Bulk Material Train Unloading Facility features: TRACK 1: Single Car Rotary Dump (Tipper) with electric drive, servo adjustable slip wall for various width cars, mechanically automated clamps that self adjust for various height cars, wheel clamps, car vibrators. Electric Cable Drive Car Indexer with adjustable cable tension. Works with metal axle, standard size wheel cars. Electric drive, jam proof apron feeder and conveyor belts. TRACK 2: Bottom Discharge Bridge with directional discharge chute.

Single_Tipper_2023_01

Single_Tipper_2023_02Single_Tipper_2023_03Single_Tipper_2023_04Single_Tipper_photo_003Single_Tipper_GrizzlyTipper_Control_TowerSingle_Tipper_Lighting

Edited by Terry Akuna
Been a while ... I forgot how to add photos and videos

Impressive! Congratulations with this work of art. Functional ánd good looking, an ideal combination. To first design this digitally and then convert to real bricks is also a big achievement.

Edited by Berthil
typos

Wow. This is completely insane!!! Kudos! 😮

Are you operating the motors manually or is there some kind of automation running the operation? (What would make it even more mindboggingly)

Great job Terry, it looks fantastic.

Are you going to be taking it to any shows in the midwest this year?

Agree with the other comments, this is great work! Love trains and automation brought together. I too would love to see it in person.

Dave

Insanely well done! Masterpiece of design and function in LEGO. Ooh, but that boss devil, not so much fun to work with her. I can see why the employees drink.

Thanks, everyone .... Black Knight, right now I'm using PF. Two IR receivers connected to the two switch transmitter. Red switch for the indexer and blue for the rotary. The switch used to adjust the slip wall is in the "electrical room" which you may resemble more like a port-a potty. If I change out the motors to PU I could theoretically fully automate the entire process, at least to a one button operation. All the LED lighting is Brick Loot and BrickStuff connected to a hub. Conveyor belt is set up for to unload into a bin ... but I'm drawing up designs now to go directly to loading a barge. Other options would be a stacker/reclaimer and/or loading station.

As far as shows ... I plan to go to a one day train show with ArkLUG in Feb at the Bentonville Fairgrounds. I do plan or hope to do a few larger shows this year, like Brickworld Chicago, Brick Fiesta Texas, NMRA Gaylord TX. I'm sure there are other options I haven't mentioned or don't know about. With everything being so damn expensive, it's hard to say for sure. Ha! I just looked up Gaylord TX WTF! $319 a night. OMG! I feel like Rip Van Winkle, stay home a few years, wake up and everything has more than doubled in price!

Video of Circular Stacker Reclaimer ... Rotary Dump would feed material to stacker reclaimer for storage. From here material can be reclaimed to feed train loading station.

Absolutely incredible! First the rotary car unloading is beautiful! I could watch that all day! Then the circular stacker reclaimer! What awesome pieces of machinery!

Hats off!

cheers,

Implementation of the technic elements under system bricks ist great, and what a massive built this is!

Jundis .... I find it interesting that AFOL's that are into a Technic don't really use System and vice versa ... or AFOL's that only build sets, and some that treat them like models and never take them apart. To me it's all Lego, no matter what theme. Technic has always been my favorite from the very first set and I hated Lego trains, built my first "train" which was actually a 2 car double stack well car in 2018 for NMRA 2018.

Very nice. I also like the combination of (railroad)-mocs with real technology and function. Your unloading station is technically very well implemented and looks visually great!

Now still automate with Lego PU ;-)

Too bad there's a big pond between us and I'll probably never see it live. We will probably have to build our own unloading stations in Europe (has already been done) ;-

Thomas

Very nice and detailed. I see you included the dust suppression sprayers.  :classic:

Powered UP automation is fairly straight forward. I saw a LEGO Friends basic rotary dumper a few years ago with PU control.

TS_  So it's not a rotary, but it's a functional unloading system! And that works for me! We have that end dump system here for trucks, but not for rail cars, as far as I know ... even has sliding mooring post to move the barge for weight distribution. Nice detail. Coincidentally, I have been working on 2 different barges most of last night and this morning. Redesigning my train barge and used hull design to make hopper barge like this one, but I think it's a bit big for an inland hopper barge, so I started a smaller design this morning.

Just noticed, or not noticed. How does it unload multiple cars? Is there a switch to a side track where the empty cars go?

Original Train Barge design from 2019

Train_Barge_01

Simply wonderful! :wub:
What I like is the seamless integration of the station into the railway layout; it's not just a mechanism, but there are lights, a control room, the minifigures on the scene!

Top notch work! :thumbup:

dr_spock ... not only dust suppression sprayers ... intake ducts for Pulse Jet Baghouse Dust Collection System. This facility prioritizes employee health and safety as well as the environment.

Dust_Collection_Unit_06