Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I was hoping for a more generic Dalmatian to army build, but my wallet will be happier.

I wish we'd got a set based on Disney's Once Upon a Time series since it combines so many Disney properties in the same universe, making it the most unique thing Disney has ever done.

But I suppose Kingdom Hearts was a more popular take on the same idea. I wonder if we'll see any Kingdom Hearts sets down the line if Zelda and Sonic sell well?

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Great minifigures. 

I loved the Cruella movie so much that this representation of her has burned into my brain, and as I looked at the minifigure for a second I was like Wait, that's Cruella? :tongue:

So that's why I remember her looking different! Thank you!

Now I think of it, this Cruella looks perfect to make some Rocky Horror Picture Show custom

10 hours ago, Killian said:

I was hoping for a more generic Dalmatian to army build, but my wallet will be happier.

I wish we'd got a set based on Disney's Once Upon a Time series since it combines so many Disney properties in the same universe, making it the most unique thing Disney has ever done.

But I suppose Kingdom Hearts was a more popular take on the same idea. I wonder if we'll see any Kingdom Hearts sets down the line if Zelda and Sonic sell well?

Let's be honest here, we all want something Disney other than what we currently get, I want lego amphibia and the owl house, @Killian wants once upon a Time sets, everyone, leave your reckonings below 

Edited by Lemerbrix
Typo

I want more theme park sets, including characters unique to the parks. We got that Haunted Mansion microbuild with the butler minifig which is fine, but I'd still like to see a full-sized one with more ghost characters.

After putting it next to other mickey heads, I can confirm that they changed the spacing and shape of Mickey's eyes. I've never been a big fan of the original print so I'm alright with it, but it is curious that it changed at all.

1 hour ago, Karalora said:

I want more theme park sets, including characters unique to the parks. We got that Haunted Mansion microbuild with the butler minifig which is fine, but I'd still like to see a full-sized one with more ghost characters.

More park sets x2…they wouldn’t be able to keep them on the shelves.

Still holding out hope we get a haunted mansion set soon since we got the micro build. Hitchhiking ghosts and hatbox ghost minifigure 

As for the most recent 3 CMFs leaked. A bit disappointed in the execution but that’s just me being picky, the fact that we’re getting them at all is a huge win and I’m excited to see them in hand, with any accompanying cloth accessories not pictured.

Edited by DisneyLego

I was so excited to see the three leaked figures this morning!

Of the three, Mickey looks the best. It's such an iconic design and they captured it so well. Do we think he will come with a regular broom, or one moulded to look like the brooms from Fantasia?

The Queen looks kind of strange without her cape/collar, but I'm sure she'll have those in the finished product. I love the new mould being used for her crown.

Cruella is probably my favorite Disney villain, so I am so excited that we'll be getting this figure. That said, her coat looks kind of odd being printed onto the minifigure like that--but I can't really think of any other way to capture such a large item of clothing with LEGO. Oh well, I'm sure it will grow on me. The new hair mould is excellent, and I love the inclusion of Patch!

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

So that's why I remember her looking different! Thank you!

Now I think of it, this Cruella looks perfect to make some Rocky Horror Picture Show custom

Emma Stone just hits different :tongue:

I like the reveal of three of the CMF line up .. but .. the Queen does suffer from flesh skin tone being printed on a black minifigure head .. the same thing happened slightly with Maleficent in series 1 .. she got away with it more because of her unusual skin tone .. the Queen’s crown seems too big, although this may look better once the cape and collar are on. Cruella .. the face seems off, the earrings overpower the face / hair .. should be smaller and her coat was never yellow .. in the film it appeared to be off white / cream. I’m looking forward to seeing others. Mickey suffers from looking slightly spaced out.

I knew the Queen gave me that “Ive seen this somewhere before” vibe .. interesting .. this person did their version of Ernesto de la Cruz too .. they also have pages of Disney minifigure designs .. posted in 2018 .. they did designs for 5 of the Seven Dwarves .. they’re fantastic .. I just wish Dopey had his ears 😁

https://www.deviantart.com/alwaysdregol/art/LEGO-Disney-Universe-Project-Part-21-792536956

Edited by Jarreth2

I think the Evil Queen would be awesome with a collar and cape. (Maybe these CMFs are just samples? Her belt here is red: 

I'm a big fan of Sorcerer Mickey, but this CMF is a little 'off'. I wish Lego would have actual robes.

It is a bit weird with Cruella having that yellow robe. Should it not be a tan robe? She would look better with Kraven's tan fur collar.

Edited by hikouki

11 hours ago, hikouki said:

I think the Evil Queen would be awesome with a collar and cape. (Maybe these CMFs are just samples? Her belt here is red

Fabric pieces don’t tend to leak with the rest of the minifig. We saw this just recently with the orc warrior in series 24. So the Evil Queen will almost certainly come with a cape, we just won’t get to see it until the official reveal. Note that she and Mickey are also lacking any accessories (we can’t yet say whether or not Cruella comes with more than the Dalmatian or not) despite the leaked list clearly stating they both come with them. 

Spotted a more detailed pic of the Celebration Train minifigs and the minifigs from Up on Instagram 👍🏼

Baymax looks bizarre, I'm sure I can find an interesting use for his parts but he doesn't look much like himself.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I must confess I was scared to see the remaining 14 figures but holy moly, this is my favorite series so far! 

Well there are some gems for sure in this series. 
First impression: i want Stitch, Pinocchio and Jimini Cricket, Robin Hood and Prince John and Oswald
but great series!

and the evil queen and queen of hearts

Edited by Borex

Cruella looks so much better with that smiling face. :classic: Her, Pocahontas and Mulan are probably my favourites as I adored those movies as a child. Just wish we got Meeko and Mushu, but still. :excited: Baymax looks the worst to me. He just needs to be bigger really, more like Hagrid.

Now really hoping Merida shows up this year in minifigure form.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Great looking series a lot of useful characters in this series.  Robin hood and Prince John look great.  So many great designs here and some nice new molds.  

Man, that sure is a mixed bag (pun intended).

Oswalt is kinda weird, Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket creep me out, I never really liked LEGO Mickey (and I feel like at this point the should've given him mid-sized legs already), Tiana and the witch-doctor-guy look fine (that hair pieces looks really inaccurate, but I get it, they're using her to release an underrepresented hairstyle, so that's fine).

Out of the second row they're all fine as well, with the exception of the Queen of Hearts, who also creeps me out. Really excited for the dead guy in the middle though. Also kinda funny how they just threw in a bunch of leaves with Pocahontas.

I don't get why Disney is pushing a character like Cruella as hard as they do, her whole motivation was always that she wanted to have a coat made out of puppies, that's no fun at all! Figure is fine, but whatever.

Robin Hood and Prince John look awkward, Stich is fine, though they should've included four guns and maybe made a new mould to show his antennae.

Baymax looks nightmarish somehow. Massive shame, I was really looking forward to him. Also, can y'all identify the arms? I feel like I've seen them before.  (EDIT: Nightmarish seems like an overreaction, looking at him a little more he's fine, I'm just not sure about those arms, might just replace them with regular white arms myself)

And the Evil Queen is fine as well. Her release in this without Snowwhite anywhere has me thinking that potential leaked set is definitely happening within a year.

Overall, some really strange choices. I mean, a figure sized Jiminy Cricket? The Queen of Hearts (I get that she's accompanying Alice and the Cheshire Cat, but those released a long time ago! Wouldn't be surprised if she was the least popular figure)? Pocahontas (which also feels gross considering she's based on a real person)? And again; Cruella?!

Edited by Alegrispa

Is that fabric piece used for the stoles on Cruella and Prince John new? Because it works perfectly. Looking at the leaked Cruella she definitely needed some extra volume around the collar, but the existing plastic fur ruff would have interfered with her iconic hairstyle - which is of course the most important part of depicting her. A fabric piece seems like the perfect compromise in that situation. 

I also appreciate that there are more accessories than just the ones on the leaked list, like a printed tile for Cruella’s purse, Mulan having a sword, Pocahontas’ autumn leaves, and Tiana coming with a frog. Feels much more like lego pulling out all the stops for Disney’s 100th than the original list we saw. 

I’m pleasantly surprised by Baymax, he’s not quite perfect, but the new modified arms definitely help with his proportions. He feels out of scale with human minifig characters, but I guess that’s why the didn’t include any other Big Hero 6 characters. 

The choice for Mulan’s outfit was definitely not what I was expecting, but it looks well executed and I’m looking forward to seeing it in higher resolution.

The princesses, the evil queen and dr facilier are my favourites! 

Can’t wait to put these new ones next to my season 2 figures - in the past I got Hercules, Hades, Elsa, Anna and Jafar