Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

Peasants of Avalonia

Harvest Time

The wheat is dry, it's time to harvest.

A rain would have a catastrophic impact on the harvest.

Harvest Time

My entry to Colossal Castle Contest: Have a Peasant Day!

Farmstead Figures

My entrie for the Farmstead Figures category (Brickscalibur)

Farmstead Figures

Farmstead Figures

Farmstead Figures

Farmstead Figures

Farmstead Figures

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Very nice, I should get around to making a post for my own figs from Brickscalibur. Making the yellow skin become a long-sleeve shirt was a good move on the milkmaid. Makes that torso usable for fleshies! And I am totally jealous of the cows. They may not be goats, but I still wish I had a few...

I like your presentation a lot, with the round circle bases!  Each of these figures is really good, I agree with Henjin, clever move on the yellow shirt!  I also really like your milk bottle design!

On 1/18/2023 at 3:14 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Very nice, I should get around to making a post for my own figs from Brickscalibur. Making the yellow skin become a long-sleeve shirt was a good move on the milkmaid. Makes that torso usable for fleshies! And I am totally jealous of the cows. They may not be goats, but I still wish I had a few...

Thank you… the « yellow skin tip » is not new for me… you can see it in my « New Hope » grange, my « Golden Dragon » tavern or in my round windmill…

The « yellow skin tip » can work with other colors too… I used the goblin torso (serie 13) in another minifig here! (and in the « New Hope » grange too.)

Edit: I’m happy with my cows, and I hope you’ll find somes.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:28 PM, Kai NRG said:

I like your presentation a lot, with the round circle bases!  Each of these figures is really good, I agree with Henjin, clever move on the yellow shirt!  I also really like your milk bottle design!

Thank you! It was the perfect timing. These modified plates came in PAB here in France a few months ago…

Edited by Sympatik Brick

As others have said, the trick with yellow arms is - especially for mitgardians - such a good idea! I love it and I'm totally gonna steal it hehe :pir-love::pir-huzzah2:

Great figbarf and presentation! (I really want to stick to yellows, but every so often a post like this makes me want to reconsider the direction of my figure collecting :tongue:)

On 1/22/2023 at 9:21 PM, Simon_S said:

As others have said, the trick with yellow arms is - especially for mitgardians - such a good idea! I love it and I'm totally gonna steal it hehe :pir-love::pir-huzzah2:

Sure! Steal it! I have so many things to steal too in all the beautiful Mocs I see here, in brickscalibur or summer joust… I guess some other builders did the same before me but I remember well to try this tip on my own with one of my 8 Vikings female. I was so sad these were not fleshies!!! 

7 hours ago, Gideon said:

Great figbarf and presentation! (I really want to stick to yellows, but every so often a post like this makes me want to reconsider the direction of my figure collecting :tongue:)

I’m sure you can use some fleshies bodies on your « yellows » too! Just put yellow hands! 😝

Well done!  I like all the little builds and the one larger build together to showcase the peasants.  The wagon on the ox is well done.  Excellent use of the yellow sleeves on the milkmaid.  I think you did something similar on a previous build, did you not?  The scarecrow is a lot of fun, and the scythe looks great.  Love the Hercules hair on the vintner, and the Luke robes on the milkman make me think of blue milk!

On 2/27/2023 at 6:00 PM, Grover said:

Well done!  I like all the little builds and the one larger build together to showcase the peasants.  The wagon on the ox is well done.  Excellent use of the yellow sleeves on the milkmaid.  I think you did something similar on a previous build, did you not?  The scarecrow is a lot of fun, and the scythe looks great.  Love the Hercules hair on the vintner, and the Luke robes on the milkman make me think of blue milk!

Thank you.

Yes. I regularly use the yellow sleeves… and most of the great things you saw were not new The scarecrow, the scythe or the wagon… all of them were already built at the begin of these contests… I am happy with these parts so I didn’t tried to make new ones.

Hercule’s hairs are not easy to reuse because of the classic « orange » color… but fit well with the beard in my opinion.

I didn’t know anything about blue milk before your post… but a lot of the jedis’ bodies are usefull for peasants!

Edited by Sympatik Brick