Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

54 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

How will the minifig series boxes work with 18 figs?
Do they make new boxes with 9 figs, or do they have 3 different 'collections'?

I would expect them to make three different six pack boxes and that the 36 pack box the stores get would have 2 complete sets rather than 3.  I can't see them investing in new packaging just for this series when this will be the last series in the blind bags.

I’m completely surprised that no characters from Encanto made this series. Unless it was finalised before Encanto became popular. Danny Breton on Instagram did a minifigure series based on the characters and they’re just perfect. A couple of these, or at least perhaps Mirabel would have been most welcome.

11 hours ago, VincentLord said:

Linguini with Remy would be a single character 'slot' that would pretty much cover the entire film.

Watch lego do a goulish Remy minifigure scaring the kids away from the store

5 minutes ago, Jarreth2 said:

I’m completely surprised that no characters from Encanto made this series. Unless it was finalised before Encanto became popular. Danny Breton on Instagram did a minifigure series based on the characters and they’re just perfect. A couple of these, or at least perhaps Mirabel would have been most welcome.

I’m kinda surprised as well. Usually series get planned a year in advance, which gives plenty of time for Disney and Lego to realize just how popular the movie and its songs were since it was such an instant hit. Theoretically, by the time the character choices were being finalized Lego really should have been kicking themselves over not including Bruno in the Casita minidoll set and itching to rectify that. 

My best guess is that Coco’s similar themes made them decide that there shouldn’t be characters from both movies in the same series, and Coco took priority because it’s the series’s Pixar representation. 

5 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

I’m kinda surprised as well. Usually series get planned a year in advance, which gives plenty of time for Disney and Lego to realize just how popular the movie and its songs were since it was such an instant hit. Theoretically, by the time the character choices were being finalized Lego really should have been kicking themselves over not including Bruno in the Casita minidoll set and itching to rectify that. 

My best guess is that Coco’s similar themes made them decide that there shouldn’t be characters from both movies in the same series, and Coco took priority because it’s the series’s Pixar representation. 

That, and maybe Encanto has just been too recent? The Madrigal House is still listed on the Lego web site.

Edited by hikouki

How many of the new Disney Classic Animation sets haven’t leaked yet? Moana is in the train so there’s no saying Encanto characters won’t make an appearance in another set.

21 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

How many of the new Disney Classic Animation sets haven’t leaked yet? Moana is in the train so there’s no saying Encanto characters won’t make an appearance in another set.

Uhm, I believe there are:

Set 43215 for $149.99 with 1016 pieces
Set 43221 for $59.99 with 1022 pieces (which piece count makes me kinda worried)

There's also set 43230, but the only thing we know is that it's an 18+ set.

Then there's set 43226, which is simply mentioned as a Disney set, so could be princess as well.

So there are like 4 at best, possibly less.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

19 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Uhm, I believe there are:

Set 43215 for $149.99 with 1016 pieces
Set 43221 for $59.99 with 1022 pieces (which piece count makes me kinda worried)

There's also set 43230, but the only thing we know is that it's an 18+ set.

Then there's set 43226, which is simply mentioned as a Disney set, so could be princess as well.

So there are like 4 at best, possibly less.

We could get more later in the year. Fingers crossed we get a mix of figures in the other sets too.

5 minutes ago, AstroFalcon said:

We could get more later in the year. Fingers crossed we get a mix of figures in the other sets too.

Those are the ones later in the year :wink: As far as we’re aware, we have complete set lists for the entire year, with the exception of Monkie Kid perhaps. There might be the odd unknown exclusive here or there, but this should be it

If I had to take a guess what those 4 sets could be, I would say Alice in Wonderland Tea Party, probably a non minifigure set like arts or something, Snow White Cottage, and considering the leaked teaser in the catalogue probably something Aladin related like the prince Ali parade or the Cave of Wonders (although I really hope Aladin is not the case, rather have something new).

There's also still the missing Mickey and Friends set 10779, which is still mentioned on Jedijacpenguin's site. I wonder what's up with that one, has it been canceled or simply moved to 2023?

Edited by Huigberts Builds

19 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

There's also still the missing Mickey and Friends set 10779, which is still mentioned on Jedijacpenguin's site. I wonder what's up with that one, has it been canceled or simply moved to 2023?

Probably cancelled. Most sets that mysteriously don’t get released are simply canned, the usual exception being sets based on delayed movies. Some D2C sets also get shifted around, but this obviously doesn’t fall in either category. 10779 is thus most likely dead since there don’t appear to be other new Mickey & Friends this year either :shrug_oh_well:

55 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Probably cancelled. Most sets that mysteriously don’t get released are simply canned, the usual exception being sets based on delayed movies. Some D2C sets also get shifted around, but this obviously doesn’t fall in either category. 10779 is thus most likely dead since there don’t appear to be other new Mickey & Friends this year either :shrug_oh_well:

That's a shame. Although in that case I wonder what Falconfan is expecting the remaining sets to be. As he said he would expect a decent amount of Mickey and Minnie variants this year. And so far we only have 2 and 1 respectively.

I keep harping on about this ( albeit to myself lol ) I’ve seen a few people mentioning there’s no Snow White minifigure, we have a Brickheadz coming and now there’s the Evil Queen in the CMF rumour list.  Snow White is the first feature film princess, and in one of the VHS trailers for the film the audio describes the film as “The one that started it all”. I never understood the reasoning behind why Lego Ideas said no to the Snow White Cottage .. TWICE !! But perhaps we weren’t meant to ? What if it wasn’t Lego who said no .. what if it was Disney that said “we love it .. but we want you to release it as part of the 100 year celebration” ?? I know there are all sorts of suggested reasons, and some pertaining to the upcoming live action version. I’m hoping it might happen. 

Still no Darkwing Duck  😱

I bet that four armed Stitch Torso gets reused again and again in Ninjago

4 minutes ago, Killian said:

I bet that four armed Stitch Torso gets reused again and again in Ninjago

You’d think so, but those arm pieces were introduced 5 years ago and this is the first time they’ve been reused :laugh_hard: 

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You’d think so, but those arm pieces were introduced 5 years ago and this is the first time they’ve been reused :laugh_hard: 

Really? This Mould? 

LEAK REMOVED

Who/What/Where/When/why/how/who??????

I may have to bricklink it if it looks cool

Edited by Clone OPatra
Removed leaked image

1 minute ago, Killian said:

Really? This Mould? 

I‘d remove that picture if I were you, posting leaked images is not allowed on EB :tongue:

These arm pieces were used for Rio Durant from Solo:

Lego Rio Durant

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘d remove that picture if I were you, posting leaked images is not allowed on EB :tongue:

These arm pieces were used for Rio Durant from Solo:

dont ya just love it when lego makes a specialized peice that can be easily reused and only use it one time, and then make innacurate or oversized minifigs that couldve used it :pir-love:

36 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

These arm pieces were used for Rio Durant from Solo

Yeah, I won't be bricklinking that torso at that price 🤣

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Those are the ones later in the year :wink: As far as we’re aware, we have complete set lists for the entire year, with the exception of Monkie Kid perhaps. There might be the odd unknown exclusive here or there, but this should be it

I’ll help out here. Disney isn’t complete in a couple different ways. There will be more and some codenames are subject to change 

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’ll help out here. Disney isn’t complete in a couple different ways. There will be more and some codenames are subject to change 

Oooh, that's interesting. So a lot is basically still on the table at this point?

Hopefully we will get our first glimpse at what the anniversary sets actually have to offer when the Peter Pan and Wendy set is revealed. I mean it releases March 1st so fingers crossed we don't have to wait much longer.

Do all of the Disney-licensed Lego sets eventually make it to the Disney shop?

I have only ever shopped for Disney-themed Lego items on Lego.com.

Edited by hikouki

I was so worried Stitch would use the ugly Garmadon "double torso". Really pleased that is not the case. While I would have loved Lilo, I am pleased with this version as well.

17 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I was so worried Stitch would use the ugly Garmadon "double torso". Really pleased that is not the case. While I would have loved Lilo, I am pleased with this version as well.

That wouldn't work at all, since Stitch has to be small. He'd be bigger than a regular human with that torso.

Really excited for that Stitch figure, the CMF lineup as a whole sounds great. Would’ve been great to get Stitch’s little red spaceship as a small set at some point.