Built for Brickscalibur (Labor of Love category) as part of a collab with @Sympatik Brick

One beautiful summer morning on the coast, a man named Nemyk (wanting to beat the “morning rush”) went down to his favorite fishing spot. What he found instead was a basking mermaid named Lorena, who wanted to take advantage of the first rays of the sun while out of the sight of “land dwellers”. Both caught off guard, the two engaged in some awkward small talk before parting ways.  As fate would have it, the two would encounter each other again the following morning, and the morning after that, and so on. Gradually warming to each other, the two poured out their hearts, and (after a few months) were deeply in love. On the anniversary of their meeting, both decided to surprise each other with a gift. Nemyk sought a rare flower that was only found deep within the inhospitable Rakath mountains, while Lorena sought a crystal in the cold abyss of the ocean. Neither were prepared for the dangers that awaited them…

The Abyss (1)

The Abyss (2)

Here's @Sympatik Brick's half of the collab!

The Summit

About the Giant Valyrian Anglerfish:

Spoiler

Found deep within the oceans of Historica, the Giant Valyrian Anglerfish is only seen by surface dwellers when its corpse washes ashore. Like other species of anglerfish, it is subject to extreme sexual dimorphism between females (measuring roughly 30 feet in length) and males (measuring roughy 5 feet in length)

Giant Valyrian Anglerfish (1)Giant Valyrian Anglerfish (2)

Additional Images:

Spoiler

Sympatik Brick and I both agreed to build a heart-shaped base to further tie into the aforementioned "Labor of Love" Theme!

The Abyss (3) ❤️

Brickscalibur has just reached its epic conclusion, and it's time for me to start posting my entries. This was my first-ever collaboration, and it was an absolute blast! Best of luck to all of you who submitted entries!

Edited by socalbricks

This fish is so good!  So menacing and using parts I don't even recognize.  Great colors for the coral too.  Really good collab you guys, way to show that going small doesn't mean sacrificing quality!

wow man, I lov ethat creature! It looks so scary! those black wings as flippers (is that the right word in english?) work well for it :-)

@W Navarre Thank you!

@Kai NRG Thank you so much! The Mantax head served as the "seed part" - the rest was history! I really appreciate your comment on scale/quality, too. I have a small workspace/parts collection at home, so I used to worry that I could never compare/compete with builders who create these massive MOCs.

@Simon_S Thank you! You're close - animals with bones (such as dolphins) have flippers, but animals that lack bones (such as fish, which have cartilage instead) have fins!

Phenomenal build! The color choices, the organic angles, the use of the rock parts... all great! And the angler fish is amazing!  That bionicle part is wild and fits perfectly.  Outstanding job!

Excellent monsters from both of you! The head of the snake using those bionicle parts turned out great! And the angler is just superb! I love compact, smaller creature builds like this that are full of detail!

Epic sea monsters in both of these builds!  Fantastic work integrating all the elements together in the angler fish.  Crazy cool work with that one!  :sweet: