Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

The Summit

Built for Brickscalibur (Labor of Love category) as part of a collab with @socalbricks

One beautiful summer morning on the coast, a man named Nemyk (wanting to beat the “morning rush”) went down to his favorite fishing spot. What he found instead was a basking mermaid named Lorena, who wanted to take advantage of the first rays of the sun while out of the sight of “land dwellers”. Both caught off guard, the two engaged in some awkward small talk before parting ways.  As fate would have it, the two would encounter each other again the following morning, and the morning after that, and so on. Gradually warming to each other, the two poured out their hearts, and (after a few months) were deeply in love. On the anniversary of their meeting, both decided to surprise each other with a gift. Nemyk sought a rare flower that was only found deep within the inhospitable Rakath mountains, while Lorena sought a crystal in the cold abyss of the ocean. Neither were prepared for the dangers that awaited them…

The Summit

The Summit

The Summit

Here's @socalbricks's half of the collab!

The Abyss (1)

Additional Images:

The Summit ❤️

Socalbricks and I both agreed to build a heart-shaped base to further tie into the aforementioned "Labor of Love" Theme!

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Think he should have brought a weapon with him :grin:  Really nice job on the underbelly of the serpent (well, I would think using cheese slopes for an underbelly was a good idea... since I just did it... :laugh: ) and also a great dynamic pose with the rocks scattering hither and yon!  Also I love the bit of extra detail with the hard shaped base!!  I didn't see that on Flickr, I do love the EB format that makes it easy to see all the pictures on one page.

nice creature! I like how you blended differnt greens in there - that works really well. cool MOC! Brick on!

On 1/18/2023 at 6:32 PM, Kai NRG said:

Think he should have brought a weapon with him :grin:  Really nice job on the underbelly of the serpent (well, I would think using cheese slopes for an underbelly was a good idea... since I just did it... :laugh: ) and also a great dynamic pose with the rocks scattering hither and yon!  Also I love the bit of extra detail with the hard shaped base!!  I didn't see that on Flickr, I do love the EB format that makes it easy to see all the pictures on one page.

Thank you! I didn’t know I would spend so many hours to build this « tiny » Moc. But I was so amazed by Socalbricks’ creature that I had to surpass myself. 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:15 PM, Simon_S said:

nice creature! I like how you blended differnt greens in there - that works really well. cool MOC! Brick on!

If I tell you that all my cheeseslopes in lime and medium lime were used in this moc... you will understand that I had no choice to mix! I guess if I had had enough of one of the two colors I would probably have mixed anyway!

I love how this turned out! The "flying" rocks look great, and I really like how you constructed the serpent (especially the head - nice parts usage on that lower jaw)!

It was a joy to collaborate with you! :laugh:

Oooh cool! Love the serpent.  The organic rock placement looks great too, and I love the little splash of light blue flower.  Well executed!

Great use of the bionicle parts for the serpent head, and I like the scaly underbelly created with cheese slopes, as Kai mentioned.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:51 PM, socalbricks said:

I love how this turned out! The "flying" rocks look great, and I really like how you constructed the serpent (especially the head - nice parts usage on that lower jaw)!

It was a joy to collaborate with you! :laugh:

The pleasure was shared and it is particularly interesting to have feedback throughout the creative process. Thank you for your patience, your advice and the quality of your creature that forced me to produce something equivalent... I even thought for a while that we had some chances to win this contest.

On 2/21/2023 at 6:23 AM, A_Forest_of_Lego said:

Amazing design on the creatures!

Thank you a lot!

On 2/26/2023 at 4:51 PM, Grover said:

Oooh cool! Love the serpent.  The organic rock placement looks great too, and I love the little splash of light blue flower.  Well executed!

Thank you! There are actually two splashes of colors: the flower... and the tongue of the snake which are quite complementary.

On 3/24/2023 at 1:38 AM, LordDan said:

Great use of the bionicle parts for the serpent head, and I like the scaly underbelly created with cheese slopes, as Kai mentioned.

Contrary to what many people think: there are no Bionicle pieces in my creation for the simple reason that I have almost none. I was very annoyed when Socalbricks introduced me to his creature because I thought it was impossible to do something so alive without Bionicle parts... then I thought about my collection of Lego Vikings (the only sets I have collected)

The three main pieces of the head are:

- for the lower jaw: 53456 in Dark green from the Fafnir Dragon's head (only in the set 7019: Viking Fortress against the Fafnir Dragon)

- for the upper jaw: 53455 in Dark Green from the Midgard Serpent's head (only in the set 7018: Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent)

- for the tongue: 24199 in Magenta from the Fire Dragon (only in the set 41175: Fire Dragon's Lava Cave)

Each of these pieces are only found in one Lego set in the color used and is from a different creature: Luckily I own these three sets.