Sign in to follow this  
Captain Flint

GoH 10 B: The Witch of Heedwor

This is an entry for the Old but Gold category. When I saw this category, I immediately knew which build I would revamp and it is a house from 2014.

A normal day in a frigid wonderland, and for Gunther it's a successful day. He captured Ravynne the witch of Heedwor. Bad day for her, great day for him.

52637880618_584e9816d8_c.jpg

52637880553_27c69c0775_c.jpg

Edited by Captain Flint

Wow man, this is so cool :-). I love the pointed roof. and the tudor style with the many many rounded maccaroni tiles looks awesome. the whole thing is really mitgardian - you captured the style of our guild so well. Congratulations on a fanstastic MOC and brick on!

Great textures on this, the curves on the tudor section are very cool and I love how steep the roof is!

Beautiful house with sweeping lines on the front. I especially enjoy the structure of the woodwork over the tan wall, up until the final touch of those brown bars stuck against the curved tiles.

Beautiful scen.

The black, steep roof give a dark impression to the witch in the foreground. Great build.

Very nice!  You have a very distinct build style that works well and has a nice fantasy vibe to it.  Great detail in the Tudor, and I love your roofline.  I think my favorite part is the way you built the irregular base with the snow.  Kudos for the new smoke technique.  I always like the old serpent smoke, but I like that you are branching out and trying new things with the droid arms and horns.  The stonework is busy, but this lends itself to a more rural, older feel that fits the witch's story perfectly.  Great job!

I love your style of building, its instantly recognizable! The crazy curved and angled tudor woodwork on the sides are great!

My Mitgardian heart rushes whenever I see a snow covered build. 

Such a lovely hut (kidding! This is almost a mansion!). Massive roof, and a very impressive snow technique. I love the sand green grass poking out of the ground. 
And the textures in tan used for the house are spot on.

Amazing work, Captain. Skol!

Great improvement over the original, yet instantly recognizeable :thumbup:
I especially like the shaping of the edge of the roof, and the detailing on the bottom floor which is nicely greebled without losing its shape.

Still instantly recognizable as a Captain Flint model, but with a much more polished finish than the original structure :thumbup:

Super use of macaroni tiles for the woodwork, and the small round window under the roof peak is gorgeous :wub:
Lovely style to the snow base too!

A very solid remake. Fun to see how your skills and style have evolved over time!