-House Raising Party
-Survival
-Grevling Manor Great Hall
-Alistair's Forest Lair
-Farmer Gyles Mill
-Mitgardian Watchtower of Treacleheim
-Gates of Treacleheim
-Alliance at Autumn Arbor

In western Mitgardia, along the coast, lies the small village of Skaaldoogh. Looking for alliances for his town of Dalig Ulv Wyndor arrived to speak with the jarl.

A raiding party had just returned from an expedition into Avalonia. And while Wyndor could not condone attacks on Mitgardia's neighbors he couldn't deny that the festive spirit was contagious.

The warriors of Skaaldoogh had brought back much loot from the elves.

But despite the victory the blacksmiths were already hard at work preparing for the next expedition.

Viking Village (2)

Wyndor hoped to convince them that it should be in defense of Mitgardia against the increasing threat from the minotaurs.

Viking Village (1)

Some close-up shots:

Spoiler

Viking Village Close Ups (2)

Viking Village Close Ups (3)

Viking Village Close Ups (4)

Viking Village Close Ups (5)

Viking Village Close Ups (6)

Viking Village Close Ups (7)

Viking Village Close Ups (8)

Viking Village Close Ups (10)

Viking Village Close Ups (12)

And a behind the scenes shot:

Spoiler

Viking Village Close Ups (13)

OoC: I have been wanting to build this MOC for about 2 years now. I tried to combine a bunch of techniques that I've been working on into one massive village layout. It's built on 4 64x64 baseplates which can come apart for transport. The water and boat move and the blacksmith forge lights up. Thanks for looking!

Wonderful build.  I really like the landscaping.  The trees and plants look great in addition to the rockwork.  The buildings have nice designs.  That is a big Mitgardian army.  

The motion!!  I cannot get over how smooth and beautiful the slight motion of the ship is.  How high up is the base to accommodate whatever gears and stuff you had to use?  Do you happen to have any shots of what the inner works there look like?  How long did it take you to work that out?

As you can tell, I'm really floored by the motion. :laugh:  As for the rest... it's a viking village, of course it's awesome!  The shield roof, the trees, the round tower--great techniques for each of these, overall a really neat build, great stuff.

5 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

The motion!!  I cannot get over how smooth and beautiful the slight motion of the ship is.  How high up is the base to accommodate whatever gears and stuff you had to use?  Do you happen to have any shots of what the inner works there look like?  How long did it take you to work that out?

As you can tell, I'm really floored by the motion. :laugh:  As for the rest... it's a viking village, of course it's awesome!  The shield roof, the trees, the round tower--great techniques for each of these, overall a really neat build, great stuff.

Glad you like it so much! Here's a shot of what's under the water:

1280x1707.jpg

It's a simple net/wave technique on top of rotating 1x2 liftarms.

And this video shows you the movement of the boat:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClsPTyDN2l6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Feel free to borrow the techniques and make them better! I'd love to see your amazing pirate MOCs fitted with something like this.

I definitely want to try this sort of thing someday... this is a build I'll come back to to see how it's done! :grin:

The way the ship rolls and pitches is the icing on the cake to this beautiful build, I love how true it is to the theme, I haven't seen such an ironically and truly Scandinavian diorama in a long time! Those buildings are sweet. You have a lot of brown shields, which looks lovely. And the presentation also is great! 

This is a great Mitgardian Village and ship! A beautiful diorama with great buildings and a great selection of minifigures. The waves effect is very well done I've never seen anything like it before. :pir-stareyes: 

Edited by NOD

wow man you have a lot of viking figures. and that moving boat and water is awesome. such a cool MOC! Very nice :-). The architecture on that great hall is also very impressive - especially with that shield roof and all the nice details in the woodwork.

Amazing work with the wave under the viking boot.

Edited by MrLind

Wow. Where to begin?  This thing is amazing on so many levels.  Love the roofs, including the all brown shields, and the half pressed down tiles.  The viking boat is superb and I noticed some excellent legacy part usage there!  Very nice, subtle tiling as woodwork detail on the long hall, and I like the wooden tower.  The disney birch trunks look good on the yellow trees too.  The waves are fantastic, and I wanted to thank you for again showing us how you build.  You did that previously to show us your technique for your round mill tower roof, which I really appreciate, since I love learning new techniques and I think we all appreciate it here.  Thanks for sharing!

Woah! So much to look at! All the buildings are great, but the eye catching part is definitely the shield roof on the main longhouse. And the huge viking ship, that moves!!!! I also like that the scene is bustling with viking figures, really makes it feel like a populous village.  

Thank you all! I had so much fun building this and I'm glad others can enjoy it too.

Truly impressive Mitgardian setup. 
Good to see the characteristic Serpentine-Longboat and the strategically round wooden tower with spikes. Just as our ancestors built in the old days!
Plus, the working wave mechanism is very impressive! 
Amazing work, sir MKJ. 

Impressive scale, yet with a lot of nice details.
I love the great hall building! The roof and the tiled decorations look great, and the crow is just lovely :thumbup:
Nice great elk skull too.

Excellent work, I can hear the mitgardian songs echoing from within the hall! The ship alone would be a great build, but you've got a whole village and working water around it!