pir-grin:

51 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I really like that warehouse and its surroundings! Everything fits together well and creates a dense little scene :thumbup:

Are these tan cheese slopes or are they yellowed? I can't tell from my pc screen :pir-grin:

Thanks!

Yes, I have both tan and white cheese slopes on the wall.

Lots of good details in the compact space! I really like the flagpole with string attached to it. Those perfect caliber muskets look great! I agree with Bregir that things seem a bit square, but that doesn't detract from the story and feeling of the build. A :thumbup: for GoC from me

1 hour ago, Fraunces said:

I like it! Very cosy build. You made it look realisticly mangrove-like.

Thank you!

58 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Lots of good details in the compact space! I really like the flagpole with string attached to it. Those perfect caliber muskets look great! I agree with Bregir that things seem a bit square, but that doesn't detract from the story and feeling of the build. A :thumbup: for GoC from me

Thanks! Those rifles were worth the more expensive price I think.

Time to break out the angled plates!

I've always loved the idea of Stormhaven being a community located in a marsh (a pity @Mike S moved on from BoBS, as he had a great vision for it).  It's the only COR settlement I ever built in for that reason.

@LM71Blackbird's MOC does the locale justice though.  What a fun little build.  Congrats!

17 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I've always loved the idea of Stormhaven being a community located in a marsh (a pity @Mike S moved on from BoBS, as he had a great vision for it).  It's the only COR settlement I ever built in for that reason.

@LM71Blackbird's MOC does the locale justice though.  What a fun little build.  Congrats!

Stormhaven is one of the unique settlements of BoBS that breaks up the jungle or desert approach to building.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!