Redrado

[MOC] Renfe Ave S100 (Two versions, WIP)

Hello everyone! 

This is my recreation of the Spanish high speed train Alstom/CAF S100, the first ever high speed train to run back in 1992. I have made two different versions, one 6 studs wide (the older one) and a 7 studs wide (the new one, which is still a WIP). 

98-jpg-2.webp

6 studs: 

This model has actually some years already, and this is the latest version. Since it's old, I made it in 6 studs (now I switched to 7). I think the main nose shape is quite decently well captured, despite the limitations. 

renfe-ave-100-definitivo.png

7 studs (WIP):

As I said, this one is currently still a work in progress, as I'm not totally convinced about the shape, since it seems too "squared" and not smooth enough as the real thing, also I don't know how to make those cockpit windows better so they fit well. As of now, I have only made the front section. 

Renfe-AVE-S100-7.png

Great train! I love the series 100. I do think that the 7 wide version is an improvement The gray stripe is essential to identify it as an AVE. When I designed mine, I used a regular cockpit window and then placed a bar holder with a clip in front of it to "split" the front window in two.

Agreed, the 7 wide version looks amazing!

I also like how I recognise your bulding style from the 3 high speed trains that you have shown us on the site.

One example is how you use the hinge part for detailing on bogies.

Can't wait to see some high speed trains built in real bricks one day ;))

On 1/21/2023 at 3:25 PM, Ferro-Friki said:

Great train! I love the series 100. I do think that the 7 wide version is an improvement The gray stripe is essential to identify it as an AVE. When I designed mine, I used a regular cockpit window and then placed a bar holder with a clip in front of it to "split" the front window in two.

Thanks for your comment! The gray stripe can be added to the 6 stud version too without issues. About the cockpit windows, I see what you mean but make it work on 7 studs is a bit challenging so I’ll see what I come up with. 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:09 AM, Nikonissen said:

Agreed, the 7 wide version looks amazing!

I also like how I recognise your bulding style from the 3 high speed trains that you have shown us on the site.

One example is how you use the hinge part for detailing on bogies.

Can't wait to see some high speed trains built in real bricks one day ;))

Thanks! I really want to build the S102 on real bricks. It’s great that you can recognize my building style!