Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Also, with the inclusion of beauty and the beast via Gaston. Belle and the beast HAVE to be coming this year somewhere, would guess the castle but no way we only get Gaston, right? Right?!

Just now, DisneyLego said:

Also, with the inclusion of beauty and the beast via Gaston. Belle and the beast HAVE to be coming this year somewhere, would guess the castle but no way we only get Gaston, right? Right?!

@bRICKbRAT confirmed sometime back that we were getting Gaston and Belle. They never said anything about Beast, but my guess is that the castle set will have Belle and Beast. That leaves one last couple which is probably Rapunzel and Flynn.

7 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

@bRICKbRAT confirmed sometime back that we were getting Gaston and Belle. They never said anything about Beast, but my guess is that the castle set will have Belle and Beast. That leaves one last couple which is probably Rapunzel and Flynn.

Yeah I remember quite a few “confirming” and don’t doubt their credibility, but hadn’t really heard anything since (and would have thought she’d be confirmed with the others that just were called out in the recent leak). I agree though, castle makes the most sense. Belle is arguably one of the top 3 princesses most associate with Disney so would be odd not to have her in it.

Rapunzel and Flynn make sense, however I’m still worried that the remaining ~4 slots get filled with Mickey and friends…can’t imagine a $400 castle comes out with no Mickey…

Edited by DisneyLego

1 minute ago, DisneyLego said:

Yeah I remember quite a few “confirming” and don’t doubt their credibility, but hadn’t really heard anything since (and would have thought she’d be confirmed with the others that just were called out in the recent leak). I agree though, castle makes the most sense Belle is arguably one of the top 3-4 princesses most associate with Disney so would be odd not to have her in it.

Rapunzel and Flynn make sense, however I’m still worried that the remaining ~4 slots get filled with Mickey and friends…can’t imagine a $400 castle comes out with no Mickey…

That user correctly leaked the current Harry Potter wave so their veracity isn't in doubt. There was another user on this thread who did claim to have leaked The Little Mermaid D2C set and they've also implied that we are getting human Ariel in this new castle set, but others have said that user isn't reliable. So I can't say anything about human Ariel, but Belle for sure is confirmed. And like you said, she's been one of the most requested characters so the only reason I wouldn't expect to see her in this new castle set would be if Lego was planning on making a Beauty and the Beast set.

For Rapunzel and Flynn, if they don't make it into the castle set, my guess is that it's because Lego is planning a Rapunzel Tower set. But it does seem like Lego is using this castle set to include all the princesses they haven't made yet. I'd normally be worried about Lego shoehorning in Mickey and Minnie as well (they technically do play the roles of prince and princess in a lot of merchandise) but the Reddit user who actually saw the set and first confirmed Cinderella and her prince claimed that all the minifigures he saw were princes and princesses. If he had seen Mickey and Minnie, he probably would have recognized them. It does seem like an odd choice from Lego though to exclude any of the Mickey characters.

The last two sets leaked an hour or so ago. One is a bunch of small character builds including lumiere and cogsworth, the two pocahontas animals, two moana animals, and two nemo animals.

The other is a harry potter-esque buildable objects set with a VHS, poisonous apple, and some books. The builds look p dumb IMO but it comes with four villain figs: evil queen as the old witch, jafar as a genie, maleficent (presumably with the updated bottom) and gaston.

So Gaston's probably not in the castle.

21 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

The other is a harry potter-esque buildable objects set with a VHS, poisonous apple, and some books. The builds look p dumb IMO

Love those builds. The VHS is great, takes me back to the days of my childhood putting on a Disney film.

These buildable object sets must sell really well for Lego to make so many of them. I've never bought any of the Harry Potter ones so it's somewhat bittersweet that the Disney line has been infected with this trend too but I'll take it for those specific minifigures. In fact, at this rate I think I'd rather they have done something similar for all the major princesses like Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, and Rapunzel because it would be cheaper to get them that way than to pay $400 to get them as part of an unnecessary castle remake.

Edited by JeanGreyForever

1 hour ago, DisneyLego said:

Yeah I remember quite a few “confirming” and don’t doubt their credibility, but hadn’t really heard anything since (and would have thought she’d be confirmed with the others that just were called out in the recent leak). I agree though, castle makes the most sense. Belle is arguably one of the top 3 princesses most associate with Disney so would be odd not to have her in it.

I don’t think that was me but I wouldn’t be surprised if Belle and Beast appeared in the castle. 

This pretty much means we are done with the Disney CMFs, right?

Because what characters would be left? 

They are throwing them left and right this year

Picking up Gaston and Jafar Genie on Bricklink/eBay asap! I also like cogsworth and lumiere but not sure about the other builds. 

I also feel these minifigure choices hints that we will be getting the rumoured a Snow White and dwarves set and that a minifigure version of Belle is coming somewhere (maybe castle?).

Edited by Lego_ofme

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

There are still dozens if not hundreds of characters left. Quasimodo, Esmeralda, Phoebus, Frollo, Clopin, Geppetto, Blue Fairy, Honest John, Gideon, Stromboli, March Hare, Mad Hatter, White Rabbit, King of Hearts, Tweedledum, Tweedledee, Ariel's sisters, Prince Eric, King Triton, Vanessa, John Smith, Governor Ratcliffe, Chief Powhatan, Nakoma, Kocoum, Thomas, Mowgli, Baloo, King Louie, Shanti, Pete, Ludwig Von Drake, Clarabelle Cow, Horace Horsecollar, Clara Cluck, Clarice, Max Goof, Mickey's nephews, Gus Goose, Grandma Duck, Jose Carioca, Panchito Pistoles, Rasoul, Sultan, Maurice, LeFou, Bimbettes, King Stefan, Queen Leah, King Hubert, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Lady Tremaine, Drizella, Anastasia, Fairy Godmother, Grand Duke, the King from Cinderella, Humbert the Huntsman, Mother Gothel, Madame Medusa, Penny, Bernard, Miss Bianca, Mr. Smee, Wendy Darling, Michael Darling, John Darling, Maid Marian, Little John, Merlin, Arthur, Madam Mim, Milo, Kida, Lilo, Nani, David, Angel, Pleakley, Jumba, Rafiki, Timothy Mouse, Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Pigs, Mary Poppins, Bert, Penguin Waiter, Jane Banks, Michael Banks, Mr. Banks, Mrs. Banks, Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit, Judge Doom, Horned King, Taran, Eilonwy, Gurgi, Basil, Ratigan, Kristoff, Prince Hans, Owl, Kanga, Roo, Christopher Robin, Gopher, and Yen Sid.

Disney also owns the rights to Anastasia (1997) now and has been making merchandise for that so you could add Anya, Dimitri, Vlad, Rasputin, Empress Marie, and Sophie. 

And that's not including alternate costumes or looks for the characters we already have minifigures of. They could easily do a CMF series just on Mickey himself in all his different looks throughout the decades. Perhaps for his 100th birthday that's coming up in 5 years.

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

The last two sets leaked an hour or so ago. One is a bunch of small character builds including lumiere and cogsworth, the two pocahontas animals, two moana animals, and two nemo animals.

The other is a harry potter-esque buildable objects set with a VHS, poisonous apple, and some books. The builds look p dumb IMO but it comes with four villain figs: evil queen as the old witch, jafar as a genie, maleficent (presumably with the updated bottom) and gaston.

So Gaston's probably not in the castle.

That villains set baffles me.

I love the idea of a villains minifig collection, although I think they could have included more villains or even other characters.

Instead of this buildable objects display, they could’ve done a booknook with fairy tale vignettes of these minifigs!

25 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

As JeanGrey said, there’s so many more left out.

To me, one iconic ‘character’ is the ballerina hippo from Fantasia.

There will undoubtedly several other iconic characters left out after this castle comes out.

Looking at it closer, I'm a little disappointed with the Jafar minifigure. He doesn't have the separate headpiece like the Genie did that featured his hair, ears, and earring. They gave him a gold stud and black feather piece to represent his hair but he's completely lacking his pointy ears and earring still and he won't match the Genie now. It's a cheap choice especially since it would have just been the exact same mold as the Genie had but in red instead of blue.

And I'm seeing online that some people are upset at the lack of a cape for Maleficent and how the witch's hair is printed on her torso.

15 minutes ago, hikouki said:

That villains set baffles me.

I love the idea of a villains minifig collection, although I think they could have included more villains or even other characters.

Instead of this buildable objects display, they could’ve done a booknook with fairy tale vignettes of these minifigs!

As JeanGrey said, there’s so many more left out.

To me, one iconic ‘character’ is the ballerina hippo from Fantasia.

There will undoubtedly several other iconic characters left out after this castle comes out.

I'd have liked to have seen Lady Tremaine and Frollo included with the villains we got.

I've always loved Hyacinth Hippo as well. I'd love to see more Fantasia characters such as Ben Ali Gator to go with the hippo or Madame Upanova, the ostrich ballerina.

Love both of these! The buildable characters are such a cute idea and I love the execution. The selection is perfect too! :wub:

And the villains set is awesome too. It‘s basically a Disney version of the Hogwarts Icons!

2 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

There are still dozens if not hundreds of characters left

There's no way that your first choice for a CMF would be Mickey's nephews or Ariel's sisters. Why would anyone want that?

2 hours ago, Lego_ofme said:

Picking up Gaston and Jafar Genie on Bricklink/eBay asap! I also like cogsworth and lumiere but not sure about the other builds. 

I'm so getting Gaston! After years of waiting we finally got my favourite Disney villain! So excited, can't wait to get HD pictures.

The sets look quite excellent, they are extremely well built. They fell kinda random tho, and I don't know who the target audience for those is.

The Duos aren't for kids, because they've got no play value. But I also can't imagine many adults wanting them, since the choices are really random. At least the value is okay, 45€ feels like a fair price.

The Villains set is really well built, the minifigures are cool too, but it does not feel like a 130€ set. I can't imagine it selling particularly well at that price, especially when you can buy much better sets in that price range.

Hi! I'm new here. I used to play with Lego as a kid, but I was never a collector. I also love Disney, so when the Disney CMF Series 1 came out I got it. Then I got Series 2 when it came out too. I was hoping for Series 3, so early this year I started looking for information and I discovered all other Disney figures that had been released in sets. I shouldn't have done that, because I've become now a Disney minifigures collector haha. I have a lot to catch up, but I've managed to get many of the old minifigures. I'm very pleased to see so many new Lego Disney sets coming this year, although I'm spending too much money buying the old sets. Since my budget and space at home is limited, I don't collect minidolls or microdolls, so I don't care for those sets.

I really like the Disney 100 celebration train, the Up house and of course the Disney CMF Series 3. I don't really like the new villains set, but I like the villain figures. The paint with Mickey and the new duos look ok, but since I just want minifigures they are not for me (I need to control my expenses). The live action remakes aren't for me either. The Castle sounds great, but I don't have the money or space for it :(

I'm looking forward to see what more surprises we get this year!

Edited by Aramar

Wow I went to sleep early Sunday morning maybe 1am and BOOM wake up to huge Disney news 😁 Disney Duos .. great, but not for me, apart from maybe Lumiere and Cogsworth .. so these are the rumoured buildable ones we’ve heard about ? Clever part usage. Some of the animal designs don’t translate well to me due to their small size.

The Villains Icons set. I’m torn over this one, I think I’ll get it for the minifigures although Jafar should have had the genie ears, ( that’s lazy Lego ) and I would rather have had Lady Tremaine than Maleficent, but hey ho. One thing that I don’t get is that the objects ( apart from the poisoned apple and pocket watch ) aren’t really villainous icons, There are a couple of story books, a VHS tape ?? Ursula’s nautilus shell should have been there. The pocket watch features silhouettes of Peter Pan and the Darling children, I read a comment that this is meant to represent he pocket watch that Tik-Tok the crocodile swallows, but in Peter Pan in the scene where he chases Hook we see that it’s quite a large alarm clock that Tik-Tok has actually swallowed.

Last thoughts are that I’ll probably get this ( although not a day one for me ) as the minifigures from this set will hold their value for quite some time, thought of bricklinking them, but they’re gonna be expensive. Lastly with the Evil Queen being in the CMF, Snow White supposedly coming in the new Castle and the Old Hag in this set that IF the Cottage is coming next year it’s not gonna be the animated version, it’ll be based on the live action version and we’re not gonna see minifigures of the animated drawls .. although I hope I’m wrong.

EDIT .. just remembered, one thing I don’t like is that I wish they’d stop putting Disney .. like Disney The Little Mermaid … Disney Sleeping Beauty .. Disney Aladdin .. I grew up with them being Walt Disney’s The Little Mermaid .. Walt Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs .. Walt Disney’s Cinderella. Then they dropped the Walt from everything, Then they dropped the apostrophe, it looks wrong to me. These are Disney’s films. It’s not the be all and end all .. just a bug bear for me.

Edited by Jarreth2
Addition

23 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

EDIT .. just remembered, one thing I don’t like is that I wish they’d stop putting Disney .. like Disney The Little Mermaid … Disney Sleeping Beauty .. Disney Aladdin .. I grew up with them being Walt Disney’s The Little Mermaid .. Walt Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs .. Walt Disney’s Cinderella. Then they dropped the Walt from everything, Then they dropped the apostrophe, it looks wrong to me. These are Disney’s films. It’s not the be all and end all .. just a bug bear for me.

That's a casualty of the Iger regime. When he came into power, he dropped Walt's name from everything and really minimized Walt and the Disney family's legacy from the company.

The Disney 100 sets are certainly good for my wallet so far! Only the Up House has any real appeal, although there are some nice minifigures in the 4+ train and the newly leaked villains buildable objects sets. 

Now that we have a Gaston minifig plus the buildable Lumière and Cogsworth figures, I really hope Belle and are among the four remaining characters in the Disney Castle D2C set! Also hoping for Rapunzel and Eugene, as that‘d be the perfect lineup :thumbup:

Then again, there‘s that leaked Mickey that‘s still unaccounted for… Hope he‘s included somewhere else.

Tons of leaks hitting IG. Fingers crossed for the castle. I’ll even settle for some blurry pictures lol

PRAYING for Rapunzel to be included with the castle, she’s my fav. If not I’d settle for a tower set too. There’s still Merida as well, maybe the last four will be Rapunzel/Flynn/Merida/Raya? 

Looking at these two sets, mostly the villains set more, I have a couple of comments:

- The buildable characters seems like a mish-mash of sorts. They could probably have done one set for Lumiere and Cogsworth (with some minifigs), then brick heads for the rest.

- The villains set is quite expensive for what we are getting. Do you guys think it has considerably more piece count compared with the buildable characters? Why so expensive for that piece count? The minifigs??? I don't suppose it has playable features???

- There are seven (7) objects and only four (4) minifigs? We are missing one each from: Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and the Little Mermaid. One could argue that the CMF series already covered some of those villains, but the same could be said for Aladdin and Sleeping Beauty.

- Perhaps these seven tales are what Disney sees are the most iconic. They left out Cinderella, interestingly. Perhaps her story will get better treatment when the castle releases???