I choose the dark side with my build.

This spaceship is dedicated to cyber-criminality on low and high earth orbit and the main feature is a big parabolic antenna.

I will use the 42112 concrete mixer as main propellant tank. It already has the main aerospike engine attached.

The mechanic guy is working on side enginesy4m12YB4qfopBgabroNPMrfa2y0DAjtohrcL7vBWy4mZe83uLVKvG3AJLfv9ArQ7YIQJiEqlIEd4qseSy4mlYCAXxStx7-mDru5zR4X-oNMIiwXQHWYmnr3f

Seems we were looking at the same parts lol... that part from the mixer-truck and those transparent panels :') Glad I got another idea so we have something different (no longer using those pieces)
Good luck in the contest! :)

I'm personally not a fan of those huge mixer pieces, but fitting your steering solution inside is quite brilliant. I like the mechanism. It's not entirely clear to me how the thing is braced (the yellow parallelogram thing seems not connected to the frame?) but I like the mechanism.

7 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I'm personally not a fan of those huge mixer pieces, but fitting your steering solution inside is quite brilliant. I like the mechanism. It's not entirely clear to me how the thing is braced (the yellow parallelogram thing seems not connected to the frame?) but I like the mechanism.

Exactly the yellow and gray parallelogram slide on the white roller but it stays in place by linkage tension. It doesn't touch the mixer inner structure and it's hidden so I'll keep it like that.

I think it looks like some insect with the mixer/fuel tank and this canopy. I'll continue this way with some retractable wings.

No villain without weapon so I added a huge underbelly gun that shoots rubber bands.

y4mer1t2i_h5hJX2eXLLiNHjEF9zsqbWiYa2x2goy4mwsddX-fzwOvkluXGnmcKt-0Oq4iMa6wCy6x42

Edited by JoKo

With those retractable "legs" - and with that "elastic band railgun" :P - and the "insect theme" - you just won 30 extra cool-points. :D

I really like the insect theme and that you used the concrete mixer as part of the insect's body. Clever use of the mixer to contain mechanisms! It would be cool if you could implement a better weapon, perhaps you could find some inspiration here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lego+shooting+mechanism&oq=lego+shoot&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512j0i273l2j0i512l5.5759j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

On 1/19/2023 at 11:17 PM, kolbjha said:

I really like the insect theme and that you used the concrete mixer as part of the insect's body. Clever use of the mixer to contain mechanisms! It would be cool if you could implement a better weapon, perhaps you could find some inspiration here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=lego+shooting+mechanism&oq=lego+shoot&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0i512j0i273l2j0i512l5.5759j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

I first improved the gun the lazy way: improved accuracy with a big aiming cross for the gunner and more destructive power with huge rubber band which makes the gun painfully powerful. Also improved trigger with a push button behind the rear landing leg.

y4m7gUwZe3RKwk10-RLkfnZxFY0vaEg6pY6u4DpUy4m3omj3HbpJ8nlZ1edX3DANANWYyTwNUBp_CvSky4mU34ppebGeMmWEwUxsAkyRsRpixRTL6BKAKtFQ

I also continued with fairing and details

y4m468RTcPQ9Meh76fYniIcuyGh79ShHNvTnRjxEy4mBLDrl2CdRL-g8EAyV3oBvrOJnscEqje9tqLLL

And finally I made a prototype of a better semi-auto gun:

How does the quote go again? In space no one hears mosquitoes buzzing?! :wink:

i like the filligree look. It looks like an ion storm could crumble it within seconds. But what i can tell from your videos it seem pretty robust. And then there are those details. Like the claws on the communication dish. Not to mention all the mechanisms. In my opinion the mosquito theme is very well implemented. Cool thing!

Thank you again!

I implemented the semi-auto six shots guns. It can still handle one huge rubber band instead of six small ones.

Another function I wanted is the magnets used in 1980-1990 LEGO space sets. I added two magnetic loading points under the sidepods and I built a small 3 wheeler rover and a cryogenic box.

With some texturing details and a few mandatory trans-red pieces I think this model is quite finished.

I recycled the big parabolic dish I made first to build a small astro-cyber-criminals base for the pictures backdrop.

y4mjGPpEH0YpjotF28lyRXVXpDPg9AdV9L8vXie4

y4mRgBGe0m4thh8Dw5NNuBvXzGgzP2V-F4S5CEp4

y4mM203FTQKU8QwsGaPUlDbRAmohfwubIAsOS14F

y4m-_FP64oD4ND9W2w27zP7CSH_SV_gL4uxIRGu9

y4m5X5tr8K9ljdk9w30AhqJRjBWNDRB0ubRLG547

On 1/13/2023 at 9:58 AM, Jim said:

I don't care how many piston engines you use in your spaceship, but NO rovers, NO walkers, NO other things than a spaceship

True that. Let's stick to the spaceship! That's what we are aiming for.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, Jurss said:

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

True that. Let's stick to the spaceship! That's what we are aiming for.

OK, I was not proud of it anyway. 

Let's use these magnets to carry smuggling cargo.

I finally took the time to make a presentation video: