HarrisBricks

[MOC] Ice Station Icarus

This build is Ice Station Icarus on the planet Krysto, inspired by Ice Planet 2002 but using the range of pieces and building techniques now available.

The colour scheme and styling of this build will hopefully be recognisable to any fan of the original LEGO Ice Planet 2002 sets (1993-1994), though I have broadened the colour scheme ever so slightly for my post-apocalyptic Ice Planet setting.

Ice-Station-Icarus-Ice-Planet-MOC-2.pngIce-Station-Icarus-Ice-Planet-MOC-5.pngIce-Station-Icarus-Ice-Planet-MOC-1-1.pngIce-Station-Icarus-Ice-Planet-MOC-8.pngIce-Station-Icarus-Ice-Planet-MOC-4.png

Crazy large and well detailed scene. Love the mix of older Ice Planet 2002 and new Nexo Knights parts to make this. Having the underground part with such details makes this really cool (pun intended).

Love the whole layout and what you have done by expanding the existing colour scheme. 

Great details all around the MOC and the buildings are also really well done.

That's a nice assembly of tiles, slopes and wedges.
And the base, crew, and their vehicles are nothing to sneeze at either. :thumbup:

47 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Fantastic moc all around! The broadened color sheme works great, especially the "rust". Superb landscape.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, GeoBrick said:

That's a nice assembly of tiles, slopes and wedges.
And the base, crew, and their vehicles are nothing to sneeze at either. :thumbup:

Thank you!

1 hour ago, danth said:

Wow, amazing. Love the domes and the snow.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Spectervamp said:

the domes are beautiful

I wish I had enough parts for a diorama like this

Thanks!

3 hours ago, the Inventor said:

Love the whole layout and what you have done by expanding the existing colour scheme. 

Great details all around the MOC and the buildings are also really well done.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, AstroFalcon said:

Such a cool MOC, love those domes :tongue:

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Crazy large and well detailed scene. Love the mix of older Ice Planet 2002 and new Nexo Knights parts to make this. Having the underground part with such details makes this really cool (pun intended).

Thank you!

Absolutely incredible, I would LOVE to be able to have this as a set and build it with instruction. Not that I ever will, but the design of this set looks fantastic and it would've been a fun experience to put this together. So so well done!

Lovely snowscape, but those hex domes really steal the cake!  Brilliantly done, and instantly recognizable as Ice Planet inspired!

Very cool MOC, I love this one.

The shots with icy background on your page are really great.

The snow/ice effect are nicely done, I saw some bunches of lovely cristals.

Wow I love the clean and compact yet intricate design! The crystals are a nice touch and the overall estatic really draws you into the picture. Really impressive!

Gray feels over-used and blue feels under-used; brown looks great though! Would have liked to seem some more ice (frozen blacktrons?)

For what it is, its great!

On 1/19/2023 at 10:57 AM, Umbra-Manis said:

Such a great execution of your vision! 

Thank you, I am pretty happy with how it turned out!

On 1/19/2023 at 7:51 PM, MontyMatte said:

Wow! Impressive creation!

Thank you!

On 1/20/2023 at 12:11 AM, zinnn said:

Absolutely incredible, I would LOVE to be able to have this as a set and build it with instruction. Not that I ever will, but the design of this set looks fantastic and it would've been a fun experience to put this together. So so well done!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

On 1/20/2023 at 1:26 AM, MKJoshA said:

This is such a great tribute to the Ice Planet theme. Fantastic MOC!

Thank you!

On 1/20/2023 at 4:43 AM, Garmadon said:

Lovely snowscape, but those hex domes really steal the cake!  Brilliantly done, and instantly recognizable as Ice Planet inspired!

Thanks, I was pretty happy when I worked out how to achieve the dome.

On 1/20/2023 at 6:59 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Very cool MOC, I love this one.

The shots with icy background on your page are really great.

The snow/ice effect are nicely done, I saw some bunches of lovely cristals.

Thanks!

18 hours ago, Skalldyr said:

Wow I love the clean and compact yet intricate design! The crystals are a nice touch and the overall estatic really draws you into the picture. Really impressive!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Time77 said:

Gray feels over-used and blue feels under-used; brown looks great though! Would have liked to seem some more ice (frozen blacktrons?)

For what it is, its great!

You can always build your own take ;)

Absolutely SUPERB, and AFAIC it's a massive improvement on both the color scheme and the somewhat uninspired concept of the original IcePlanet2002 itself. Your 'sequel era' does for the theme what Neo Classic Space does for the original space Lego, reinvigorating it and adding so much more depth and richness of detail.

I love the above-mentioned idea of hapless Blacktrons (or maybe skeletons from earlier war-era "icetronauts"?) frozen in the ice; in fact there's a megaton of possibilities for additional scenes that these sets inspire -- they really spark the imagination, just as Lego intended. Here's hoping you're not done with the theme yet, because I'd love to see more!! 👍

Amazing model, and huge in scale. My favorite parts are the geodesic domes, and their half-finished look make it feel like they are under construction. I also like the use of slopes for snow drifts.

On 1/23/2023 at 1:55 PM, CP5670 said:

Amazing model, and huge in scale. My favorite parts are the geodesic domes, and their half-finished look make it feel like they are under construction. I also like the use of slopes for snow drifts.

Thanks!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:47 AM, Viper Knight said:

I thought it was a stellar moon base because of how awesome it is. Still looking good!

Thank you!

On 1/23/2023 at 12:13 AM, Blip said:

Absolutely SUPERB, and AFAIC it's a massive improvement on both the color scheme and the somewhat uninspired concept of the original IcePlanet2002 itself. Your 'sequel era' does for the theme what Neo Classic Space does for the original space Lego, reinvigorating it and adding so much more depth and richness of detail.

I love the above-mentioned idea of hapless Blacktrons (or maybe skeletons from earlier war-era "icetronauts"?) frozen in the ice; in fact there's a megaton of possibilities for additional scenes that these sets inspire -- they really spark the imagination, just as Lego intended. Here's hoping you're not done with the theme yet, because I'd love to see more!! 👍

Thank you, though I did make a conscious decision not to include any antagonists in this build, as when it comes down to it they are long gone in the timeline and now the real antagonist is the hostile environment of Krysto and time.

On 1/24/2023 at 11:17 PM, HarrisBricks said:

Thank you, though I did make a conscious decision not to include any antagonists in this build, as when it comes down to it they are long gone in the timeline and now the real antagonist is the hostile environment of Krysto and time.

Weeeeell I'm not sure they'd really count as antagonists, what with having been frozen solid... I was thinking of them more as "decorative scenery"  :grin: